Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Almost Human [Fox - US]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 85,441 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

"Don't scan my testicles again" :P there is good chemistry between the leads Ealy and Urban

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭PhiloCypher

Loved this scene

Kid - "are you a bot?"

Dorian - * smiles* "yes I am"

Kid - "cool what can you do"

Dorian - *leans close flashes his subdermal circuitry *

Kid - "wow, are you one too?" *to Kennex*

Kennex - "no I'm human"

Kid -" Ohhhhhh *disappointed* what can you do"

Kennex - *thinks for a moment takes out a flick knife* "watch this" *stabs himself in leg*

Kid - *runs away screaming*

Kennex - *belatedly shouts after the kid* "wait it doesn't hurt I have a synthetic leg"

Dorian - I never even been a child and I know that would scare one, what's the matter with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

Just watched the 2 ep, yeah it was cliched, but most of them are like that afaik :P
    Here's hoping it will turn out to be a good show, i took a chance on Continuum, although it did have Rachel Nicholls as a bonus & look how well that turned out, as FOX are hoping this'll be as good as Fringe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

Lyla was looking well.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Just downloaded it there, 10 minutes in im out, flying cars:rolleyes: its meant to be 2048 which is 35 years away, flying cars never going to happen, its like a bad
    b-movie.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭groovie

evilivor wrote: »
    A humourous robo buudy cop show, mmm… It's been done better.

I remember this, good fun so it was.

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭oxygen

Watched the first two episodes last night. They were fun, but it is a waste of talent\budget.
    It looks great, and the two leads are excellent, but its too cliched to keep me watching.

This in no way will do as any sort of a replacement for Fringe. Looks like its back to re-runs for me :(

Just downloaded it there, 10 minutes in im out, flying cars:rolleyes: its meant to be 2048 which is 35 years away, flying cars never going to happen, its like a bad
    b-movie.

Huh? Where are there flying cars? In the first ten minutes of the first episode, the only thing flying that I saw was at 6:58 into the episode. Is that what you meant? It looked more like a helicopter/type of airplane, rather than a car.

But if you want to give up on what is likely to be a great show, with realistic futuristic ideas, then fire ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

First episode was only ok, vast improvement in the second episode and a good overall arc forming.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,268 ✭✭✭DubTony

I absolutely loved this. With Breaking Bad just finished and being halfway through Sons of Anarchy, it's good to veg with something light and humorous that's more than 20 minutes long. Urban and Ealy bounce off each other really well. It's kitsch-y, but it's great fun. I'm feeling all Starsky & Hutch here. :eek:

The sci-fi element is good. It makes it all the more interesting and keeps us sci-fi geeks happy. The future-tech in this so far is quite down to earth and believable. I think we all expect there will be robots and androids some day, so that's not a stretch, and
    generating skin from "volunteers"
    is hardly rocket science now, is it? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭mafaa

the chemistry between the two leads were excellent ; the storyline quite fresh .... hahaha :D

Now, that was an action packed ep, the show's getting better inc the banter between 'Reginald' & Dorian!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

Ill be watching this later! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Watched ep01, awesome.

Very Deux Ex-esque I thought.

Have two eps to watch now with the missus

Now, that was an action packed ep, the show's getting better inc the banter between 'Reginald' & Dorian!

Agreed,very engaging. Was that Dewey from justified calling the shots?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭omahaid

Just finished ep3. I'm enjoying it, very light entertainment, Chewing gum for the eyes you could say :D

• Registered Users Posts: 85,441 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Die Hard elements were good

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

1st episode was ok, spent most of it going Karl Urban has gone from Bones McCoy > Judge Dredd > Deckard. Really is picking up all the best sci fi roles.

but I was hooked by the 2nd episode the two leads have fantastic chemistry together and it's got that nice mix of buddy cop series and clever sci fi flavours to satsify me.

3rd episode was equally entertaining.

Really does go home to prove that more so then film with TV the first and foremost thing you need to nail is your characters. You can have the most by the books bland plot lines but give us interesting likeable characters and you got yourself a solid show.

Another good episode this week. Solid stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

This really fills the fix I needed after fringe and burn notice ended.

Hope to see some progress on the stuff from ep01 soon...the two leads are buddys now, I get it already!

• Advertisement

Interesting article on episode 4 "The Bends", spoiler alert naturally. Here.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Despite the good reviews I'm very cautious about this - apparently the ratings stink and certain sites are already saying it'll definitely be cancelled.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

ixoy wrote: »
    Despite the good reviews I'm very cautious about this - apparently the ratings stink and certain sites are already saying it'll definitely be cancelled.

leaving Karl Urban available to make another Dredd movie instead. i can dream.

leaving Karl Urban available to make another Dredd movie instead. i can dream.

Or he could do what every other TV star does and make a film during his down time.

Catching up on this and really enjoying it. Only on episode 3 but so far it's been far better than expected. The set up is interesting and I love the fact that Dorian is black. Intentional or not it adds some real interesting levels to the prejudice that exists between the two leads. It's obvious from watching the series that its airing out of order. Episode 2 felt like it belonged two months down the line as the relationship between the leads seemed to be instilled with a casual attitude that felt developed and earned.

The first episode opened poorly and the wall of text was quite off putting. A show like this should be all about the world building but if you decide to build your world upon what we hear and read rather than see then your already on the back foot. Asimov's influence is felt throughout and the series owes his work a huge debt. Hopefully they'll build upon the themes and issues in his work rather than simply repeat them

I'm looking forward to seeing how this plays out but hope the writers can strike the right balance. The best and worst of the show was evident in episode 2 during two car set scenes. The first where they discussed an afterlife was poorly done and felt like a cheap gimmick used to create something weightier. It came out of nowhere and didn't work. Compare that to the scene later on where Dorian discusses the capacity of his partners testicals and they're worlds apart, the latter scene felt light and playful and while it was a little out of nowhere it was well done and genuinely funny

ixoy wrote: »

I didnt think it was that bad in the US?, as it has a few kinks, last week Mackenzie Crook got his 15m of fame as i thought he was gonna be stuck in the cellar fixin the bots, will watch a few more to see how its goin.

I didnt think it was that bad in the US?, as it has a few kinks, last week Mackenzie Crook got his 15m of fame as i thought he was gonna be stuck in the cellar fixin the bots, will watch a few more to see how its goin.

Ratings are rising so I'm cautiously optimistic that we will see a second series.

All caught up and really enjoying the show. It's a by the book procedural and has some interesting ideas in play but manages thanks to out leads to be far better than it has any right to be.

Just after finishing episode 5 and wondering why it is that out killer didn't go free in the end. The fact that there were 5 of him means that reasonable doubt has to come into it. Perhaps I'm over thinking it but it did abbot me somewhat.

All caught up and really enjoying the show. It's a by the book procedural and has some interesting ideas in play but manages thanks to out leads to be far better than it has any right to be.

Just after finishing episode 5 and wondering why it is that out killer didn't go free in the end. The fact that there were 5 of him means that reasonable doubt has to come into it. Perhaps I'm over thinking it but it did abbot me somewhat.

The stories don't really hold up under close scrutiny, at least we were spared dorians dickie. For that much I'm thankful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,268 ✭✭✭DubTony

groovie wrote: »
    The stories don't really hold up under close scrutiny, at least we were spared dorians dickie. For that much I'm thankful.

"Is that all for one person?"

"Wait, you're a robot. Wha ... what do you do with it?"
    "Same thing you do with yours ... Nothing!"

Hilarious. :D:D:D

Advertisement