Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Almost Human [Fox - US]

Options
12346»

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Disappointing, but not entirely surprising. The show had potential, and certainly the two leads had excellent dialogue and chemistry; they were the main reason I tuned in really. Beyond that though, the world-building was uninspired & lazy, riddled with sci-fi cliché, and the side characters non-existent.

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭redt0m

Here's hoping for a HBO or AMC Dredd show now...

• Registered Users Posts: 85,438 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

mafaa wrote: »
    Almost Human Cancelled By Fox

Damn u Fox

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭bluesfan

Disappointing but not exactly surprising. Very little chance of it being picked up by anyone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭allen175

Ah for God sake! Like everyone else i liked this show, couldn't wait each week to watch it. Poor Michael Ealy, 2 cop buddy shows of his cancelled within 2 years, each only surviving 1 season. I wonder where he will go next.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,677 ✭✭✭squonk

It's a shame alright. It's one of the few shows in recent years in the Sci Fi genre that showed some great potential. Out of order episodes didn't help as was said, and they didn't really get their punches in early enough I felt. I wasn't overly convinced witht eh show earlier on but it really grew on me, and they upped the stakes a bit lateron. The last episode was great and if they'd gone for that quality all the way through then we wouldn't be here talking about the show's loss. It's a lost opportunity and that's always a shame.

It's not the episodes being out of order that killed this but rather the writers reluctance to do any world building. Week after week they left the world a rather dull and uninteresting place while shoehorning in whatever tech they thought was cool. There was no consistency to any of it and important tech like the shield were used once and then ignored the rest of the series, even when it would have proven bloody useful. The same is true for the world outside the side, much is made of it in one episode but rarely mentioned again. It's hard to get into a show that simply has no idea what it wants to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

redt0m wrote: »
    Here's hoping for a HBO or AMC Dredd show now...
    yeah Mega City 1, get on it, HBO, TNT, Showtime, AMC, FX ETC ETC ETC, everyone except a network channel

• Closed Accounts Posts: 990 ✭✭✭timetogo

I just finished watching the last episode and googled to see when season 2 would be released. Ballllllllllls.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

timetogo wrote: »
    I just finished watching the last episode and googled to see when season 2 would be released. Ballllllllllls.

Stop doing that. :-(

Notice to anyone that comes in to the thread to comment with anything other than a link saying it's been picked up, don't. The hope when I come in to the TV Forum and see a new post on certain threads only to be disappointed is slowly killing me :-(

• Advertisement
Advertisement