Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Photos of your Airsoft equipment (Discussion)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Squad 701

Hey Horse84,

Thanks for posting your photos, it always nice to see Custom Pistols :)

1911s were always particularly popular, probably due to the amount of custom parts available for them, but I haven't seen too many on the Boards ?

Having said that, I think my first 3 Airsoft pistols were a KSC USPc, KSC Glock 19 and Sig Sauer P226.
    I'm very unfortunate in that I love nearly all guns, everything feels good in my easy to please hand, except a H&K P7M13 with its incredibly bulky grip, but you can get used to that too ;)

I'm sure there must be a few more people out there who can surprise us with some nice shots of their custom pistols :)

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭Drachnien

I tried but no one seemed to like my hi-capa ;)
    it's funny I own a lot of pistols but no 1911's I had an army R27 years ago and that kind of turned me off them.

Drachnien wrote: »
    I tried but no one seemed to like my hi-capa ;)
    it's funny I own a lot of pistols but no 1911's I had an army R27 years ago and that kind of turned me off them.

Well it was more popular than my MEUs ;)
    So I wouldn't worry about it :)

I think a lot of people glance through photos and don't realise there is a thank you button there, I personally don't post photos to be praised, I've always loved looking at others peoples photos of their Airsoft Gear, so I like to contribute, but you do kind of loose momentum to take photos, upload them to a photo sharing site, copying and pasting links and then only receive a few likes for the effort, it leaves you unsure is anybody actually interested or even looking at them, and are you just wasting your time and effort, then again it's only Airsoft :)

don't get me wrong, I'll keep tinkering ;) I've been working on a loadout for a post apocalypse game. armour based on Halo, customised thunder maul and that hi capa. I do it for the fun not for praise.

Out of interest, when you spend that sort of money on a custom pistol do you actually ever use it? honest question, I'm kind of scared of damaging them sometimes.

Drachnien wrote: »
    Out of interest, when you spend that sort of money on a custom pistol do you actually ever use it? honest question, I'm kind of scared of damaging them sometimes.

That's down to personal preference whether you want to skirmish or just plink your custom pistols, or even lock them in the safe to become Queens :)

But to be honest most probably don't fire any better than a stock TM Glock 17 and that's the reality of it, with a few exceptions of course ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭I Armour I

Love the pistols lads, some very nice stuff. Can I ask, is it sacrilege to butcher an innokatsu?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭brenak47

Question why would u want or need to do anything to an innokatsu.

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭I Armour I

Hahaha, wants? needs? this is airsoft my friend!!

Just the world war 2 variant of the 1911 is becoming saturated in my mind. I don't want to add bling or anything, maybe some nice grips, perhaps something done to it to make it stand out :) I actually had some one ask was it a WE due to its weight, so any suggestions.

I Armour I wrote: »
    Love the pistols lads, some very nice stuff. Can I ask, is it sacrilege to butcher an innokatsu?

Nice MGS 1911, I'm sure there were hours or months of fun to be had building that, personally I draw the line at drilling holes through triggers - there goes another finger :)
    Fair play to you in finding a Jeweller (friend) to do the engraving, always handy to know. I'm building a Kimber Warrior SOC, so I might be in contact with you for the SOC :)
    Have you got any other Nice custom pieces, or is that your baby ?
    I think the longest I spent building a 1911 was 4-5 hours, I don't think I'd have the patience to wait over a year, it's a real shame some of the parts weren't available, like the trigger and grips, as it would have really sped the build process up, as the gun is huge in Japan.
    Either way - Nice Work.

PS - I don't understand your Inokatsu question, you want to get one or you have one which you want to further customise ???

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭SickMusicMan

@Squad 701 that is one fine collection you have there my friend. I have been looking out for some kimber kits, but everywhere seems to be out of stock. Where did you get them? I hope to build a collection like yours someday. I love 1911's.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭Southern Dandy

@Squad701, Hey bud, are most of your pistols Cerakoted by the kit maker?, or do you send them off to get done yourself?.

@Squad 701 that is one fine collection you have there my friend. I have been looking out for some kimber kits, but everywhere seems to be out of stock. Where did you get them? I hope to build a collection like yours someday. I love 1911's.

A lot of the Hurricane Kimber metal-kits are available from the likes of UN Company in Hong Kong and several other retailers, these are made of mixed-metal and very good value as the kits contain stainless steel barrel, mag-catch, slide-catch etc. They are usually around $190.
    The more expensive Nova aluminium kits usually start to get reissued along with a couple of new-ones from about March, so this will give you a chance to start saving ;)
    Everyone loves 1911s :)

@Squad701, Hey bud, are most of your pistols Cerakoted by the kit maker?, or do you send them off to get done yourself?.

Hey there,
    I got a bit tired of getting badly surface marked Nova parts, so eventually decided to get most of my 1911 control-parts Cerakoted.
    Most of the Nova/Prime kits have already got a fairly good standard of finishing including their coatings, its just a personal choice if you want to get the slide/frame Cerakoted for reasons of changing-colours, protection, giving a badly marked kit a new lease of life, whatever.
    Did I mention its quite expensive ? with parts having to get sand-blasted and colour baked on, its not going to be cheap.
    As far as I'm aware the only firearms Cerakoting service in this end of Europe is Riflecraft in Norfolk, UK.
    I don't think any Airsoft Guns have come out Cerakoted until the last 12 months when Prime made the Costa Ludus Recon 1911 kit for a Japanese company who later had it Cerakoted and laser-engraved in Japan.
    Also the recently released Guns Modify Costa SAI Glock kit was initially Duracoated, but due to poor results was later Cerakoted, well that was the word on the grapevine anyway.
    I hope some of this information might help, but if you want to look at a few pictures, try the following link :

http://www.cerakoteguncoatings.com/gallery/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭Southern Dandy

@Squad701, I'm planning a project some time soon and want to get parts cerakoted namely a reciever and RIS. I looked into riflecraft already but never got round to ringing them for a quote, out interest how much did it set you back, for the slide and frame, shipping etc?.

@Squad701, I'm planning a project some time soon and want to get parts cerakoted namely a reciever and RIS. I looked into riflecraft already but never got round to ringing them for a quote, out interest how much did it set you back, for the slide and frame, shipping etc?.

I have a good friend who has had a few receivers done by Riflecraft,
    It's close to £70 for upper and lower receiver to be done.

I can't remember how much I payed for the 1911s I had done, it was about £50-£60 if my memory serves me right.
    P&P was about £10-£15 but it was registered express and very fast at that.

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭Darth Phoenix

@ Drachnien

That's art mate, I tip my hat to you sir, If I was half as good as that, I be very proud. Now to see you embracing a creative talent mate.

Fair play and look forward to many more.

DP

sorry man, credit where credit isn't due ! I didn't engrave it !
    it's a body kit for a we glock bloody thing is a nightmare to get together, it's taken 2 days of sanding, filing and polishing to get it working as all the parts are a few microns out so everything is too tight to move.

I have it at the stage where it's firing fine now but the slide is still ever so slightly too tight. it's so close to just right that I think i'll just let it wear down through use rather than risk filing it too much.

No worries mate, either way, fair play for the time consuming process of the slide sanding. It is time consuming I know. If you are at that stage then you are literally at 0.03mm to 0.05 and less to go.

Yeah might be safer to do that alright mate. No point going overboard. Easier to take some off, alot harder to put stuff on :)

Well wear regardless anyways mate.

DP

Thanks mate :)

@ MAFO
    Liking the sniper dude its finally finished i see(or is it).U'll have to bring it out one day.I'd love to get the r hop fitted to the mauser but think it would be wasted in the standard hop up unit as the barrel window is very small.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭mafo

brenak47 wrote: »
    @ MAFO
    Liking the sniper dude its finally finished i see(or is it).

Is not finished yet. Bi-pod is missing and silencer is not filled. I though about 3D printed baffles but I'll use foam rings ( due to legal reasons :D ).
    U'll have to bring it out one day.I'd love to get the r hop fitted to the mauser but think it would be wasted in the standard hop up unit as the barrel window is very small.

Just cut bigger window in the barrel. I have 12 mm R-hop patch fitted in my m4.

Ah just a few little bits 2 to then.I thought about cutting it but the hop up rubber in the mauser is not much bigger than a pistol one where as the pdi u can use aeg hop up rubbers.Thats why i didn't try it didn't want to mess the barrel up.Ah thats why your m4 has some crazy range and accuracy.Is the r hop a pain to fit like alot of people say as i would try it in my raider.

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭mafo

Ah just a few little bits 2 to then.I thought about cutting it but the hop up rubber in the mauser is not much bigger than a pistol one where as the pdi u can use aeg hop up rubbers.Thats why i didn't try it didn't want to mess the barrel up.Ah thats why your m4 has some crazy range and accuracy.Is the r hop a pain to fit like alot of people say as i would try it in my raider.

It is not hard, just cutting out the window takes some time. Pm me your address, I will post you some proper silicone tubbing.

@ Foxhole, sweet piece of kit mate ;)

DP

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Rooky1

DP

One of the nicest AEGs VFC ever made:-)

mafo wrote: »
    Is not finished yet. Bi-pod is missing and silencer is not filled. I though about 3D printed baffles but I'll use foam rings ( due to legal reasons :D ).

@MAFO
    When putting foam rings in make plastic spacers(empty bottle) and place them in between each one it helps a bit.Also where the inner barrel meets the silencer u can fit in 2 bottle caps with 6-8 holes in the first and 4 in the second and this traps some of the air to quieten sound.match the caps together like this [] open ends together.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Foxhole Norman

DP
    Rooky1 wrote: »
    One of the nicest AEGs VFC ever made:-)

Thanks lads! I really love it, can't wait to break it in next week!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭CpcRc

She's looking great DP. I like the front grip. I think I saw one on a RS F2000 and was quite interested in it. Is it a RS accessory or were you able to find a copy?

CpcRc wrote: »
    She's looking great DP. I like the front grip. I think I saw one on a RS F2000 and was quite interested in it. Is it a RS accessory or were you able to find a copy?

Thanks matey, that is a RS one but they are copies of them I believe, I could be mistaken but I nearly sure I seen them on RSOV, can't remember if they had their own name for them or not . But feels better in hand and their narrower than afg's in general.

• Advertisement

@DP Man what can i say that is unreal man.I like it alot.Another great piece from yourself.

Advertisement