Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Photos of your Airsoft equipment (Discussion)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Rooky1

jayod30 wrote: »
    You looking for printer paper for it?

I will be very soon! They supply the printer with a miserable little roll.

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭jayod30

Is that you Michael scott???

Why are you the way that you are? Honestly, every time I try to do something fun or exciting, you make it not that way. I hate so much about the things that you choose to be!!!:p
    Rooky1 wrote: »
    I will be very soon! They supply the printer with a miserable little roll.

I should be able to help ya there

Excellent thanks Jay:-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭Southern Dandy

jayod30 wrote: »
    Why are you the way that you are? Honestly, every time I try to do something fun or exciting, you make it not that way. I hate so much about the things that you choose to be!!!:p

Haha, Poor Toby.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,899 ✭✭✭S.E.A.L.s

Welcome to the Chrony Club Rooky1 and have been using the Alpha model for years, the only drawback I've found for this type of Chrono is low light conditions

Apart from that, it's class and can measure projectiles up to 7000 FPS :eek:

• Advertisement

Thanks Seals. Happy to have made the investment:-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭CpcRc

@ YbFocus

For a dmr you want a fast trigger response on semi auto. So you are looking for a mosfet and a high torque motor, not high speed. The high torque can spin up faster but have a lower top speed. Those would be some starting items for internals.

Also if your silencer has foam or anything inside it I would suggest experimenting with spacing. You remove some of the foam rings or whatever and space them out along the length of the silencer.

This creates little air chambers in the silencer and the air behind the BB will disperse in these chambers and so will the noise they are carrying, hence changing the sound profile of the aeg. It won't affect fps but will affect how loud it is to enemies.

This is how real suppressors work. They have chambers for the gas to expand in and this changes the sound profile making it more difficult t locate the shooter compared to regular shooting sound profiles.

If the foam is loose in the silencer it may move as you are firing it. If this is the case you will have to look into some ways to secure the material inside a bit better. Find the way which works best for you.

Finally, if you are doing this you must make absolutely sure that no material obstructs the centre of the silencer. If the BB hits anything on the way out this can cause problems like BBs going off target, or worse, shattering and sending shards of BBs flying at people. Which could cut them.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

CpcRc wrote: »

Thanks man that's a big help, so a mosfet and hi torque is the direction to go :)

I may need to get a bigger silencer as the psg barrel is about 2/3's of the way up it. I will play with the spacing as its currently full of little foam discs.

Thanks very much for taking the time to write that man :D

No worries. I always use spacing on my silencers. Like I said though, make sure the centre is definitely clear. Remove a bit of material or check to make sure the disc are level and not rotated or something in the silencer.

Another poster Nakedex used to say the best way to be silent is for your gearbox to turn over quickly so the sound is shorter. And high torque is better for response. You might need to upgrade your wiring to 16 or 18awg for the motor to cope with the current. Most mosfet instruction will advise those sizes for motor leads.

Something of note, if buying wires online, be sure to look at an accurate photo. You want to insulation to be as thin as possible so it still fits inside the gearbox. This is an example of good wire to use that I have used in a previous installation. As you can see from the image there isn't much insulation around the wire so it isn't too thick. Also this wire is flexible.

I understand the thin wires when I was trying to get the gearbox back together before :)
    Thanks man I understand how most of it works and what to do but it was just to figure out what direction I needed to go with my gun for what I wanted I couldn't figure out.
    You'll see me buying fairly soon again. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭brenak47

Just when i see u looking into making spacers. Poster board the plastic board u see most signs made out of i'd say would be good as it is not solid all the way through so it would act as baffels and still give u a solid spacing.I haven't got around to trying it out myself be will do shortly. heres a pic as example images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRveW7AyemiUrDd9Df4Y_hKbxockZKwmH1v5hT_nMrxiWpbJKbO

I have some of that card stuff in the shed I'll mess about with it :)

As for moving the foam about in the silencer, depending on where it is the pressure is causing slight changes in the flight and range of the shot. It is definitely not clipping any of it or anything.
    Saving up for an ASCU now :)

The foam shouldn't affect the flight. Hasn't for me and I own three silencers. Unless your cylinder and barrel aren't matched maybe.

The foam shouldn't affect the flight. Hasn't for me and I own three silencers. Unless your cylinder and barrel aren't matched maybe.

Never heard of this matching?

Wow ok just reading up on this, have to do some serious figuring out!
    I have a 590mm 6.03 can you point me in the right direction?
    Sickened now after reading the barrel compendium, it seems like getting the PSG-1 barrel
    done nothing for me!
    Thought it would make it more accurate!

For barrels over 410mm or so your cylinder has to be a full cylinder. I think they are called type 0.
    This basically means that there are no holes in the cylinder to reduce the volume pushed down the barrel.

So a small cqb aeg like a pdw has a short barrel so it can use a cylinder with a hole along it's length to vent air so that the volume compressed in the cylinder is a better match for the volume of the inner barrel.
    If you have too little volume getting pushed through, the BB will be slowing down before it reaches the end of the barrel.
    If you have too much volume going through then the BB might become unstable as it isn't receiving the right amount of force from the volume of air behind it.

For a psg-1 length barrel you might need a different gearbox like the sr-25 type one as it is a lot longer than standard aegs so need a bigger cylinder than standard aegs.

Reading up now, seemingly the norm to run at this lenght is a Type 0.
    If its just a cylinder with no outlet on its side I should have one here I think.

Christ I thought this was just a simple job, how much more is there :)

I'm beginning to see the whole money pit thing here lads!!

@Horse84
    How's the px4 bulldog? I got the regular version and enjoy it quite a lot. It has good gas efficiency and accuracy so I'm curious as to how the compact performs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭Horse84

@Horse84
    How's the px4 bulldog? I got the regular version and enjoy it quite a lot. It has good gas efficiency and accuracy so I'm curious as to how the compact performs.

Absolutely chuffed to bits with it actually. I just got it this morning and I've been plinking it most of the day.

I've had a TM px4 for a while and it's a direct clone without the rotating barrel and it being a good bit shorter.Really nice weight to it, fits perfectly in the hand. The 2 mags with it work perfect. Shot consistency is good and I was easily emptying a mag on a full shot of gas.

I have to say WE or whoever their oem is have done a decent job with their QC. Big improvement on the older WE models. Now of course the build quality internally isn't up to a TM, for the money it's not going to be.

The changeable pink grips and luminous sights are a nice touch too. Definitely recommended man

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭OzCam

DJDylan106 wrote: »
    Got bored a few days ago and came up with the plans to make an airsoft mortar.
    Different ideas scurried around in my head for days and then finally, i came up with this smile.png

Looks good DJDylan. How far do the bbs travel, and how do you get the shell out of the barrel to reload it?

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭DJDylan106

OzCam wrote: »
    Looks good DJDylan. How far do the bbs travel, and how do you get the shell out of the barrel to reload it?

Cheers OzCam, Roughly the same distance as a standard m203 suprisingly, taking into account around a 45 - 60 degree angle i was getting about 40 - 50 meter range on the bb's with the stray ones going further and shorter distances than that. Unfortunately, this is the mere prototype, you drop the grenade in, it fires the bb's and you must turn the mortar upside down to get the shell out of the barrel, impractical i know but i like the look of it and the pride of firing it into the air and feeling like a real army-man :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

T'was looking through the equipment thread, and came across Rooky1's Kriss and PDR, and was wondering how much of a difference does the silencer make, or is it just an extra bit of barrel to ensure better aim? Have only briefly used an electric airsoft thing, and as it didn't make that much noise, I'm wondering is the benefit tactical or is it purely photogenic?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭brenak47

Ybfocus thanks a lovely looking g3.
    Thermo like the paint got on the sniper man very nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,438 ✭✭✭✭thermo

cheers, got bored at home........................

Thanks Brenak, again thermo great job on the sniper! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭bushball

nice family pic, whydave, what brand is the ak?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,061 ✭✭✭whydave

Custom build AK

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭bushball

it looks unreal

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭I Armour I

@Darth Phoenix,

That is effing amazing man, I swear. Where did you get the markings/engravings done?

Looks awesome DP:-)
    Truly a one off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭Darth Phoenix

@ Lil , cheers mate. Friend of a friend done it for me.

@ Rooky, Thanks matey, turned out better than I hoped. Hard to imagine the same aeg from that case last year :D

Advertisement