Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Golf Tips Thread

Options

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

jjll wrote: »
    Lots money for billy horseshoe strange

He's hardly a scrub, so I'm not sure how you consider it strange.

Speaking for myself, it'll be the third consecutive week backing him and it certainly won't be the last this season. I'm sure that applies to a few lads here as well. I see him winning a couple of times this season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭ledgebag1

Backed Sterne 90/1, casey 55/1 and Olesen 22/1 (I think, havent got the docket with me) in Dubal and Ryan Moore 251/, Rickie Fowler 50/1 and Martin Laird 80/1 in phoenix

• Registered Users Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭bobwilliams

wonder how long before Phil pulls out,ball in the water already,2 over thr 3 on one of the easiest tracks they play.......then he goes and birdies the next 2 so I may be well wrong

Some round from Bradley...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

great round from webster this Morning!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭Kirk Van Houten

Dubai
    MA Jimenez 1 point e/w 66/1 (6 places)

Phoenix
    Ryan Moore 1 point e/w 35/1
    Brendan Steele 0.5 point e/w 66/1
    Pat Perez 1.5 points e/w 66/1
    Martin Laird 0.5 point e/w 80/1
    Ben Crane 0.5 point e/w 80/1

Really fancy Perez in Phoenix. Lives in Scottsdale has some half decent top 30's in this tournament and is hitting some decent enough form at the moment (2 top 10's in last 3 tournaments).

never at the races in Dubai but Perez, Moore and Steele in the top 4 in the US at the moment. Still reckon Stadler or Bubba will need to come back to the pack if one of them is to win.

EDIT - Perez 5 under through 6 now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭jjll

Moore gone 1 over today one good round then one bad round

sky 'LIVE' pictures approx. 5 mins behind at the mo:(:mad:

sky 'LIVE' pictures approx. 5 mins behind at the mo:(:mad:

you mean 10 they finished 7th before they showed tee shot

never at the races in Dubai but Perez, Moore and Steele in the top 4 in the US at the moment. Still reckon Stadler or Bubba will need to come back to the pack if one of them is to win.

EDIT - Perez 5 under through 6 now

Perez playing like a sunday morning hacker on the last four costs me the place money. Steele and Moore in the top 10 at the moment but neither look like getting a place.

Edit - Moore and Steele both finish T6 just outside the place money.

• Advertisement

Perez playing like a sunday morning hacker on the last four costs me the place money. Steele and Moore in the top 10 at the moment but neither look like getting a place.

Edit - Moore and Steele both finish T6 just outside the place money.

Very annoying round from moore personally think bubba lost it more than stadler winning it

bubbA is.cooked

• Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭bradlente

bradlente wrote: »
    Dubai all each ways
    Luiten
    Seung Yul noh
    Scott Jamieson
    Jaidee
    A stake split across Morten Orum Madsen Jin Jeong and Jb Hansen.
    Shane Lowry top GB/Irish player

Phoenix e/w
    De Laet
    Leishman
    Every
    Charles Howell lll
    Choi
    Na
    Molder
    Levin

Would back Crane now only he's gone in.Have enough backed anyway!

De Laet did the business again,Didn't have Howell with Powers or James so missed out there.Happy enough with the place tbh after how the first few days started,No one else ever really looked in contention.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,848 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

Had Steele backed also at 66s
    Disgusted nobody went 6 places

Just watching the highlights, that's awful for anyone who had Bubba.

Fairly bleh week for myself. Simpson was too little, too late and Olesen never got going on Sunday when in great position. The rest were all duds. Still shocked by Bradley's rounds (66 and 80 to miss the cut).

Another profitable week thanks to stadler and webster!!

But back to the drawing board for next week although look like i missed some nice early prices on DVW in joburg.

Hopefully get an hour this evening to have a look at things

• Registered Users Posts: 34,068 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

redzerdrog wrote: »
    Another profitable week thanks to stadler and webster!!

But back to the drawing board for next week although look like i missed some nice early prices on DVW in joburg.

Hopefully get an hour this evening to have a look at things

Nice couple of weeks for you on the in play front:)

Done my bets for the coming week already.

Dustin Johnson 14/1 win
    Pat Perez 55 win and place
    Ryan Palmer 60 win and place
    Jason Kokrak 85 win and place
    Will Mackenzie 100/1 ew

might sneak in 1 more in coming days

sticking with Jimmy Walker this week. Outsider Bryce Molder @125/1 might be worth few quid e/w
    Hoping this week might be the week for forgotten star Tom Lewis to come good,he's 125/1

Have my eye on some really nice prices for the AT&T

Waiting on top10 and top20 markets for the following

Bryce Molder 80/1
    Brian Gay 125/1
    James Driscoll 150/1
    Richard H Lee 200/1

Each way

Bryce Molder 80/1
    Spencer Levin 60/1
    Robert Garrigus 66/1

Might add a few more shorter odds later in the week.

• Advertisement

biggest bet for a while for me,that probably spells disaster but anyway
    Magnus Carlson in the Joburg open e/w 66/1.
    Wouldn't be surprised to see him feature in the racing post tips along with the really obvious Coetzee,Aitken and Charl

added John Mallinger @100/1,bit of a speculative one as he has had injury problems,
    However,3rd here 2007 and 2008,great comeback last week with a top 20 and last but not least he's a local which always helps.
    Form here in recent years not good but I think he's worth a small e/w

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

Back to South Africa again for the European Tour, I would find it diffcult to pick either of the top 2 in the market for very different reasons.

Dawie Van Der Walt 50/1 various- Caught my eye in 2014 with some of his play including his 9th in Qatar. He has two wins in the past 12months in this country and played well at this event in 2012.

picks in full

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭MUFC91CS

Out of curioristy does anyone have any useful tips for researching golf bets ? What sites to people on here use ? Love backing and watching golf but would know virtually nothing about course form, stats, etc so most of my bets are just copying people that post on here.

manafana wrote: »
    Back to South Africa again for the European Tour, I would find it diffcult to pick either of the top 2 in the market for very different reasons.

Dawie Van Der Walt 50/1 various- Caught my eye in 2014 with some of his play including his 9th in Qatar. He has two wins in the past 12months in this country and played well at this event in 2012.

picks in full

Manley with Betfair or did he move in?Stan James?

Got on that G Mac price earlier myself Redzer,Any particular reason for Harding?

MUFC91CS wrote: »
    Out of curioristy does anyone have any useful tips for researching golf bets ? What sites to people on here use ? Love backing and watching golf but would know virtually nothing about course form, stats, etc so most of my bets are just copying people that post on here.

I'm on my phone so can't answer all. I use my own spreadsheets and us software from mate for backing and laying players who will likely drop before ball is hit.(I don't post these here as be too much after timing)

site I use a lot is pgatour.com go to stats and you can pick up all you like there.

ill throw up few others in few days or can send them by PM if like.

on phone so can't link

• Registered Users Posts: 23,848 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

biggest bet for a while for me,that probably spells disaster but anyway
    Magnus Carlson in the Joburg open e/w 66/1.
    l

took him at 66s as I just had no idea who to back
    available at 90s in a place now

went with steele in the other one at 66s and hes now
    available at 80s in a few places

I wont be touching golfers on a tuesday again in a hurry

mailburner wrote: »
    took him at 66s as I just had no idea who to back
    available at 90s in a place now

went with steele in the other one at 66s and hes now
    available at 80s in a few places

I wont be touching golfers on a tuesday again in a hurry

Most of my picks are done by then and most of the time I find the prices are a lot worse come today,Depends on who you pick I suppose.Don't let it put you off because there's always good value flying round Monday and Tuesday. Got Macdowell @40s in to 33 and Baddeley @110 into 90s now.Get a couple of ones like yourself from time to time but more than often see an odds drop in days after.

• Advertisement

bradlente wrote: »
    Got on that G Mac price earlier myself Redzer,Any particular reason for Harding?

Justin Harding is just a shot in the dark really has some decent course form from last year finished 38 in this but also won here on one of the lesser tours.

Jared Harvey is another one I considered as a shot in the dark

Advertisement