Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Golf Tips Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

heads up to anyone thinking of backing snedeker he has opened at 33/1 with stan james, most places are only 20s on him so i cant imagine it will last long

• Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭bradlente

redzerdrog wrote: »
    heads up to anyone thinking of backing snedeker he has opened at 33/1 with stan james, most places are only 20s on him so i cant imagine it will last long

Mad he's in to twentys now already.Did you just come across that or do you have any alert for when new odds come up?A bit raging I missed that!

Chris Wood and De Laet so far for me both 66/1

bradlente wrote: »
    Mad he's in to twentys now already.Did you just come across that or do you have any alert for when new odds come up?A bit raging I missed that!

No alerts am basically off work today and meant to be studying because I have an exam tomorrow but spent most of the day researching the golf instead, was checking oddschecker throughout the day waiting on prices.

Snedeker was on my shortlist but when he opened at 20 i crossed him off it but then once I saw 33s available i opened a stan james account

• Registered Users Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭bobwilliams

I'll be adding De Jonge and Graeme de Laet,expect the racing post might stick Walker in,he might be worth a tenner on the nose,he owes me nought.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,068 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

No alerts am basically off work today and meant to be studying because I have an exam tomorrow but spent most of the day researching the golf instead, was checking oddschecker throughout the day waiting on prices.

Snedeker was on my shortlist but when he opened at 20 i crossed him off it but then once I saw 33s available i opened a stan james account

Thats a great price if you got him at that. Fair play.

• Advertisement

Just heads up to people backing on European Tour.

It starts on Wednesday and not the usual Thursday.

Thats a great price if you got him at that. Fair play.

yeh just had a tenner on it I was afraid to try for more in case it got rejected as I heard similar stories about SJ

Its great having the majority of my bets in place already without a last minute rush, also got to avail of some nice prices that I would have usually missed.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=88573969&postcount=233

bradlente wrote: »

where did you get 66/1 on De Laet,he will have a serious good year imo.

Probably my only outside bet but got to take 125/1(Boyles) on Justin Leonard. Tied 3rd last week. Loves Torrey Pines having a 5th and 8th finish in past 3 attempts.

Wont be around much longer.

Will pick out 2-3 more by tomorrow night

• Advertisement

where did you get 66/1 on De Laet,he will have a serious good year imo.

Stan James earlier moved in a bit now.Would've back Els tonight seen him @55 earlier but now he's into 40s,Kicking myself if he does well.Ross Fischer looks a good price with Coral 66 no account there though.

Have added a few of the lads picks here,Leonard,Hanson,Hansen.Taking another shot with Byrd for the hell of it,He's 300 this week.Hunter Mahan at 45\1 won't stick around either so I'll probably back that now too.

Bubba Watson 40 Betfair
    Hunter Mahan 46 Betfair
    Justin Leonard 125/1 Bet365
    Will MacKenzie 360 Betfair + Finish in Top 20/1 with Bet365

Tiger is clear favourite and if he is on form he is sure going to take all the beating. Think he is worth taking on though at short price.

Bubba has been past champion here. He has also finished 4th ad 7th here before, the year he defended his title he finished 13th so think 40 is big on Bubba

Mahan. Finished 6-6-15 the last 3 visits to Torrey Pines. 7 of his 8 cuts made here(never missed the cut) have had 7 Top 30's

Already spoke about Leonard so Mackenzies my last bet.

Since he regained his card from 6 events he has had 15th, 12th, 9th and 12th placed finishes. Field has more big guns but one for back to lay backers and 20/1 on Top 20 is decent value.

Small stakes this week again.

GL all.

Jaidee 40/1 in Qatar
    Cabrera Belo @33/1 and first round leader @40/1

Qatar:
    Single:Hanson
    Each way:
    Jaidee
    Wood
    Lawrie
    Fichardt
    Sullivan
    Hansen
    1st round leader Sullivan

Farmers:
    Bradley
    Mahan
    De Laet
    Dubuisson
    Leonard
    Stanley
    MacKenzie

Lots of long shots this week so won't be too upset if it falls flat on its arse.

i am tempted by Gonzalez for FRL in Qatar at 90.0 but i have quite a bit invested this week as is

decisions decisions

I'll be adding De Jonge and Graeme de Laet,expect the racing post might stick Walker in,he might be worth a tenner on the nose,he owes me nought.

only got 40/1 at the start,he's gone out to 66/1,shot 2 under on the easier course so need a great round tomorrow but I still fancy him to go close so another tenner on the nose it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭SnowDrifts

Planning slightly :D early but just wondering what people think in terms of Jason Day for the Masters? He is at 33-1 right now - do you think he will drift much before April? He was was around 55-1 last year.

Obviously if he has a win before then.. he will definitely shorten but otherwise would it be better to hold off and see if he drifts?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭jjll

SnowDrifts wrote: »
    Planning slightly :D early but just wondering what people think in terms of Jason Day for the Masters? He is at 33-1 right now - do you think he will drift much before April? He was was around 55-1 last year.

Obviously if he has a win before then.. he will definitely shorten but otherwise would it be better to hold off and see if he drifts?

don't think he will drift much might even come in if he plays well in next few tournaments

Now is the time to back Day. Get best price be it exchanges or whatever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭Jimmymcnulty86

Just put a fiver e/w on Delaet and Brendon's Todd, both 80/1. Delaet -2 nd Todd -3 after first round both could be in with a shout cum Sunday, Todd was last week aswel

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭idle

Backed Coetzee last year in Qatar after round 3. Was heading for a playoff until Chris Wood eagled the last.

Lumped on him yesterday. He struggled a bit today but did very well to birdie 17 & 18 to put himself in contention. Unfortunately there are a lot in contention!

Just put a fiver e/w on Delaet and Brendon's Todd, both 80/1. Delaet -2 nd Todd -3 after first round both could be in with a shout cum Sunday, Todd was last week aswel

I still think he has a chance here,needs to drive the ball better today though.
    Think the leaders might come back to them tonight so there's loads of value,deLaet,Howell3(because his only chance is posting a score early as I think he's no bottle)and Perez are the one's at big prices I like

was contemplating getting involved again today but tbh there is still anyone of 20 who could win it

was contemplating getting involved again today but tbh there is still anyone of 20 who could win it

changed my mind :o

needed some interest for the evening

• Registered Users Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭Smithwicks Man

changed my mind :o

needed some interest for the evening

On Day and Choi myself.. Small bets but got Choi at 90/1

On Day and Choi myself.. Small bets but got Choi at 90/1

good stuff, ya might wana provide a screenshot as I believe there is a rule regarding aftertiming though

its a great finish none the less

good stuff, ya might wana provide a screenshot as I believe there is a rule regarding aftertiming though

its a great finish none the less

http://gyazo.com/202bb317a123368b637eb5140ab277e1

Had €7 left in the account the other day and just threw it on them. Don't follow it closely enough to bet big on it but a very small bet at big odds makes it interesting

i must figure out that gyazo it seems much handier than imageshack

i must figure out that gyazo it seems much handier than imageshack

Ya just download the app, then click it and it goes into a marker-type thing and you just mark a rectangle on the page that you want screenshotted. Then it opens a link in your browser. Very handy.

Have a feeling Day and Choi will be pipped here at the end

• Advertisement

Ya just download the app, then click it and it goes into a marker-type thing and you just mark a rectangle on the page that you want screenshotted. Then it opens a link in your browser. Very handy.

Have a feeling Day and Choi will be pipped here at the end

am on stallings and perez but have a feeling Woodland is gona win it

Advertisement