Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Would you give yourself the flu for £3750?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

No
    Ah yeah, although proper flu is pretty awful. Still would for that money though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Yeah, I'd do it. It wouldnt be fun, but **** it, I've gone through glandular fever last year, if I get sick I might as well get something out of it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

Not for all the tea in China. The flu is an awful dose.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

No
    What happens if you have a good immune system, do you have to give the money back?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭Foxhound38

No
    Rekop dog wrote: »
    Ah yeah, although proper flu is pretty awful. Still would for that money though.

I haven't had the proper flu in years, but I remember it as being pretty much the worst thing imaginable

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Norfolk Enchants_

The money wouldn't be much good to you if the flu killed you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭shopaholic01

I've never had a proper flu so I probably could be tempted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 519 ✭✭✭thecatspjs

No
    Had it once. On the one hand, it was terrible ... but on the other hand £3750 would make me happy. I'd do it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Rasheed

Not a hope. I've had flu once in my life, it's horrific, wasn't right for about two months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

No
    Foxhound38 wrote: »
    I haven't had the proper flu in years, but I remember it as being pretty much the worst thing imaginable

I'm sure I could think of one or two worse things but yeah you'd be bed ridden for the guts of a week, and feeling lowsy for up to 3 weeks. The high temperature delerious nightmares/ profuse sweating is the worst part imo.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭Conmaicne Mara

I was sick before Christmas and am still not back to normal. First doctor I went to said I had acute bronchitis. Never had that before so when the tablets ran out and I still wasn't well I went to see a different doctor (first doctor was the only available, while second was locally available after the Christmas period). Second doctor reckoned I had flu.

Well if what I had was the proper flu then they can keep their £3750, and a lot more on top of it. No way, no thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,415 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

That's only €4570.88 they would have to round it up to at least the €5000 mark.

I'm a very healthy young(ish!) woman. The flu is unlikely to kill me. I'd have to go without Internet for a few days because when I have the flu I can hardly open my eyes or lift my head. But if I was getting a few grand at the end of it then I'd manage!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

only had proper flu once in my life, the only time I have literally collapsed onto the floor. took me twenty minutes to crawl up the stairs and into bed where I passed out. probably still would though, daddy needs a new pair of shoes.

I got swine flu there a few years back, confirmed in hospital but it wasnt as bad as that first one. sweated profusely and was apparently speaking in tongues in my semi conscious stupor

No
    I'm a very healthy young(ish!) woman. The flu is unlikely to kill me. I'd have to go without Internet for a few days because when I have the flu I can hardly open my eyes or lift my head. But if I was getting a few grand at the end of it then I'd manage!

It is some dose all the same...

I'm tempted but I know I'd probably be cursing myself for my insolance while I'm struck down with it

• Registered Users Posts: 9,027 ✭✭✭Ficheall

http://www.flucamp.com/testimonials

"An opportunity to meet new friends!" God yes.

-See her over there?
    -What? In the foetal position with snot dribbling out of her nose like a tap?
    -Yeah.
    -Yeah?
    -I'd do 'er.
    -Hm.
    -'cept I'd have to be on top, obviously...
    -Of course, mate. 'course.

It is some dose all the same...

I'm tempted but I know I'd probably be cursing myself for my insolance while I'm struck down with it

Aw yeh, you really do feel like this is it. This is how you're gonna leave this world. Like someone has sellotaped your eyes shut. Put your head in a vice grips while standing on your face with a 10 foot steal capped boot. Injected you with a paralysing but pain inducing drug, while squeezing tightly on your neck. You feel like someone has been pouring water over you all night but then you realise it's sweat. You can't eat and flat 7up is a struggle. You swear that if anyone ever says "I think I have flu" while supping on a lempsip at their desk, you'll punch them right in the fanny.

Still though. €4,000 :p

No
    Ficheall wrote: »
    http://www.flucamp.com/testimonials

"An opportunity to meet new friends!" God yes.

-See her over there?
    -What? In the foetal position with snot dribbling out of her nose like a tap?
    -Yeah.
    -Yeah?
    -I'd do 'er.
    -Hm.
    -'cept I'd have to be on top, obviously...
    -Of course, mate. 'course.

That made me laugh - well done sir! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

Though it comes and goes over a relatively short period, there can be subtle long-term repercussions from exposure to it, which may compromise your health to some degree in later life.

That's a fairly small payoff for taking such a gamble.

Yamanoto wrote: »
    Though it comes and goes over a relatively short period, there can be subtle long-term repercussions from exposure to it, which may compromise your health to some degree in later life.

That's a fairly small payoff for taking such a gamble.

Be graaaand.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭blaze1

No
    Depends, if its only a flu I'd would, but not a chance in hell if it was full blown man flu.

No
    Getting paid to be off work sure why not.

Get sick cert & still be paid from work, getting paid twice.

No
    Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    Getting paid to be off work sure why not.

Get sick cert & still be paid from work, getting paid twice.

Yeah, but the flu...

No
    Yeah, but the flu...

Be grand, takes a lot to ground me. Made of strong stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Peter Tork

No. Your health is your wealth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭Vito Corleone

Yes, most definitely.

Rekop dog wrote: »
    I'm sure I could think of one or two worse things but yeah you'd be bed ridden for the guts of a week, and feeling lowsy for up to 3 weeks. The high temperature delerious nightmares/ profuse sweating is the worst part imo.

Thats flu-lite. Proper flu has you in bed, insensible, aching all over, unable to walk unaided, drowning in your own mucus, and maybe even slightly incontinent. And you're too sick to care.

I had flu once, hopefully never again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Dacelonid

Would I infect myself with the flu for ~€4000? Yes, Absolutely. Have had the flu a few times including Swine Flu and while it was really really horrible I got over it.
    Would I sign up for a clinical trial to be infected with the flu and take whatever drugs they thought I had to take? No!! Had to take tamiflu when i had the swine flu, and the side effects of that were way worse than the flu I was suffering from

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,987 ✭✭✭Legs.Eleven

No
    Ehhh....without a doubt. I've had the proper flu once in my life and it was one of the worst months I've ever had but for that kinda cash, I'd go through it again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Murt10

Participation in our 'FluCamp' can give you the time and freedom to catch up on work and study?????

Must have been something much worse than the flu I had about 15 years ago. I thought I was going to die, and I couldn't have cared less.

As for worrying about work or study. It must be a really really mild dose of the flu that they give you.

Advertisement