Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Would you give yourself the flu for £3750?

Options
1235»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 Saggyjocks

When I first read the question I thought yeah course I would then I remembered when I actually had the real flu and done the maths and now I'm thinking hell no

I had it once about 6 years ago and spent 2 weeks in bed, completely worn to bits after it I got bad bronchitis so spent the guts of a month feeling like absolute sh1te that had been walked in, 3-4 weeks off work, boss doesn't cover sick pay, trip to the doctors and antibiotics for the bronchitis that followed so no, not for diamonds

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Whosthis

No
    Registered! I'll post an update if/when I hear anything from them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭Cogsy88

Wher do I sign up?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Reiketsu

I had the flu last year and it was absolutely horrendous. Left work early on a Monday as I felt it coming on and spent until Friday night/Saturday morning with a fever and in complete agony. Even drinking water was like swallowing razor blades. Once the fever finally broke it still took a week to feel normal. I went back to work after a week and the time I wasn't in work was spent in bed. I was exhausted.

But for that money I'd do it again as I have no money, even though I know I'd immediately regret it.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭FudgeBrownie

If I got a complimentary week off work then hell yes. Flu me up and test your potentially hazardous chemicals on my sweet body.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,693 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Not a chance. I had the flu when I was 16 and, while it's easy to forget how bad it is (brains are good at that), I distinctly recall thinking it wouldn't be so bad if I just dozed off and didn't wake up again. The flu is a rotten thing, there are much easier ways to make €4,000. Like just going to work.
    Most (not all) relatively healthy people should be able to shake off a bad flu in 3-4 weeks, max. If you can show me a job where I can earn over €4k for 4 weeks work, please show me. And don't say Senior Counsel, consultant, TD etc. I'm talking about your run of the mill everyday job.

blueser wrote: »
    Most (not all) relatively healthy people should be able to shake off a bad flu in 3-4 weeks, max. If you can show me a job where I can earn over €4k for 4 weeks work, please show me. And don't say Senior Counsel, consultant, TD etc. I'm talking about your run of the mill everyday job.

Depends on whether the 4k offered is taxable or not.

I got a nice side order of tonsillitis with my flu this time around (last time was a lung infection). 10 days of penicillin wooooooo \o/

Depends on whether the 4k offered is taxable or not.

I got a nice side order of tonsillitis with my flu this time around (last time was a lung infection). 10 days of penicillin wooooooo \o/
    Even if it is taxable (and it probably is), it's still way more than I earn. So my answer would still be a big ''yes''.

blueser wrote: »
    Even if it is taxable (and it probably is), it's still way more than I earn. So my answer would still be a big ''yes''.

Fair enough, there are plenty of jobs that earn 4k a month gross though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭percy212

Anyone who has ever had influenza proper wouldn't take any amount of money to go through it again. It can kill you if you are unlucky and as a poster above mentioned this money is being paid as compensation for taking UNTESTED drugs. No way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

No, I had swine flu a few years ago, I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy. A week in bed crying pathetically followed by 3 weeks of feeling like walking sh*t. 4k is not enough.

Fair enough, there are plenty of jobs that earn 4k a month gross though.
    Not down here in darkest Mayo. My gross is not that much more than half that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭nibtrix

I got it once and it was great.....I don't mean having it was great but it was the first time ever that I rang in sick and didn't have to put that voice on.:D

I got it from swimming in the Irish sea in the middle of summer probably for too long, swallowing some water and jesus it knocked me for six.

How did you get flu from swimming in the sea?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,063 ✭✭✭Kiwi in IE

No
    Hmmmm more than a months wage. The flu is unlikely to last for a month. Work/Flu pretty much two equal evils. Absolutely!

That is only thinking of myself though. If it were going to be transmitted to Little Kiwi too, then no way would I do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Wilfork

No
    I just signed up.:eek: I can spare 10-18 days over the summer to make £3750. How bad can the flu be!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭2 stroke

Why didn't I sign up? Dyjing with the flu for free isn't any fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

No
    Ill take 3 please

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

No
    Actually, I presume they would have to use a placebo control group so you might be in luck!

This thread should be moved to Bargain Alerts..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭yeahimhere

No
    Wilfork wrote: »
    I just signed up.:eek: I can spare 10-18 days over the summer to make £3750. How bad can the flu be!

Did you ring them? If so, what did they say?

I signed up (before I really thought about it to be honest!) I got an email back to give them a call but haven't yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

No
    You have to wonder why they're willing to fork out so much cash too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭yeahimhere

No
    Cydoniac wrote: »
    You have to wonder why they're willing to fork out so much cash too.

Watched that assuming he'd say it was torture! For him it seemed the boredom was the main issue. Is it a legit video?

Advertisement