Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Would you give yourself the flu for £3750?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,222 ✭✭✭keithclancy

Once they cure all the diseases then people will die from starvation and poor air quality.

Either that or another World War to cure the population problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,312 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Its a placebo.

They are giving you leprosy.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭olliesgirl55

No
    If the study came to Ireland Id be first in line.

smurgen wrote: »
    Antibiotics don't work on colds or flu.

Missed this first time around - I was only being facetious
    - incase anyone thinks I'm dosing myself up on antibiotics!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭Dancor

I'm suffering with flu since Monday and I only thought of this thread yesterday. Would I self inflict myself with the flu for a few bob? Not a ****ing chance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭eyeball kid

I take it all back. Karma got me and now I have flu and I'm getting no monies. I'm currently drugged up to my eyeballs which is why I can post for now but it won't last. It lures you into this false sense of security and then BAM you feel like you're about to die again.

I can't swallow. I'm absolutely soaking wet but if I take my duvet off I'll be freezing. I'm getting what feels like electric shocks all over me. Everything aches. My bones. My joints. My skin. It feels like someone is sitting on my chest and one side of my throat resembles the elephant man. Sudden movements make it feel like someone is trying to vacuum pack my brain. Yesterday I managed to eat a petit filous and have a hot whiskey. Light hurts my head and I can't stand up without feeling like I'm going to cry.

I'd rather be put down that given €4,000 right now >.<

Yeah, that sounds like flu alright. Sympathies to you. Its a nasty dose.
    Had it once and got pneumonia out of it. Not something I'd want to go through again, thank you very much.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭xabi

Dancor wrote: »
    I'm suffering with flu since Monday and I only thought of this thread yesterday. Would I self inflict myself with the flu for a few bob? Not a ****ing chance.

Cant be that bad of a flu if you're online.

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭thejaguar

No
    Booking my honeymoon at the moment. I'll take anything they want for ~€5k bump to the honeymoon fund.

xabi wrote: »
    Cant be that bad of a flu if you're online.

Ah it can be. If you have taken enough drugs. You get bouts of feeling like you *might* be ok. Right now I'm in bed. Lying in a pool of sweat. Afraid to move my head because of the pain (see vacuum pack description above). My legs are aching and don't work very well but if I stay in this position I'll be ok for a wee while, then the crying will begin again when the drugs begin to wear off but I can't take any more for another couple of hours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

Having had a dose of the flu so severe a few years ago that I would have gladly welcomed death in my front door and made him a cup of tea if he granted me a swift release from my unrelenting agony, I'd have to say....... I'd give it some serious thought. 4 grand like.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,172 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

No
    Would you have to declare it for income tax? Cos for €4,500 I'd do it in a heartbeat (I get paid sick leave from work and a few days of fever dreams and vomiting won't kill me) but I'd definitely give it more thought if I'm only going to see a bit over 2k afterwards!

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Corcs001

"Where you going on your holidays?"

"I'm gonna be in fluenza."

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭Ishmael

No
    Only cure for the flu is a good story!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭zcorpian88

No
    F**k I would, holiday this year would be sorted!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭Medusa22

I spent 6 weeks in hospital when I caught the flu last year so no, no thank you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Lightbulb Sun

They don't allow in people with skin or mental health conditions so you'd have to be clear of that as well as having good physical health.

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Greyfoot

Three legged offsprings within my genes? Fer lousy 4 grand? You alrite ye?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

No
    Yes, I'd definately prostitute myself for that kind of cash. I actually had man-flu 2 weeks ago. I'm 100% recovered but I still have an annoying chesty cough in the mornings.
    A better question would be what's the least amount of money you'd take the flu for?

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Wotsername

Aw yeh, you really do feel like this is it. This is how you're gonna leave this world. Like someone has sellotaped your eyes shut. Put your head in a vice grips while standing on your face with a 10 foot steal capped boot. Injected you with a paralysing but pain inducing drug, while squeezing tightly on your neck. You feel like someone has been pouring water over you all night but then you realise it's sweat. You can't eat and flat 7up is a struggle. You swear that if anyone ever says "I think I have flu" while supping on a lempsip at their desk, you'll punch them right in the fanny.

Still though. €4,000 :p

Thank you! I am sick to my hair follicles listening to 'a friend' telling me she has a "touch of the Flu" all the while yapping for hours on the phone, sticking the dinner on and nipping out to get some Lemsip. and telling me about it. YOU DO NOT NOW, NOR NEVER HAVE HAD THE FCUKING FLU!!!
    4K tho?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭bobwilliams

No
    Medusa22 wrote: »
    I spent 6 weeks in hospital when I caught the flu last year so no, no thank you.
    u made a real meal o' that didn't ya?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

Jaysus nearly 4 grand, I "know" a Fella who sold his passport to gangsters in europe for 3 grand in the 90's, easier than getting sick imo

21/25

• Registered Users Posts: 1,273 ✭✭✭Curry Addict

i would inject myself with heroin for 4k :cool:

No
    OMG, Give me the flu (& the money) this minute!!!!!

As long as someone comes and walks the dog for me......

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

I'll walk the dog for you. It'll cost you 4 grand though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

i would inject myself with heroin for 4k :cool:

Yeah but then you'd spend the 4 grand on more gear!

21/25

• Registered Users Posts: 10,693 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Do bears sh1t in the woods?
    Is water wet?
    Is the Pope a catholic?

Damn right, I would. Show me the money!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

No
    Hell yeah. The flu is nasty but it's bearable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,720 ✭✭✭Sir Arthur Daley

A quick squirt of uniflu and be on the ball again.

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Wotsername

WikiHow wrote: »
    A quick squirt of uniflu and be on the ball again.

Wouldn't that be 1,2 quick shots?:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Not a chance. I had the flu when I was 16 and, while it's easy to forget how bad it is (brains are good at that), I distinctly recall thinking it wouldn't be so bad if I just dozed off and didn't wake up again. The flu is a rotten thing, there are much easier ways to make €4,000. Like just going to work.

Advertisement