Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

More Tesco Bargains [No Off-Topic Chat - See Post #1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,087 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Picked up the avengers on bluray for €5 and the muppets on dvd for €2 tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

Picked up the avengers on bluray for €5 and the muppets on dvd for €2 tonight.

which store?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Soarer wrote: »
    Hey guys.
    Not gonna use this, so does any Cork Boardsie want it before I give it back?

I also got this Pure One Mi. Cost me €7.50. Bringing this back too in case anyone wants it.

They're both on the same receipt, so if the same person wanted both, it'd be handier.

I'll buy both from you- if you're willing to post them to Kildare (obviously I'd pay the postage too)?
    I know its inconvenient- but I'd be so grateful!
    Can Paypal you (or do an EFT).
    Pretty please?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Found this little gem- fiver for Dinosaur Train DVDs with 8 episodes per DVD.
    At the start it asks you 'UK' or 'EIRE'.
    If you choose 'EIRE' its dubbed in Irish.
    Not joking.
    Its really excellent for kids- especially, if like mine, you're trying to enroll them in a Gaelscoil.

Even if you have zero interest (or your kids have zero interest) in Dinosaur Train in Irish- you can play it in English- and 8 episodes for a fiver, is a steal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭bozharry

Found a gear4 street party speaker dock in tesco Portlaoise for 7.50. Sound is good for something so small, comes with case and remote.
    Didn't need it but couldn't pass it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,864 ✭✭✭Soarer

I'll buy both from you- if you're willing to post them to Kildare (obviously I'd pay the postage too)?
    I know its inconvenient- but I'd be so grateful!
    Can Paypal you (or do an EFT).
    Pretty please?

PM sent.

casio4 wrote: »
    which store?

Clearwater sorry forgot to add that.:o

Pablod wrote: »
    Tesco kildare.
    Nothing in big electrical items
    Loads of DVDS and games down to €2 and €5. As listed above in previous posts.
    Xbox 360 Fifa 12 a few 3ds games for €3

Few items below in crates in a cage
    Wreck it Ralph on blu-ray for €5
    Xbox 360 Golden Eye 007 for €1
    PS3 Battleship for €5 (picked this up still a few there)
    Then there was a load of TDK 4GB SD cards for €1 each (picked up a handful of these - still a few left)

Thanks managed to pick up a Wreck It Ralph on Bluray earlier on.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,864 ✭✭✭Soarer

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    Has anyone seen any rechargeable duracell batteries reduced? I tried one store but without the barcode I'd have no hope finding them

There are 2 different types that I picked up.

First ones are these Rechargeable Accu Supreme. These have the 4x on the bottom.
    Also these Rechargeable Accu Stay Charged. These have the 5x on them.

There was one pack of Rechargeable Accu. They had 3x on them. I gave them to the checkout girl 'cause she was looking for some rechargeable batteries and I felt guilty about clearing the shelves. Felt pure Wolf Of Wallstreet giving away 50c worth of batteries!:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭Janedoe10

In douglas around 3 today . There were 2 display bins inside the main entrance with lots of printer cartridges on sale and games n stuff but it looks like rubble so u do have to sift . Picked up TDK 4GB SD cards for €1 each (marked at 6.99)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭muincav

X-Box games in cavan at 1 euro along with some cheap ink at 50 cent...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭uli84

any headphones around Dublin? ...or those placemats, they have some sort of glitter, i know that's a silly item to look for but I really need them:/ and clearwater only had the red ones829%5C5053947378829%5CIDShot_225x225.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 29 little ol me

uli84 wrote: »
    any headphones around Dublin? ...or those placemats, they have some sort of glitter, i know that's a silly item to look for but I really need them:/ and clearwater only had the red ones829%5C5053947378829%5CIDShot_225x225.jpg

Drogheda Extra have them, if that's any use!

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭EDDIE WATERS

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭PinkFly

Drogheda Extra have them, if that's any use!

Did yiu see any ipods while you were there?

• Registered Users Posts: 21 noodles55

Seen a few ipods in kinnegad today if anyone still looking for them. They had them at the customer service desk

Anyone spot Fifa14 or Paper Mario for 3ds anywhere in Dublin, would love to pick up either or both.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Tremezzo13

Tremezzo13 wrote: »
    Many thanks,
    I will try there
    Sorry for delay in replying, was out all day. Tried Clearwater, Clarehall and Artaine Castle early this morning --nothing. I was a day too late. Thanks anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Tremezzo13

Thanks for info.
    Unfortunately, Kinnegad is too far away.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭wil

Donedrum today (sick) my fourth Tesco this week:o
    not much considering the size of the store and the tonnes of dosh surrounding.
    A shelf of krap, a display shelf of video games and a large basket of DVDs

PS3, xbox360 and nintendoDS games a small few bargains, large quantity of MW3 and GOW3 mostly €5, some €2 FIFA 2013 and PES2012, various others between 1 and 10
    DVDs a few Disney, a mix of other older titles between 2 and €5, the usual bargain bin stuff, one or 2 of interest, small number of bluerays

very few genuine bargains, mostly just junk stuff being cleared out that wasn't even on the shelves recently. Looks like it was dredged from a warehouse and distributed to the bargain bins all round the country

No electrical and no batteries to be seen, all the battery shelf stock is the new range.

Duracell seem to do a refresh of their range every so often and when the discontinued stuff is cleared - that's where you get some real bargains.
    TBH the amount of electrical stuff that seems to sit on ghost aisles in Te$cos, I'm surprised they don't clear out more of it - you rarely see anyone getting TVs or sound systems etc unless they come off a promotion lot of stock brought in for that sale. The core retail stock seems to just sit on the shelves for several months or more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,016 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭EDDIE WATERS

Esel wrote: »
    Eh.... which Tesco?

Sorry the one in Cabra there was only one that I seen

• Registered Users Posts: 1,486 ✭✭✭dowtchaboy

In TESCO Douglas at 11pm Last night(Sat).

There were 3 Sony XDR-DS12iP DAB/DAB+ FM Speaker Dock for iPod iPhone etc, on the shelf. No price marked but came up at €25 on the scanner.
    Pretty sure these were not there a couple of days ago.
    They are on the shelf to the left of the "warehouse" doors at the back wall upstairs.

The smaller Sony purely speaker docks are €100!
    Nothing else apart from some total crap mainly obscure ink cartridges in bins.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭brimal

I got someone to pick up a 7th generation iPod nano (purple) yesterday in Wexford store for €50

It had the yellow sticker on it and was in a bargain bucket/basket of some sort.

There is one more available in there for that price as of yesterday evening (kind of red colour).

Absolute bargain, they sell for €150+ everywhere else.

Thanks for the heads up guys :)

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭WHL

dowtchaboy wrote: »
    In TESCO Douglas at 11pm Last night(Sat).

There were 3 Sony XDR-DS12iP DAB/DAB+ FM Speaker Dock for iPod iPhone etc, on the shelf. No price marked but came up at €25 on the scanner.
    Pretty sure these were not there a couple of days ago.
    They are on the shelf to the left of the "warehouse" doors at the back wall upstairs.

The smaller Sony purely speaker docks are €100!
    Nothing else apart from some total crap mainly obscure ink cartridges in bins.

I picked up one of those in Douglas last Wednesday for that €25 price. Good deal

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭vickers209

noodles55 wrote: »
    Seen a few ipods in kinnegad today if anyone still looking for them. They had them at the customer service desk

25 or 50 euro ones?

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭bagels

Not sure if this is a bargain but in Oranmore there's 5 or 6 Krups Dolce Gusto (?) pod coffee machines marked at €42

Thanks for posting.
    Did you see any €5 or €10 set top boxes there?
    I need a couple of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,806 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

TBH I only saw them passing, I was after food ! It's not a great shop for electricals usually.

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭uli84

Sorry the one in Cabra there was only one that I seen

any headphones in there? actually, forget it, hate that Tesco as it doesn't have a price checker:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

Philips blu ray BDP2900 25€

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement