Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

More Tesco Bargains [No Off-Topic Chat - See Post #1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,806 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Not sure if this is a bargain but in Oranmore there's 5 or 6 Krups Dolce Gusto (?) pod coffee machines marked at €42

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Woodpecker1

Just on the staff purchasing item - Tesco staff are not allowed purchase any item whilst on duty, they are not even allowed to carry a Club Card on the shop floor.

This I know from having overheard a fairly heated discussion between a customer and a manager in Ashbourne a few weeks ago.

That said, we all know it happens.

Rubbish . We work in Tesco, not a concentration camp.

We have as much right to purchase anything on the the shop floor as anyone. During our breaks, before or after our shifts.
    I would have issue over staff bulk buying, but that does not happen .
    We don't get bonuses or rewards for our hard work over xmas so if one or two of us manage to get a cheap telly or a cheap Ipod for personal use, then well for them.
    I often point out these deals to regular customers who shop with us every week and let them snap them up as most employees have TVs in there homes. People who never shop with us and come in with a list of discounted items for me to spend half the day searching back stock, will be waiting a long time for a response . And guess what that will be.
    These are my own opinions and not that of the Tesco.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

I don't really mind Tesco staff getting the stuff that has been reduced to clear.
    As long as its done away from customer eyes, off the shop floor.

When I used to work in retail we weren't allowed to buy the limited special purchase items for sales until a couple days after.

But stock that is reduced to clear is fair game imo. I doubt Tesco staff get many perks.

EDIT: as reflected in the above post.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,014 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Guys, no more talk about staff taking deals or not taking desks, this thread is not for that. If you have an issue with how tesco operate either complain to them or go to the consumer issues forum.

Any more talk about, for or against, staff purchasing habits will be a week ban. Keep this thread on topic please

• Registered Users Posts: 2,245 ✭✭✭donnacha

2GB clip on Samsung F3 digital audio players reduced to €14, Tesco stillorgan, took 1, 3 left on shelf for the rest of ye.

• Advertisement

donnacha wrote: »
    2GB clip on Samsung F3 digital audio players reduced to €14, Tesco stillorgan, took 1, 3 left on shelf for the rest of ye.

They also have 50c duracell AAA.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Wii games for €5. Zelda Skyward Sword, Just Dance 2 & 3, Ben 10, Wreck it Ralph

3ds games for €5. Paper Mario, Adventure time, fifa 14, Moshi monsters

Also lots of the greatest hits cds gone to €2. Guns n roses, Madonna, Springsteen, Elvis etc.

Soarer wrote: »
    1 x Pure One Classic Series II left in Mahon Point reduced to €15.
    This one.

On the shelves on the right as you walk in.

2 in stillorgan, unfortunately scanning at €90

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭nairy hipples

ShaneU wrote: »

Also lots of the greatest hits cds gone to €2. Guns n roses, Madonna, Springsteen, Elvis etc.

What store was this in? Would love to get Zelda on the cheap!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭vickers209

Anyone around Gorey? the old shop is closing today at 6pm new shop opening on Monday morning,
    might be a few bargains told that the meat and that would have to be sold off as it more than likely wouldn't be shipped to new shop

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭zoeybelle

Anyone see any of those cheap laptops anywhere around the dublin area?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

ShaneU wrote: »

Where's this?

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭on_my_oe

zoeybelle wrote: »
    Anyone see any of those cheap laptops anywhere around the dublin area?

We got a acer inspire 5773z from Clearwater but it was the only one there (at the time)

There was a leveno think pad €200 and a compaq NetBook for €200. Both in the glass cabinet near the stairs/ talk tech section

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭galldar

on_my_oe wrote: »
    We got a acer inspire 5773z from Clearwater but it was the only one there (at the time)

There was a leveno think pad €200 and a compaq NetBook for €200. Both in the glass cabinet near the stairs/ talk tech section

When I was there the cabinet had been moved, was in front of the tablet/phone section. The guy was taking anything that was left in it (XBOX 360, tablet stuff) out into crates and brought it out to stores area. Best to ask about the laptops, as I doubt there's anything left out on display.

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭Pablod

Tesco kildare.
    Nothing in big electrical items
    Loads of DVDS and games down to €2 and €5. As listed above in previous posts.
    Xbox 360 Fifa 12 a few 3ds games for €3

Few items below in crates in a cage
    Wreck it Ralph on blu-ray for €5
    Xbox 360 Golden Eye 007 for €1
    PS3 Battleship for €5 (picked this up still a few there)
    Then there was a load of TDK 4GB SD cards for €1 each (picked up a handful of these - still a few left)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,080 ✭✭✭JAMES VTI S

Got myself 2 x Samsung LE32EH4000 sets.

Tt4DMS6.jpg

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,927 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

All 50 quid TV's gone from Douglas.
    They have a 32 Sony @ 150 and a 32 Toshiba @ 175.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭saralou2011

I got a Phillips bluray dvd player for €25 castlebar today . There was 2 left on the shelf.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

LG 3D Bluray and multimedia players- supposedly were 150, down to 50.
    At least 8 on the shelf (Maynooth).
    Not all have a 50 sticker on them- most of them marked @ 100, but scanning @ 50.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,353 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

Just returned back from Clearwater. The glass cabinet is gone. I doubt there will be anymore of the ipod's or laptop's there.

Got a headphone though.

Sony MDR-ZX600. Found it in the bargain row (wide kind of row). Sticker on it was for €25. Checked the Amazon price which is around €50.
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-Fashion-Over-Ear-Headphones-Smartphone/dp/B007I1R0EI/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1390071892&sr=8-2&keywords=sony+mdr-zx600

So it looked like a half price bargain. Decided to take it. When I went to pay it only scanned for €6 :D:D Delighted!!!

When the Tesco guy who was taking off the security tag off, saw the price of it he wasnt really impressed with me :)

After paying I tried to see if there's more of it. Couldn't find anymore anywhere. It may still be there in other stores. Keep an eye on it guys.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

coldfire1x wrote: »
    When the Tesco guy who was taking off the security tag off, saw the price of it he wasnt really impressed with me :)

That's his own option. I say it was marked down and then marked down futher without the sticker.

Need to cover myself here. Some store in Galway created a bit of **** storm for been absolute morons of the highest order.

Any information I have posted in this thread before or after this post has solely been expressed on my own account/accord and is not expressed any part by Tesco. Processes I express on here are my own account of what I think may happen and are not expressed processes on behalf of Tesco. This includes all my posts on here and on the site, you are taking my information as customer of Tesco and is not official Tesco information.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

why are they getting rid of all this stock anyhow?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

sweetie wrote: »
    why are they getting rid of all this stock anyhow?

Old lines, old generations and just generally clearing space in the in store warehouse and distribution centers warehouse.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,864 ✭✭✭Soarer

1 x Pure One Classic Series II left in Mahon Point reduced to €15.
    This one.

On the shelves on the right as you walk in.

Hey guys.
    Not gonna use this, so does any Cork Boardsie want it before I give it back?

I also got this Pure One Mi. Cost me €7.50. Bringing this back too in case anyone wants it.

They're both on the same receipt, so if the same person wanted both, it'd be handier.

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭It BeeMee

Roscrea
    Panasonic 3D Bluray DMP-BDT120
    Marked as 60, scanned at 25
    Got the last one, but some other Panasonics marked and scanning at 50 - not 3D though
    Same item might come up for someone elsewhere.

289419.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭galldar

Morning all.

For Cork Boardies, Douglas and Mahon Point are selling off the display models of the cheap tvs. Got myself 2 x Samsung LE32EH4000 sets. They're scanning at €50. Douglas sold at €50, but the manager in Mahon Point* gave it to me for €40 'cause it was display! Neither came with a remote or stand.

Your living room must look like Nasa Mission Control!

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭liamnojo92

Lots of cheap DVDs and Blu-rays in Castlebar saw loads of Disney, mad men seasons €2 picked up GoTseason 2 bluray for €5 and top of the lake €2.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,864 ✭✭✭Soarer

galldar wrote: »
    Your living room must look like Nasa Mission Control!

I wish!

One Sammy is going into the bedroom (yup, I'm married!) and giving the other Sammy to the brother-in-law as a present.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,268 ✭✭✭dinorebel

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Has anyone seen any rechargeable duracell batteries reduced? I tried one store but without the barcode I'd have no hope finding them

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement