Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liebherr thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Axel Lamp

I hope they realise that Siptu won't help them when they are looking for a job.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

WikiHow wrote: »
    Is it looking grim now?

The SIPTU workers have rejected the deal that was on the table. Now were just waiting for Liebherr to announce if there going to close the Killarney plant.

Well done lads. Ye can be proud of your achievement!

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭listrybabe

The SIPTU workers have rejected the deal that was on the table. Now were just waiting for Liebherr to announce if there going to close the Killarney plant.

Well done lads. Ye can be proud of your achievement!

As usual you have no idea what you are talking about.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭pickled101

If the company closes the factory in Killarney and 750 staff lose their jobs over a 2.5% pay increase that the Union is fighting for how many Union staff will be out of a job ZERO.

When every other company is reducing pay and fighting for survival

The siptu union members should do a quick qoogle search and see how many jobs are available in Kerry and ask to vote again.

What about the other 450 members of staff, do they get a say?

listrybabe wrote: »
    As usual you have no idea what you are talking about.

Please enlighten us then as to what the real situation then is

• Advertisement

Without getting into the rights and wrongs of it, without criticising or praising either side, if Liebherr do pull out may I be the first to say "Goodnight Killarney, and God Bless, ye had a good innings".

Axel Lamp wrote: »

Almost 700 workers

260 In siptu

160 voted against the deal.

So 160 are on the verge of closing the factory. Not to mention all the sub contractors and suppliers!

When I finish work ( at liebherr ) I will.
    What I will say is that their is at this moment or in the foreseeable future not a chance of this company closing or indeed outsourcing work to Germany or anywhere else. And maybe Ye drama queens should look into the 11 point plan the company are trying to enforce which would have dire consequences on the workers life's and families. And would also cost a lot more to the workers than the 2.5% ( 38cent per hour) being offered in conjunction with the 11 point plan being implemented.

What I will say is that their is at this moment or in the foreseeable future not a chance of this company closing or indeed outsourcing work to Germany or anywhere else. And maybe Ye drama queens should look into the 11 point plan the company are trying to enforce which would have dire consequences on the workers life's and families. And would also cost a lot more to the workers than the 2.5% ( 38cent per hour) being offered in conjunction with the 11 point plan being implemented.

What is the 11 point plan? I asked earlier in this thread

• Registered Users Posts: 10 666o666

yeah. can any of you antagonists who are against union members voting for there own rights please tell me what the 11 point plan iS... probably not.
    just scared of the company......

• Advertisement

What is the 11 point plan? I asked earlier in this thread

And you are ???

And you are ???

Anonymous, just like you 'Listrybabe'.

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭codie

I have to say this makes sad reading.People on the outside that don't know anything about the situation making predictions and so on.Bad stories travel fast and guaranteed somewhere there is a joker or 2 putting out rumours and they spread like wildfire.Companies do manipulate the recession thing but on the other hand SIPTU and unions I wouldn't trust.Just hope the whole thing is resolved without any job losses.There is nothing out there.Trust me.

codie wrote: »
    I have to say this makes sad reading.People on the outside that don't know anything about the situation making predictions and so on.Bad stories travel fast and guaranteed somewhere there is a joker or 2 putting out rumours and they spread like wildfire.Companies do manipulate the recession thing but on the other hand SIPTU and unions I wouldn't trust.Just hope the whole thing is resolved without any job losses.There is nothing out there.Trust me.

I agree, I would just like to know what the company want in return for a backdated payrise. Maybe the strike is valid and justifiable, I'd just like to know what the 11 point plan is.

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭littlesthobo

Interesting discussion on this on the Pat Kenny show. Seems incredible that 160 (a minority) of workers (670 employed directly) can hold the rest to ransom. It was mentioned that the company has been moving equipment out of the plant since last November and that the writing was on the wall after the way the vote went.
    The labour court made a reccomendation that was rejected and from the outside looking in it seems that the siptu workers are bieng unreasonable.

Anonymous, just like you 'Listrybabe'.

I am an employee of liebherr that knows what is going on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

I am an employee of liebherr that knows what is going on.

Why don't you tell us what this 11 point plan is then?

Don't forget people that when the labour court recommendations were announced that the company was not happy and threatened to pull out of killarney because of said recommendations and now that the siptu members have voted against the same recommendations every one is in uproar!!!! Go figure !

Almost 700 workers

260 In siptu

160 voted against the deal.

So 160 are on the verge of closing the factory. Not to mention all the sub contractors and suppliers!

We will assume your figures are correct then why don't the other 440 workers join siptu and vote against union to save their jobs only costs 4.70 per week. Problem solved. What you think ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭shoutman

We will assume your figures are correct then why don't the other 440 workers join siptu and vote against union to save their jobs only costs 4.70 per week. Problem solved. What you think ?

Why does it seem like you are avoiding posting this 11 point plan?

Maybe it's the way the media is painting it, but from the outside it looks like the SIPTU members are being unreasonable here. You aren't exactly helping the cause by not posting what the company has put forward in this 11 point plan.

You have just posted real "political" answers saying about how bad the 11 point plan is without actually pointing out what is bad about it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

600 a week or 188 a week?

shoutman wrote: »
    Why does it seem like you are avoiding posting this 11 point plan?

Maybe it's the way the media is painting it, but from the outside it looks like the SIPTU members are being unreasonable here. You aren't exactly helping the cause by not posting what the company has put forward in this 11 point plan.

You have just posted real "political" answers saying about how bad the 11 point plan is without actually pointing out what is bad about it!

If you were following the thread you would have seen that I will do so when I Finnish work.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭slavetothegrind

from the outside looking in it would seem pretty poor value for money even at 4.70 a week to not be able to resolve an issue in 4 years.
    Even poorer value when you realise that all of the media spin is on how unreasonable the workers are.

I don't know the truth here but surely the union could come out with a better PR strategy than we want more money with wages there already pretty damn good by todays standards!

On a purely human note i hope it is resolved and no jobs are lost.

Unless you are very near to the decision making process in the Liebherr Company, then no matter how much you insist you know...you don't.

You are making a guess. Granted, you may feel you have more facts than others, and you may be comfortable with the assertion that any suggestion they will leave is nonsense...but again it's still only a hunch by you.

Since the company opened in Killarney, how many other times have they threatened to move? If none or rarely, I would have thought that alone makes it notable for all your dismissal of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,720 ✭✭✭Sir Arthur Daley

A statement on the vote is expected from SIPTU today, has anyone came across this statement yet?

If you were following the thread you would have seen that I will do so when I Finnish work.

Have you managed to find this elusive 11 point plan yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Clab mor

Soooooo you were on boards.ie whilst you were at work at Liebherr......... Case closed..... Handy Number....... Be glad of what you had!!!!

I don't think this "11 point plan" exists really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

can someone answer me this...is there a chance liebherr will close down?

• Advertisement

can someone answer me this...is there a chance liebherr will close down?
    If we had the "11 point plan" we could answer that.

Advertisement