Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New home sale in Belmont, Stepaside, Dublin 18

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Jolisa94

Hi Chakan, I kept the price list from the first launch in August, so here you go:

Avoca (2bed) 265 - 270
    Powerscourt (3 bed) 335 - 345
    Laragh (4 bed with garage) 365 (this was redesigned in phase 2 and is now a 3 bed, which was selling for 355)
    Glencullen (4 bed) 370 - 395

Prices did go up slightly in the subsequent launches, but not dramatically, I think by the end all the Powerscourts were 345 and, of course, the new 4 bed was added at 395. The double fronted house I'm not sure, it wasn't on offer in the first phase, but I think it was around 425.

As regards how many people have signed, we haven't, and I know of another family who haven't signed yet either, with Lilian and Nakom that makes at least 4, and probably a lot more, given that we only got our contract the week before Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Shedzafew

Hi Nakom,

I think Shedzafew must be talking about phase one buyers. Maybe bully tactics were employed before this thread kicked off but I don't think they're trying anything like that now. Thank god for boards.ie, otherwise We'd all have zero transparency on this.
    I take everything agents say with a pinch of salt in general.

Family member bought in phase 2 and was told that it was only them and another party (out of everyone who had put deposits down in phase 2) left to sign. They signed a few weeks ago as both them and their solicitor were happy to proceed. The only reason I brought this up was that for the phase 3 advertsing they claim to have sold 70 homes since August. http://www.myhome.ie/residential/brochure/belmont-4-bed-homes-stepaside-dublin-18/2698664

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Jared20130204

Hi Shedzafew,

I have not signed either and I am phase 2 so along with Jolisa94's post above that is 5 people today that haven't, so like I said earlier I would take the agents advice with a pinch of salt....It's so misleading when agents do that to put pressure on people and completely unfair.
    How annoying..Anyway threads like these keep things clear. Good luck with phase 3. Hope all the issues are ironed out by then and it goes smoothly for you!

• Registered Users Posts: 47 trveller72

Hi Chakan,

The properties sold are now available to view on propertypriceregister.ie...Just agree to terms on RHS of home page and search belmont stepaside. THere are about 9 up so far.

Hi other Phase 2 people,

The vendors solicitor has come back saying they are awaiting more info. on queries regarding title deeds. All seems to be in "mapping" phase on land registry, which may mean We'll all get clean title on the re-issued contracts. Fingers crossed!
    Great re. the Electricity being brought into the house..that was another question my solicitor had. On 10% purchase price deposit... they seem to want that paid directly to the developer, which is unusual. Normally it's held in trust with vendors solicitor until closing.
    Did anyone else come across that issue?

Hi Jared,
    I put down €5000 deposit for Phase 3.

I also noticed this issue on the contract plus a few more:
    - 4 years completion period!!!
    - clause related to loan approval was removed
    - the plans I received are different from the plans I got from Sherry Fitz, etc.
    The contract I received looks like a joke to me (markups and stroked out words, etc.), but I am not a solicitor so I can't say more about this.
    All these issues, though, are minor compared to the title issue:
    - they do not own (yet) the land that they are selling.
    Until this issue is solved my solicitor advised me not to sign.

Hope this helps and thank all of you for keeping this thread updated.

Hi trveller72,

Sounds like you got a copy of original contract I got.... However they came back with answers to those issues as follows:
    -They came back reducing 4 yr completion to 3 mths.
    -The plans were revised to match what I had looked at and put deposit down for.
    -THey inserted a subject to loan condition,

On the title issue, they are trying to expedite this and will revert on that point...which is the most important one as you know.
    I think the majority of solicitors are advising not to sign until the title deed issue is sorted. It's down to the land registry speeding this along I think!

In fairness to the vendors solicitor they cleaned up alot of the issues when queried by my solicitor....

We shall see what happens. I'll keep you posted on any news I receive.

• Advertisement

We have the same issues on our contract:

48 month period for completion

Subject to loan approval clause crossed out

Wrong floor plans

As to the title issues, in the special conditions section, there is a lot of 'the employer shall not raise further objection, requisition or enquiry' in relation the the deeds of transfer. Not at all comfortable with this.

Finally, there is nothing in the 'document schedule' section, book of title, deed of transfer draft, homebond & BER cert - not sure if they should be there at this stage or not.

Going back to the solicitor with our comments tomorrow - have we missed anything?

Whole thing does not inspire confidence, but we are committed now!

Jolisa if you have only paid your 5k deposit you can walk away from it and get your money back as it is refundable up until the 10% is paid upon signing of the contracts

I know, but we think it's worth pursuing and don't plan to step down unless we have no choice.

We are not in any hurry and it will take as long as it needs to take, just want to be sure everything is in order to avoid any issues in the future.

I know others have completed and some have already moved in, so I'm sure we'll get there too in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 chakan

Hi Jolisa, thanks for this info. We were looking at the Powerscourt and the Laragh so this info is really helpful. I hope everything gets sorted for phase 3, especially with the Title Deeds issues. Good luck to everyone who has put a deposit down. I trust the other contract issues get resolved in due course.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 9 M2014

Hi Jared20130204,

We are phase 2 also and have not yet signed either...so make that 6..

• Advertisement

Hi,

Talking to my solicitor yesterday re all this lying to get people to sign and he said that he's seen it before. He reckons vendor solicitors won't want to cancel contracts as they've done so much work so far so only people that actually are under pressure are the agents...unfortunately they are are only contact...so I am hanging tough and letting solicitors do their jobs....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭Enduro

Make that 7 not signed for phase 2.

Stopped talking to SF a while ago, now going directly to the builder for queries regarding progress on completion.

SF had said the first houses in phase 2 would be ready the first week of Jan, clearly they haven't been anywhere near the site .....

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Lillian123

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for all the updates on this thread. You can add us to the list as not having signed yet, so that makes 7! We only received contracts very recently so still need to check issues etc. We have been advised that our house in phase 2 will be ready in April.

I hope these issues with the contracts are ironed out very soon.

For the people who have moved in, can you tell us did the house come with carpet and/or tiles etc?

Looking at the property price register, the prices seem to be quite varying for similar type of properties, has anyone looked at this?

Hi Lilian,

Tiling:
    checked this with the builder the other day, they are providing tiling in the kitchen, hallway and bathrooms (floor only in the downstairs one) rest is up to the buyer.

Prices:
    These varied according to the position and orientation of the house, I found the October price list at home, if I remember to bring them into work with me tomorrow I'll scan both that and the August one and upload to this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 x_Dave_Gels

hi, have booked in phase 1 but not yet closed; bit concerned about the quality of the building and snag work. Did anyone experienced any issues with cracks appearing in door areas , first floor or ceiling ? is sufficient power plugs , data points available to both floors ?

Hi all,

as promised, here are the price lists from August and October.

It will be intersting to see how the prices look for the upcoming launch of phase 3 ...

• Registered Users Posts: 9 M2014

Hi x_Dave_Gels,

Have you had the above defects checked by your surveyor? Has anyone else noticed such defects as highlighted by x_Dave_Gels above?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Raymond1234

Just wondering if purchasers are aware that there will be an annual management fee of €300-600 depending on size of property purchased. sherry fitz had mentioned it would only be €100 annually....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭Enduro

Hi Raymond, that's a very interesting piece of information. Do you have a source for that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Raymond1234

Enduro wrote: »
    Hi Raymond, that's a very interesting piece of information. Do you have a source for that?

My solicitor said its in the contract as a provisional budget. The €100 is only an initial contribution. The annual fee is subject to change and will be in the 300-600 range. Very disappointing given SF said it would be €100 max.

Jolisa94 wrote: »
    Hi all,

as promised, here are the price lists from August and October.

It will be intersting to see how the prices look for the upcoming launch of phase 3 ...

Thanks for this list.

I could see belmont properties are on property register but most of the houses are gone less than 30-40 K euros especially 2 and 3 bed rooms.

The 30-40k difference is the 13.5% VAT. I'm pretty sure all homes have got the asking price to date

Shedzafew wrote: »
    The 30-40k difference is the 13.5% VAT. I'm pretty sure all homes have got the asking price to date

Oh, i see, did not realise that. Thanks for letting me know.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 camo

Anyone actually manage to get UPC in? I'm having no end of trouble trying to get them to send someone out.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭nakom

My solicitor said its in the contract as a provisional budget. The €100 is only an initial contribution. The annual fee is subject to change and will be in the 300-600 range. Very disappointing given SF said it would be €100 max.
    Hi Raymond,
    There's going to be a park within belmont development and someone has to take care of it so the 300/600 range was to be expected

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭nakom

camo wrote: »
    Anyone actually manage to get UPC in? I'm having no end of trouble trying to get them to send someone out.
    Hi Camo,

which services will you get? AFAIK only TV is available, do you know if anything else is available?

Proposed traveller site on Enniskerry Road, saw this article today, anybody know about it?

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/politics/traveller-sites-for-some-of-dublins-wealthiest-areas-29915160.html

The site has been earmarked for years, didn't know they are actually going ahead with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Lillian123

Hi Jolisa,

Thanks for the information regarding the tiling etc. I just can't believe that about the halting site which will be very near the Belmont development, does anyone have exact google maps co-ordinates so we can see where the site is, that sort of changes things for us and is a real disappointment, what do you think? You could have anti-social behaviour and if you have children walking to school etc.

Also I am very annoyed about that maintenance charge of between €300-€600, SF never mentioned this and said it was a low fee of only €100 per house, never said it was based on sq.m. That is another cost we would have to factor in as it would be approx €42 per month for our style house. Over 35 years that is €17,500, which is less money you will have to pay off the mortgage and that will be subject to increase which we will have little control over.

Does anyone feel like this development is looking less and less favourable as the days go on??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

The halting site will be in the big bank of land that is to the right as you enter Aiken Village/Belmont, it's up towards Park View and the entrance to Rosemont, if you use Google Street view along Enniskerry Road you will see a sign for where the site will be. Plans may have changed in recent years but I believe the rest of that land bank was designated for Social and Affordable housing.

Maintenance of ~600 is pricy imo for a house seeing as you will still be paying for Bins and insurance yourself. I currently pay 800 for an apartment as a point of reference, houses in my development pay about 350.

I also fully believe there is going to be a lot of issues with parking in the development. When I was looking at it the roads seemed very narrow and all it will take is a few extra cars with nowhere to park to cause obstructions, allowing for two cars spaces in a 3/4 bed house isn't enough imo, unless they have some overflow spaces planned that I didn't see.

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

Advertisement