Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

More Tesco Bargains [No Off-Topic Chat - See Post #1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Lillibeth

bodhi085 wrote: »
    Are you taking the tickets out and scanning yourself or getting assistants to do it. Which tescos was this?

Just bringing the item to the instore price scanner and hope for the best!

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭SpaceRocket

Went to the greystones Tesco today, asked for the handheld scanner so that I could see what was reduced as there was not one single yellow reduced tag on anything in the electrical department, two different members of staff very smartly told us that no such thing exists, although I remember using one there before. So, as nothing was marked as reduced, we decided to get a trolley and put every brand of blue ray player (there were about 6) they had into it. The only one reduced was the Toshiba without wifi, so got that for 35 (it was the last one and priced at 99 on the shelf iirc). Grabbed one of the buffalo 2tb and it scanned at around 30 but box was empty and had no barcode so went to customer care with the shelf stub, your man there was all huffy that we had taken the stub off the shelf(how dare we!), and he said there were none in stock as they were only supplied with two.... hmmm... anyway, returned the stub to the shelf and left. They're all aware of what's going on and I got the feeling were unamused at us trying to fetch a bargain or two. Never had problems with Tesco staff before today. Happy we managed to bag the blue ray player at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭TomasMan

Got Duracell quick charger with 2xAA and 2xAAA batteries in Clare Hall for 5 euro. There was few left.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Kildare2005

No luck here ehh this blu ray player not work:-( no power at all on it

• Registered Users Posts: 44 alliemac

I got a buffalo 320gb hard drive for €6 today. It's mad I just took All the hd's I could find and scanned them all

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭jantheman91

alliemac wrote: »
    I got a buffalo 320gb hard drive for €6 today. It's mad I just took All the hd's I could find and scanned them all

That is insane.

Good find.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭bargainbucket

Can people post what stores they find bargains in thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Picked up a BT 720 Twin set phones for €10 yesterday.

Today got a few 16Gb memory sticks for €10 each and a few packs of AAA Duracells for €1 each. TV display basically cleared out. Cheap HDDs gone as well. All remaining scanning @ full price.

Tonight there was....
    3 or 4 Toshiba wifi enabled Bluray players @ €50
    5 Philips and 4 Samsung 3D Bluray players @ €40
    Mio Sat Nav @ €20
    Various Samsung Cameras @ €49
    Apple iPod Nana (Blue) @ €80
    Various SD cards from €3 - €10
    A few other bits & bobs like phone covers and chargers.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,824 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Where?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭deise08

Not advertised but 20% off Itunes cards.
    Only discovered when I an bought one yesterday.
    not as major as all the blu rays and hard drives but still an offer :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭uli84

kaizersoze wrote: »
    Picked up a BT 720 Twin set phones for €10 yesterday.

Today got a few 16Gb memory sticks for €10 each and a few packs of AAA Duracells for €1 each. TV display basically cleared out. Cheap HDDs gone as well. All remaining scanning @ full price.

Tonight there was....
    3 or 4 Toshiba wifi enabled Bluray players @ €50
    5 Philips and 4 Samsung 3D Bluray players @ €40
    Mio Sat Nav @ €20
    Various Samsung Cameras @ €49
    Apple iPod Nana (Blue) @ €80
    Various SD cards from €3 - €10
    A few other bits & bobs like phone covers and chargers.

Where? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

big black bold text in the title saying Ballinasloe

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭amber2

They may be on the mobile site as post titles don't show on the mobile site.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭uli84

Yeh, was on mobile, sorry:)

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Fries-With-That

Apologies if its been posted before. I picked up up a few camping gas cylinders (small blue) in Tesco Nenagh for 75cent reduced from €6.00

• Registered Users Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Rashers72

Apologies if its been posted before. I picked up up a few camping gas cylinders (small blue) in Tesco Nenagh for 75cent reduced from €6.00
    If anyone spots these elsewhere, let me know, especially Dublin based. Used by scouts a lot. Bought some in Halfords Newry recently for gbp4 each.
    Don't know why they are so cheap in Tesco.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭deegs

Picked up http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B006UCHLHW/ref=redir_mdp_mobile?ref_=cm_cr_pr_product_top in tesco Middleton just now for 45euro... good price judging by camel camel camel. 5 stars on Amazon to boot :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,546 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Lillibeth wrote: »
    Just bringing the item to the instore price scanner and hope for the best!

That would be nice if the store had a scanner but mine doesn't .
    It has to be the worst Tesco store in Ireland ,never any deals.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭little man disorder

Update been around Tesco's stores in Waterford there is some 4gb and 8gb SD cards in nearly all Tesco's in Waterford for 9/10 euro but none of the 32gb are on sale at least the ones I scanned which was just about all of them.
    No Dell laptops in any store just Fujitsu laptops scanning in at 330e.
    No Buffalo 320gb hdd for 6e (I did not find them anyway.)
    There is some Samsung cameras 50e, 1TB portable Hitachi drive 35e and other deals in Tesco Tramore behind customer service desk.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭little man disorder

deegs wrote: »
    Picked up http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B006UCHLHW/ref=redir_mdp_mobile?ref_=cm_cr_pr_product_top in tesco Middleton just now for 45euro... good price judging by camel camel camel. 5 stars on Amazon to boot :)

These are marked with a yellow sticker of €100 in Tesco ardkeen in Waterford this morning??:confused: This happened to someone else here as well for the buffallo hdd it was reduced in my store but not in there's.

I did not see them in the other Tesco's in Waterford but I am a bit blind this morning so don't take my word for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭cloneslad

Tried my local tesco in Monaghan, it's a pretty poor tesco anyway. Very little there. They did have some blu ray players but no hard drives, except one 320gb with a €50 sticker on it, dithery don't have scanners so I couldn't check.

I did ask a member of staff to check the two buffalo hdd but to no avail, both were priced as you'd expect.

As I said before, the tv I bought came without a base, so I just bought this amazon link

He need a new tv stand anyway, as the other one will be needed to keep his old tv on, when he moves it to another room. He also lives on the border so we can get free delivery.

The tesco staff in clarehall were very helpful when I was there. I can't blame them for buying the products themselves, why shouldn't they be allowed to buy it if they have the chance. It's different if they are hiding the products and not selling them at all, but it's first come, first served, so they have every right to buy it if they can.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Dec4 wrote: »
    Pure One Flow Portable Internet Radio €50 Amazon link here
    !

Now €30, got the one and only one in Lucan.

Got the 320gb hd in celbridge not much there but they have a scanner

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Got the 320gb hd in celbridge not much there but they have a scanner

How much did you pay? Some people are saying its gone down to 6 Euro- but it scanned at 50 for me in Celbridge....... :(

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,698 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

How much did you pay? Some people are saying its gone down to 6 Euro- but it scanned at 50 for me in Celbridge....... :(

€50odd in Athlone

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭moodrater

Duracell 1 hour charger with car adapter and 2AA + 2AAA €5 tesco wilton (cork) about 5 left.
    mBfhJelSXI9VdklxqkDtbWA.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭dan185

I scanned the one on the top left of the shelf this morning and it was €69 I think. The only other one there was a 500gb.

Got 2 x Sony 3D glasses in maynooth for €35 each - roughly the same price on Amazon. Work with the Sony 32in bravia I picked up the other day.

I got it for €6 yesterdy

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭dan185

I got it for €6 yesterdy

Was there many there? Could you upload a photo? I'll pop round now if I can get one!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭bodhi085

I was in tesco again today and there was an assistant with a cage putting bits n bobs out like headphones and few kiddy things. I picked up toshiba blu ray wifi for €45. Got talking to the assistant and was told the staff was a bit peed off with the manager as he had gotten 2 samsung 51 inch tv for himself and any sony 42 inch tv was put aside for "friends". This was the same manager who told me to my face on Sunday that the store never ever has tvs bigger than 40 inch in stock.
    One of the Samsung was still sitting out the back as he hadn't taken it or paid yet. The assistant told me his name was on it on hold. She wasn't happy that the staff wasn't told anything. She had heard it seemed to be management who got first dibs in other stores.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement