Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

More Tesco Bargains [No Off-Topic Chat - See Post #1]

Options

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 880 ✭✭✭whiteshorts

Noticed a load of PS3, Wii and Xbox games reduced to €5 each in stillorgan today.
    Classics like Fifa 10, Fifa 11 & PES 11 :eek:.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Got the last Toshiba Blue Ray with built in wifi in Clearwater this evening for €45. They had a few others on special but none with built in wifi. The Phillips one they had was the 2000 series not 3000 as per the pics and it was €60. Noticed their price scanner wasn't working.

Cabra have one LG 19" on display, no boxes on the shelf. Couldn't find a price scanner there to check the Blu Rays but that was before I went to Clearwater.

No significant specials unless you count €20 Remington Hair Straighteners in Ashbourne.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,858 ✭✭✭Soarer

Mahon Point is huge, but never has any decent bargains.

Well, none that I can find anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭brokenarms

athtrasna wrote: »
    Got the last Toshiba Blue Ray with built in wifi in Clearwater this evening for €45. They had a few others on special but none with built in wifi. The Phillips one they had was the 2000 series not 3000 as per the pics and it was €60. Noticed their price scanner wasn't working.

Cabra have one LG 19" on display, no boxes on the shelf. Couldn't find a price scanner there to check the Blu Rays but that was before I went to Clearwater.

No significant specials unless you count €20 Remington Hair Straighteners in Ashbourne.

Athtrasna. If you write down or take a picture of the code from the bottom of the shelf label then someone on the front desk will be able to tell you the price and how many is in stock. Although what the system thinks there is in stock is not always the accurate due to stock shrink and damages.

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭Interrobang

Soarer wrote: »
    Mahon Point is huge, but never has any decent bargains.

Well, none that I can find anyway.

Same here, but I could just have shīte timing. I've been in Mahon, Douglas and Wilton at one time or another over the past week and have found nada.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

Same here, but I could just have shīte timing. I've been in Mahon, Douglas and Wilton at one time or another over the past week and have found nada.

Didn't find much bargains this time, besides the €20 printer and a few 75% off gift sets but I am lucky with the bargains in Mahon Point usually. Never find anything in Douglas, Wilton or Midleton though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

Checked Portlaoise again, price scanned several things, nothing. No cartridges, TV's, memory, HDD's, nothing...

2L of TK for €1 though which is always nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Lissavane

<Mod SNIP> - Stop posting off topic

7 day ban

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭galldar

athtrasna wrote: »

All blu ray players i scanned the other day were at marked price (€99, €149 etc).
    Busy scanner, usually had to wait to use it.
    Any chance you got the price of the Toshiba 32" tv's? Staff were dragging them back into store room for themselves the other day, heard manager tell one of them she would keep their name on them till Thursday.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭zoeybelle

Where did you see those wavers Deise08? Been dying for one of those for ages!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭laros

Where did you see those wavers Deise08?
    With a user name like Deise08 ... i would imagine it's down around Waterford.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

galldar wrote: »
    All blu ray players i scanned the other day were at marked price (€99, €149 etc).
    Busy scanner, usually had to wait to use it.
    Any chance you got the price of the Toshiba 32" tv's? Staff were dragging them back into store room for themselves the other day, heard manager tell one of them she would keep their name on them till Thursday.

They had them on the main TV display marked at 279, had loads of them. They were backlit...wasn't sure that was the model that was on special?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭deise08

zoeybelle wrote: »

Sorry I should've said. Tesco ballybeg in

• Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭deise08

zoeybelle wrote: »
    Ya
    Sorry I should've said. Tesco ballybeg in waterford

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭gl0Rob

Tesco Coonagh Limerick had 4 Toshiba 32" TV out last night. In the 5 mins I was there I saw staff take two and customers got the other two. There were a few 360gb hard drives and dvd players. One printer

• Registered Users Posts: 8,858 ✭✭✭Soarer

What's the model number on the Toshiba tvs?

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭laros

Tesco Tullamore ... Just spoke to a manager and he said that some TV's were put out last night including a 42in samsung for €150, none left this morning some of the display models were gone off the wall. I believe a lot of them were missing stands and remotes ect...:( they had some Blu rays (Phillips and Panasonic ) just inside the door also some smart covers for Ipad's & Ipad minis for €20 across from the Blu ray shelf. No Hard drives at all and some Ipods at the electrical desk.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Argents

Tesco in Kilcock selling soft drinks (Coke) 3 for €4.00

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Argents wrote: »
    Tesco in Kilcock selling soft drinks (Coke) 3 for €4.00

This is everywhere- 3 2 litre bottles for €4
    Its not even Tesco specific- the Musgraves branches have been doing it all Christmas too.

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭deisediva

Has anyone seen any 26/32 inch TVs in any of the Waterford stores?
    Ardkeen had iPod's but were €80 . Not sure which gen but were longer touch screen nano.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭irishproduce

Coonagh Limerick (Clothes section) had loads of little boys shoes for €3 when I was there on Tuesday evening.
    I only just remembered it now.

About the display models.
    Some of them have been turned on and running at near max volume for 12 months, 24 hrs a day. Plus the public have been poking and prodding them for the same time.
    Not a TV expert but I would think they would need to be very cheap as I cant see them having a long life at home. I have a Toshiba Regza 32" from new for 2 years and its on its last legs already.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭cloneslad

brokenarms wrote: »
    About the display models.
    Some of them have been turned on and running at near max volume for 12 months, 24 hrs a day. Plus the public have been poking and prodding them for the same time.
    Not a TV expert but I would think they would need to be very cheap as I cant see them having a long life at home. I have a Toshiba Regza 32" from new for 2 years and its on its last legs already.

I've never seen the display models turned on in tesco. In electrical retailers, yes, but never in tesco.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Duracell Value Charger+2aa+2aaa rechargeables for €2.00
    http://www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=264285806

Tesco Pure Terry tea towels 5 Pack €2.00

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,705 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

cloneslad wrote: »
    I've never seen the display models turned on in tesco. In electrical retailers, yes, but never in tesco.

Maynooth Tesco they're always on; usually showing a Tesco Mobile ad loop.

I could see staff turning them off in smaller stores where they're near the checkout and would drive them mad during quiet times though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

Most of the tescos I've been in have had some of the display models playing a dvd on repeat.

Some of the big extra 24hr stores have all of them on even at night.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,698 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Some of the AAA battery packs in Athlone this morning, picked up a few but still some left...

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭muincav

Tesco Monaghan has Microsoft 600 wired keyboard and mouse for 1 Euro. Had a few left about an hour ago but I doubt they will last long.....:D

I have always noticed that no matter what day I go in there that there is this one eastern european guy there and all he ever has in his basket is stuff that is on offer and after a few weeks of watching what he was snapping up I noticed the same stuff for sale on a buy and sell type website and in Monaghan but today I realised why he seems to get to the bargains first,,,,,,his wife works there and she is giving him the heads up and it has been noticed by other staff members...I wouldnt mind if he was buying for himself but he seems to spoiling it for everyone else...I only buy what I need...:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Barnet

I'm in Tesco Clonmel now!. They have 1 Toshiba 19" LED HD ready TV for €75 & 1 Toshiba LED Full HD TV for €100. They are both boxed down the back of the store.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement