Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Upcoming Fights **Mod note: Keep discussion to fight night threads**

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭Wild_Dogger

It could be 10.30 - 11pm before it starts ............
    there a good few on the undercard and some destined to go the distance

• Registered Users Posts: 8,967 ✭✭✭Soups123

Whst time roughly is barker in the ring?

• Registered Users Posts: 54,579 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Busiest night's boxing in a long time. 4 shows on SS and BoxNation.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

I wish Maccarinelli would retire for his own safety. The next big puncher he faces he could get seriously hurt.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

It could be 10.30 - 11pm before it starts ............
    there a good few on the undercard and some destined to go the distance

Clashing with barker/sturm so...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,220 ✭✭✭Henno30

The Rigo fight absolutely fu*king bombed on HBO the other night. 550k viewers, amongst the lowest ever on Boxing After Dark.

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭el flaco

Henno30 wrote: »
    The Rigo fight absolutely fu*king bombed on HBO the other night. 550k viewers, amongst the lowest ever on Boxing After Dark.

I watched the repeat the next day and initially thought the Rigondeaux fight must have been moved to earlier in the card because there were so few people there.
    It's even more embarassing that Tapia and Kirkland out-performed him in the ratings. The situation was made even worse for Rigondeaux given that their fight was so entertaining. It's like having a great band as your warmup act.

They're going to find it so hard to keep marketing Rigondeaux. He'll probably need to scratch around on some undercards or move elsewhere. (His manager is trying to push a Miami fight early next year for the Cuban crowd)

I think part of the problem is that his reputation is preceding him. There are probably quite a few viewers that haven't seen very much (if anything) of him at all but the word of mouth has led them to decide that they are going to be bored before he even steps in the ring.

Having said that, I've watched him a couple of times and as big a boxing fan as I am I find it tough going. Although I can't help but admire him for the fact that he is willing to stick to his guns even if it means jeopardising his career.

This is the arena during the fight

BbOLZf2CUAADOsE.jpg

He needs to change something. I don't understand why they don't have the Cubans fight in Miami more than they do. Surely the Cuban public would come out to see them?

The reality for Rigo is that he can't go on like this and keep getting paid, not unless he's willing to take a significant pay cut.

Martin Murray looks in a bit of bother here.

Murray wins 77-75. Shocking performance.

• Advertisement

What was up with Murray? By all accounts he looked terrible. Was he just not bothered or was he struggling?

Henno30 wrote: »
    What was up with Murray? By all accounts he looked terrible. Was he just not bothered or was he struggling?

I thought he looked to be struggling with something but he made no excuses after and said he was just a bit flat. He had a virus during training camp. Thought he was awful.

Johner wrote: »
    I thought he looked to be struggling with something but he made no excuses after and said he was just a bit flat. He had a virus during training camp. Thought he was awful.

To be fair to him, a virus would take a lot out of you and he hasn't had any time to recover from it. I do wonder about Murray though. I think he caught Sergio on an off night and has been slightly overrated since.

World title fight for him in Feb, Hatton said its a done deal but didn't say who against.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,285 ✭✭✭megadodge

Purdy and Bundu in a really good scrap here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭willmunny1990

megadodge wrote: »
    Purdy and Bundu in a really good scrap here.

Bundu cant put a dent in him, really getting wore down here.

Had to mute it, commentators are ridiculously biased. Good fight though.

Bundu pounded him in that round. I have him 6-2 up. Sky probably have Purdy up. :rolleyes:

Nice round for Bundu. Hed want one or two more good rounds like that, dont want to leave this get to close, great start again by Bundu.

Purdy irritates me.

Bundu is going to stop him soon.

• Advertisement

Bundu pounded him in that round. I have him 6-2 up. Sky probably have Purdy up. :rolleyes:

I think hes well up as well but you need to be mindfull of the home bias.

7-2 Bundu for me.

8-2 Ted Bundu.

I've no doubt Bundu is well ahead, but up until the 8th the commentator was really overestimating Purdy's progress.

Bang! What a stoppage.

Thats the way to do it, don't let yourself get robbed on the cards.

One of the judges had it level going into the last. lol.

Nice finish. Bundu is a classy, entertaining boxer, a good European champ but probably a bit short of world champ material.

Just heard one of the judges had it even going into the last!!! Crazy.

Thats what you're up against.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭djhaxman

FFS. Sick of **** judging. Are they blind? Or paid off? Or both?

Advertisement