Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Killarney Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭kaji

Is there any medical centre in Killarney? I want to get a new GP as live here now.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭numorouno

kaji wrote: »
    Is there any medical centre in Killarney? I want to get a new GP as live here now.

The reeks opposite lidl. They have a good free doctors in there I think

• Registered Users Posts: 3,108 ✭✭✭Boom__Boom

numorouno wrote: »
    The reeks opposite lidl. They have a good free doctors in there I think

I thought that this was shut down because of planning issues?

Yeah that's what I thought too! Otherwise I'd be going there!

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭numorouno

I think they were given time to vacate/appeal but even if it's moving the doctors Will move too so pick one and move with them if it does happen

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭dobman88

Our family doc is in the reeks now. It was only the top floor that got shut down. My girlfriends doc has moved back to her original practice. I don't know why it was only the top floor. All the docs that are there now are very good, I have been to most of them at this stage due to availability issues, holidays etc. and the are all very good.

dobman88 wrote: »
    Our family doc is in the reeks now. It was only the top floor that got shut down. My girlfriends doc has moved back to her original practice. I don't know why it was only the top floor. All the docs that are there now are very good, I have been to most of them at this stage due to availability issues, holidays etc. and the are all very good.

That's great so, thanks for telling me. Any recommendations for the doctors there? Can I just walk in and become a patient/customer?

kaji wrote: »
    That's great so, thanks for telling me. Any recommendations for the doctors there? Can I just walk in and become a patient/customer?

Our doc is Dr. Miriam McCarthy. Dr. John McCullagh is the main person with her. You can't go wrong with either one of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭newman10

Has anyone heard that Easons are opening in town and wheterer it is a franchise or an Easons owned store.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭jtown

dobman88 wrote: »
    Our doc is Dr. Miriam McCarthy. Dr. John McCullagh is the main person with her. You can't go wrong with either one of them.

Dr. John McCullagh retiring

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Axel Lamp

newman10 wrote: »
    Has anyone heard that Easons are opening in town and wheterer it is a franchise or an Easons owned store.

Thanks

yes, Rumoured to be at Mackie Shea's on Main St. Didn't hear abour the franchise operation

• Registered Users Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭Radio5

Axel Lamp wrote: »
    yes, Rumoured to be at Mackie Shea's on Main St. Didn't hear abour the franchise operation

Interesting.That would be on the doorstep of the Killarney Bookshop.

If anyone hears of any part time jobs going in Killarney town can you send me a PM or put it in the thread please. I currently work full time but I need a part time job for a few weeks as I may be moving abroad soon and could do with the extra funds coming in. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭Uberbeamerman

Radio5 wrote: »
    Interesting.That would be on the doorstep of the Killarney Bookshop.

And the Killarney Bookshop will continue to be the only bookshop I will go to.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Davidth88

And the Killarney Bookshop will continue to be the only bookshop I will go to.

Ohh I don't know whenever I am in Killarney I have a lovely time upstairs in The Dungeon .

Not really surprised to hear Mackie Sheas moving out , the shop had got very tatty recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭Uberbeamerman

Davidth88 wrote: »
    Ohh I don't know whenever I am in Killarney I have a lovely time upstairs in The Dungeon .

Not really surprised to hear Mackie Sheas moving out , the shop had got very tatty recently.

Forgot about the Dungeon alright, what I mean are the franchises moving in....there's no community spirit with them, like look at the damage Tesco is doing, we don't need another faceless franchise with no character

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭newman10

I was wondering about the jobs which may be available. Anything is better than what currently stands in what is the prime Retail Pitch in Killarney.

I am a little sad about the Killarney Bookshop, but for those of us who endure the Dungeon at Back to School time, then a little competition is welcome.

As for O'Connors:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭villains77

H I all heading down to Killarney for weekend with the girlfriend. was wondering is there any Chinese buffet restaurants down there or can anyone recommend a nice Chinese restaurant. haven't been down since may. looking forward to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Madman2

Anyone know the best place to get a pic and some medals framed in or around town?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

Madman2 wrote: »
    Anyone know the best place to get a pic and some medals framed in or around town?

There is a place downstairs at the back of the innisfallen shopping centre that should be able to do something, I vaguely remember buying a photo frame there a few years back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭madrabui

Does anyone here have a domestic rubbish collection in Killarney? I'm trying to figure it out if there is anyone else besides KWD.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Madman2

We used to use Mr Binman until last christmas , they are based in Adare but still do places in Killarney:)

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭Halo Kitty

Killarney Town Council operate a pay by weight recycling system..

• Registered Users Posts: 5 patryk123

Hey can anybody tell me about Spellman's the abandoned factory on Ballycasheen Road and the house next to it?

I walk on ballycasheen road at least 2 times a day and have never seen an abandoned factory, do you have the right road? Theres an abandoned factory near the traffic lights at the junction for Muckross and Ross Road? With a small white house next to it and some jarveys keep their horses there in the field out the back

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭oeb

patryk123 wrote: »
    Hey can anybody tell me about Spellman's the abandoned factory on Ballycasheen Road and the house next to it?

The sawmill? That's on the flesk road, by the bridge that goes to mill road / around the corner from whitebridge.

What would you like to know about it?

edit: you are correct, that's the ballacasheen road, feck sake, parents have been living on that road for years and I don't even know the name of it :P

Ya, used to be a sawmill, I knew a few of the kids in the family and played there a few times. I'd say it's been shut down at least 9 or 10 years.

oeb wrote: »
    The sawmill? That's on the flesk road, by the bridge that goes to mill road / around the corner from whitebridge.

What would you like to know about it?

edit: you are correct, that's the ballacasheen road, feck sake, parents have been living on that road for years and I don't even know the name of it :P

Ya, used to be a sawmill, I knew a few of the kids in the family and played there a few times. I'd say it's been shut down at least 9 or 10 years.

I was walking down Ballycasheen Road last week and I saw around 6 people sitting around a fire there and also a person going out from the abandoned house in front of it, so I was just curious about the place and what its used for.

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭RevBlueJeans

According to Google (http://goo.gl/maps/O2tuU) Ballycasheen Rd runs from the junction of Woodlawn Rd/Rookery Rd along by Bowlers and Flemings at Whitebridge to the Cork Rd.

Mill Rd runs between Whitebridge and the GlenEagle.

Some old maps show Flesk Rd running from the Golden Gates roundabout to the junction of Ross Rd but I dont think anyone uses the name nowadays.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,108 ✭✭✭Boom__Boom

Some old maps show Flesk Rd running from the Golden Gates roundabout to the junction of Ross Rd but I dont think anyone uses the name nowadays.

Be careful or Bill Cullen will take you to court.;)

• Advertisement

According to Google (http://goo.gl/maps/O2tuU) Ballycasheen Rd runs from the junction of Woodlawn Rd/Rookery Rd along by Bowlers and Flemings at Whitebridge to the Cork Rd.

Mill Rd runs between Whitebridge and the GlenEagle.

Thank you Captain Obvious! I was talking a bout Ballycasheen Road!

Advertisement