Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Killarney Thread

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

ciaeim wrote: »
    Can you not see that workers are only looking for what's owed to them from the national wage agreement nothing else. And the labour court have agreed that this should be paid. Remember it's the workers and their quality of work that keep this company in profit and at the forefront of our industry and deserve to be renumerated. And we can do without people like you quoting absolute tripe.
    Interesting you never mentioned the ability to earn a 35% bonus and 8k shift allowance in your initial post!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 toffee dave

Interesting you never mentioned the ability to earn a 35% bonus and 8k shift allowance in your initial post!

The rate is 15.70 an hour.The 35% bonus is a production target.If you do not hit it,you do not get it.Not everyone is on shift.So 15.70x37.5 hours x52 weeks is the wage.ciaiem is spot on.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,862 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

Bit of advice to the Liebherr workers posting on here. I would be surprised if the HR dept in the company have not already seen this thread. Searching through social media is common place now in HR depts. I imagine it wouldn't take a genius to figure out who ye are (somebody who was in Florida a few weeks ago and an Everton supporting fitter called Dave?). I would remove these posts as it could come back to bite you in the ar$e. If you have an argument with another poster, use the private message function maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

I've sent them an email with a link to this thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

Aodhagan wrote: »
    I've sent them an email with a link to this thread.

why?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

why?

To stop animal cruelty.

No I was joking I didn't.

anyone going to the fight tonight? any idea how long it'll be on for, l know its starting at 8.30

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

I don't know why members of An Garda Síochána cannot actually act professionally. I just do NOT know.

Tonight their were two males posing/perving with/on two scantially-slad females instead of actually doing their job and speaking with two young fellas relieving themselves outside a Church!

These alleged professionals are just getting worse & people wonder why I won't work in an environment full-time with characters like that - people who want to cosy up with semi-naked females instead of doing what they are being paid to do!

Another fine example by the alleged professionals on-duty in Killarney tonight.

& don't get me started on their inability to curtail boyracers at all hours of the night.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 juve39

Michael999999 you strike me as a serial whinger

Toffee dave RULES!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭dobman88

juve39 wrote: »
    Toffee dave RULES!!

A solid argument indeed. :rolleyes:

300 brave workers standing up for they'er rights,and as for the rest being held hostage they are hoping to get the payrise as well.some of them have been scared off joining the union,wonder who ?????????.some dont want to part with €4.70 c per week.
    These guys work hard in what is a very dangerus and unhealthy working inviroment,yes i work there as a welder and i can tell you im thinking of imagrating ,reason im coughing black stuff in to my sink every night,unsociable hours and they want us to work 3 cycle,
    Result no life ,poor health and depression,
    Which i see there everyday ,everybody hope you have a great xmas.

kerry4sam wrote: »
    I don't know why members of An Garda Síochána cannot actually act professionally. I just do NOT know.

Tonight their were two males posing/perving with/on two scantially-slad females instead of actually doing their job and speaking with two young fellas relieving themselves outside a Church!

These alleged professionals are just getting worse & people wonder why I won't work in an environment full-time with characters like that - people who want to cosy up with semi-naked females instead of doing what they are being paid to do!

Another fine example by the alleged professionals on-duty in Killarney tonight.

& don't get me started on their inability to curtail boyracers at all hours of the night.

ya l saw them 2 last night...l find alot of them are just arrognant...the ones in there 20s early 30s....l know 2 or 3 people wanting to join the gardaí and their w*nkers.

300 brave workers standing up for they'er rights,and as for the rest being held hostage they are hoping to get the payrise as well.some of them have been scared off joining the union,wonder who ?????????.some dont want to part with €4.70 c per week.
    These guys work hard in what is a very dangerus and unhealthy working inviroment,yes i work there as a welder and i can tell you im thinking of imagrating ,reason im coughing black stuff in to my sink every night,unsociable hours and they want us to work 3 cycle,

You don't do irony.

Maybe you should get an air fed welding mask from your considerable wages if your coughing uo s##t!

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Clab mor

Hi lad you have a job you should be glad of it. What the workforce and unions did was an act of greed in a time where everyone is struggling.

Without Liebherr, Killarney wouldn't be a patch in what it is today. Taking the factory out of the equation they also have other interests in hotels and apartments which are of huge benefit to Killarney and Kerry.

We all have work and life issues. I also work very hard with a weekly adverage of 50+ hrs. I'm on call every two weeks and often work unsociable hours. I have a wife two young children to support with mortgage car loan etc etc

I took a 5% pay cut and got hit with a three day week last summer. I'm greatfull to be back again full time however its unlikely ill ever see my 5% again.

My defined benefit pension is also up the swanny, lost my bo**ocks in it. But **** it that's life you just have to pick yourself up and move on.

If the job is effecting your health and mental state all the money in the world won't help you there bud!

Liebherr, Marks and Spenser, ESB etc need to suck it up stop moaning and get on with life.

The whole country has issues, get over it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Axel Lamp

Clab mor wrote: »
    Hi lad you have a job you should be glad of it. What the workforce and unions did was an act of greed in a time where everyone is struggling.

Without Liebherr, Killarney wouldn't be a patch in what it is today. Taking the factory out of the equation they also have other interests in hotels and apartments which are of huge benefit to Killarney and Kerry.

We all have work and life issues. I also work very hard with a weekly adverage of 50+ hrs. I'm on call every two weeks and often work unsociable hours. I have a wife two young children to support with mortgage car loan etc etc

I took a 5% pay cut and got hit with a three day week last summer. I'm greatfull to be back again full time however its unlikely ill ever see my 5% again.

My defined benefit pension is also up the swanny, lost my bo**ocks in it. But **** it that's life you just have to pick yourself up and move on.

If the job is effecting your health and mental state all the money in the world won't help you there bud!

Liebherr, Marks and Spenser, ESB etc need to suck it up stop moaning and get on with life.

The whole country has issues, get over it.

I could not agree with you more.

The workers need to look at the bigger picture. Will they get an equivalent job & wage & conditions in Killarney if Liebherr pull the plug?

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Clab mor

Axel Lamp wrote: »
    I could not agree with you more.

The workers need to look at the bigger picture. Will they get an equivalent job & wage & conditions in Killarney if Liebherr pull the plug?

If liebherr pull out of Killarney or make significant changes. It will be a sorry case for everyone involved. Imagine 300 highly skilled workers hitting the dole q!!! What a waste.

Looking for work when there's 300 more all doing the same thing would be a nightmare. It won't matter how highly skilled you are beacuse there'll be 300 more looking for the job too!!!

BPKS wrote: »
    Bit of advice to the Liebherr workers posting on here. I would be surprised if the HR dept in the company have not already seen this thread. Searching through social media is common place now in HR depts. I imagine it wouldn't take a genius to figure out who ye are (somebody who was in Florida a few weeks ago and an Everton supporting fitter called Dave?). I would remove these posts as it could come back to bite you in the ar$e. If you have an argument with another poster, use the private message function maybe.
    Hi.
    Thanks for the advice.But you know i think ill leave my posts as they are.I dont feel as ive been abusive/slanderous towards anybody.I see you left a? at the end of your sentence,(An Everton supporting fitter called Dave).I take from that you are assuming that my name is Dave,and i support Everton.Now that maybe true or it may not.But something's i do know for sure,that come back to bite people on the ass,are assumption's and conjecture.

Hi.
    Thanks for the advice.But you know i think ill leave my posts as they are.I dont feel as ive been abusive/slanderous towards anybody.I see you left a? at the end of your sentence,(An Everton supporting fitter called Dave).I take from that you are assuming that my name is Dave,and i support Everton.Now that maybe true or it may not.But something's i do know for sure,that come back to bite people on the ass,are assumption's and conjecture.

Its a discussion forum, people don't have to agree with each other it also doesn't mean there arguing.

Its a discussion forum, people don't have to agree with each other it also doesn't mean there arguing.

Fair enough.Im off now.So happy xmas to ye all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭ciaeim

your dead right people dont have to agree with each other but it would help if a-holes like you would try and quote the truth instead of the drivel that you have been spouting,

ciaeim wrote: »
    your dead right people dont have to agree with each other but it would help if a-holes like you would try and quote the truth instead of the drivel that you have been spouting,

Not going to lower myself!

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Quaderno

After visiting Muckross today (we spend a lot of time there) we were shocked about the amount of damage the storm has done over the recent days. Several trees and many big branches have come down all over the park and even the greenhouse had a number (10 or more) of glass panes blown out with broken glass scattered everywhere. Really sad to see and a lot of work for the gardeners in the weeks to come, but I suppose that's also part of nature...

284705.jpg

284706.jpg

284707.jpg

284708.jpg

^ holy god!! didnt realise the winds were that bad

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Access

Access wrote: »

Does anyone remember the model railway that was down across from tescos and behind o conners news agents... anyone know the location of it now?

anyone have any idea?

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭Uberbeamerman

Access wrote: »
    anyone have any idea?

The majority of it is gone into storage...some parts of it got a new lease of life in the Blennerville Windmill complex in Tralee, I wouldn't mind knowing where Frank and the lads that used to run it are now, I've fond memories of the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Quaderno wrote: »
    After visiting Muckross today (we spend a lot of time there) we were shocked about the amount of damage the storm has done over the recent days. Several trees and many big branches have come down all over the park and even the greenhouse had a number (10 or more) of glass panes blown out with broken glass scattered everywhere. Really sad to see and a lot of work for the gardeners in the weeks to come, but I suppose that's also part of nature...

284705.jpg

284706.jpg

284707.jpg

284708.jpg

Holy mother of divine jesus where in the park did that happen? Didnt think the wind was that biblical over the weekend! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Access

The majority of it is gone into storage...some parts of it got a new lease of life in the Blennerville Windmill complex in Tralee, I wouldn't mind knowing where Frank and the lads that used to run it are now, I've fond memories of the place.

Ah thats a shame... it was a brilliant layout and watching the local heros program on rte the last night made me think of it again. Fond memories alright when i used to visit down that side of the country.

Thanks Uberbeamerman for the info.

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Quaderno

madcabbage wrote: »
    Holy mother of divine jesus where in the park did that happen? Didnt think the wind was that biblical over the weekend! :eek:

We only went from the cafe through the walled garden down to the boathouse and along all the way and in the arboretum major damage was visible in many places. The fallen tree in the pic is right at the back of the cafe at the entrance to the stone garden (this one in better times). The old boat house is self explanatory, but there were many more. As I said, the greenhouse in the walled garden also took a hit with several panes ripped out on both sides and glass scattered quite a bit away from it.
    It's really sad because the place is usually spotless and keeping it like that must be a huge effort, especially in autumn. We really like the weekends there and my daughter basically grew up in the woods around Muckross. The cafe btw looks beautiful, they seem to spend days putting up their Christmas decorations every year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,195 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

madcabbage wrote: »

Probably worth taking a look at the blue pool behind Molly Darcy's also. Strong winds cause carnage in that wood as the soil is very loose.

Advertisement