Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky On-Demand (formerly Anytime) [Merged]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭glimmerman123

Has the catch up service launched yet in the ROI? I don't see any changes when i go to on demand.

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭peking97

Doesn't look like it! Nothing new seen here either.

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Pat Gleeson

Nor here ...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,108 ✭✭✭batistuta9

would you need to force the update for this or what happens?

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Racket

I asked again on the Sky forums to see if a new date gets put up, seeing as I guess it won't launch this late into today? Still nothing from them yet, though.
    batistuta9 wrote: »
    would you need to force the update for this or what happens?

I think just going to the On Demand section with an internet connection should bring up the Catch Up tab, when it does go live, rather than having to do any resets/updates, just like new shows appearing with On Demand currently.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭galtee boy

Sky Help Forum updated this morning. Now the news is, they will give us a launch date for Catch Up Tv, when one is confirmed ! Looks like it's put back indefinitely.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Razor Russ

galtee boy wrote: »
    Sky Help Forum updated this morning. Now the news is, they will give us a launch date for Catch Up Tv, when one is confirmed ! Looks like it's put back indefinitely.

I recon it's either RTE or TV 3 delaying it by not having their player ready on time

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Got a letter off Sky last week saying I was getting one of these as a free gift,rang them up there sending one on.

http://www.sky.com/products/kit/on-demand-connector/

I got this letter too, and applied for it online.....that was weeks ago, and still no sign of it. Did anyone else get one for free?

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭supersonic64

vienne86 wrote: »
    I got this letter too, and applied for it online.....that was weeks ago, and still no sign of it. Did anyone else get one for free?
    Yeah,i got one of those cards on a Thursday,rang Sky that evening and the box was delivered the following Monday

Just noticed this morning that the On-Demand section has just the Showcase tab showing where there used to be four! At first I thought it might be due to the introduction of Catch-Up TV but doesn't look like it. :confused:

• Advertisement

peking97 wrote: »
    Just noticed this morning that the On-Demand section has just the Showcase tab showing where there used to be four! At first I thought it might be due to the introduction of Catch-Up TV but doesn't look like it. :confused:

Had that last week with my Samsung box after the update to the smart search software, quick reboot got it all working again!

On Catch Up, while it didn't launch, something definitely changed around the 26th-28th with ROI subscriptions that points towards it being soon.

Anyone with the new smart search on their box can see what I mean.

If you go to, for example, On Demand > Box Sets > All > green button > select Lifetime, SD or HD, select Bad Ink, you can download the episodes that aired on 29/11 (Date aired listed to the left of the title in the info box at the top) while episodes from 22/11 do have that old 'subscription upgrade needed' message.

This goes for a good portion of shows on non-Sky channels (They still have had all shows available to download no matter the air date in the title) found through On Demand with an air date in the title on at least Lifetime, Fox and History.

Haven't checked any other channels but, judging by this pattern, I guess we'll probably get the Catch Up tab in a couple of weeks when the shows not available to download in the ROI disappear? So maybe Christmas week, if they do it as soon as the last show disappears.

Have noticed also that sky go now includes catchup, not sure how long it has been there for though

The Catch Up stuff that appeared with the smart search EPG now appears to be searchable through the blue button. It is even bringing up shows/channels that can't be found through the Box Sets way.

So far have seen and been able to download Catch Up (Anything that shows the airdate in the info) content from Animal Planet, Channel 4/E4/More4 (Tried their most recently aired episode of Homeland), CI, Discovery, Disney + XD/Junior, E!, Fox, History, H2, ID, Lifetime, Nat Geo Wild, Star Plus, TLC and all the Sky channels, with everything having HD shows except the C4 group, H2 and ID.

Don't know if the UK gets anything else on theirs other than BBC/ITV but that list, I guess, is the content we'll get in Ireland, along with any Irish channels.

Catch Up tab now available! Just the stations mentioned previously, though. No sign of the 3player or even RTÉ as of yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

vienne86 wrote: »
    Finally got a delivery yesterday....it took a month to arrive, but it was free! Fair play to Sky. Works fine. Nice easy set up, even though I have no WPS on my router. I see the catch up is there now too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭billbond4

yeah just spotted the Catch Up tab this morning too, fingers crossed the RTE player and or TV3 player will be put there

billbond4 wrote: »
    yeah just spotted the Catch Up tab this morning too, fingers crossed the RTE player and or TV3 player will be put there
    How do i find the catch up tap?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭ftakeith

I am connected to sky tv from today, great customer service

for some reason the itv player is part of sky on demand on my sky box, it works very well, my parents can watch downton abbey xmas special on st stephens day without ads on the itv player

very impressed with the new sky 2TB sky box, wifi in built, no need for ethernet broadband connection

• Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭jd83

i done force update and now have catchup. How long do we think before we get rte player

jd83 wrote: »
    i done force update and now have catchup. How long do we think before we get rte player

how did you do a forced update ? catchup is missing off one of my box's ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

Razor Russ wrote: »
    how did you do a forced update ? catchup is missing off one of my box's ?

Remove the power cable from the box, find and hold the backup button(dont let go) on the top of sky hd boxes and put the power cable back in. After a few seconds the box will light up and tell you its updating. Do not remove the power whilst its updating..

when its finished it will go into standby, so give u a few mins and it will allow you to turn it back on.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭supersonic64

steveon wrote: »
    Remove the power cable from the box, find and hold the backup button(dont let go) on the top of sky hd boxes and put the power cable back in. After a few seconds the box will light up and tell you its updating.

At this point you can take your finger off the backup button, don't do like my nephew and keep hold of it for 10mins:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭galtee boy

steveon wrote: »
    Remove the power cable from the box, find and hold the backup button(dont let go) on the top of sky hd boxes and put the power cable back in. After a few seconds the box will light up and tell you its updating. Do not remove the power whilst its updating..

when its finished it will go into standby, so give u a few mins and it will allow you to turn it back on.

You shouldn't have to do a forced update, to get new services, Sky should send a signal to update the box. Why haven't they done this for Catch Up ? The average "Joe" out there, hasn't a clue about forced updates. No offence to anyone !

Well I got the Catch-Up tab without doing a forced update so I don't know why others might need to!:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

galtee boy wrote: »
    You shouldn't have to do a forced update, to get new services, Sky should send a signal to update the box. Why haven't they done this for Catch Up ? The average "Joe" out there, hasn't a clue about forced updates. No offence to anyone !

Some people have a habit of unplugging there boxes at night when they goto bed therefore very often they miss the update signals that sky send mostly at nite.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭mike2084

Myself and a friend both had to do a forced update to get this. It's a bit odd, normally you can't force a software update of new software until it's been rolled out to all boxes first.

mike2084 wrote: »
    Myself and a friend both had to do a forced update to get this. It's a bit odd, normally you can't force a software update of new software until it's been rolled out to all boxes first.
    can't understand what's happening. I have two box's. my samsung got catch up straight away no forced update. my pace box is still missing catchup, I have tried a forced update loads of times no joy. I am definitely doing the forced update properly, have tried it couple of times. driving me crazy !!!:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Pat Gleeson

Razor Russ wrote: »
    can't understand what's happening. I have two box's. my samsung got catch up straight away no forced update.
    It seems to depend on what software version is running on the box.
    My main STB downstairs has no digital output through HDMI, advanced search, update information tab or Catch Up tab, whilst my smaller multiroom box upstairs has all these features.
    Catch Up will probably be available on all boxes eventually, but some will have to wait to get it - they won't get it by a forced update.

The link below shows what some STB's miss out on ...

http://www.skyepginfo.co.uk/skyhd/skyplushd.html

It seems to depend on what software version is running on the box.
    My main STB downstairs has no digital output through HDMI, advanced search, update information tab or Catch Up tab, whilst my smaller multiroom box upstairs has all these features.
    Catch Up will probably be available on all boxes eventually, but some will have to wait to get it - they won't get it by a forced update.

The link below shows what some STB's miss out on ...

http://www.skyepginfo.co.uk/skyhd/skyplushd.html

At last the mystery has been solved. Sky up dated the EPG last night to add the new search function and with it came catch up for my pace box.

• Advertisement

I did a forced update and now have catch up:).

Advertisement