Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky On-Demand (formerly Anytime) [Merged]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭photofinish

I have a phone line running to the back of it. Would that be it. I'm not completely savvy with this

No a phone line wont do it you need a broadband connection either wired or wireless.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭ftakeith

The 3 player has now gone live on catch up.

tv3 player has nothing to watch, its terrible, rte player has better content

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,527 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

I always wondered about the bbc rights issue thing. surely nearly all the programming on iplayer is BBC originated thus no need to clear rights with anyone for Ireland except themselves?

That's not the reason in the BBC's case, the issue is that the BBC cannot spend licence fee payers money making programmes available outside the UK and this task is specifically in BBC Worldwide's remit.

Worldwide meanwhile are pushing the international iPlayer, which is less a catchup TV service and more an archive VOD service.

On UPC's on-demand there is no BBC iPlayer, though there is a selection of archive BBC programmes which changes from time to time.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Racket

4oD in the Catch Up section now has HD content from all the channels. Channel 4 HD shows clear in Ireland, at least for now with the one show I tried.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭ftakeith

ftakeith wrote: »
    tv3 player has nothing to watch, its terrible, rte player has better content

family guy and american dad are available on tv3 player

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭fat-tony

ftakeith wrote: »
    family guy and american dad are available on tv3 player

@ftakeith - I think your quote is a bit fecked up or else you are debating with yourself:p

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭epo addict

anyone else notice all new releases in the sky store have increased by €1. To watch a new release in HD will also cost a €1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭whitebriar

The sky plus app for iPad/ Android is pretty cool when used in conjunction with this.
    Full remote control over WiFi,far better than the magic eye.
    Just swiping up and down the screen to change channel.Full access to your planner,the ability to do everything the remote does without needing to point.
    Full programme info when browsing on demand stuff with pictures etc

Any news on the Rte player?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭billbond4

Let's hope the big overhaul to the epg starting today doesn't effect card trick

• Registered Users Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭thesultan

on the new sky on demand , do you have have a hd subscription to work it?

• Advertisement

I have the connecter midi but with the new lay out it doesn't seem to work. How do I set it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,858 ✭✭✭✭muffler

thesultan wrote: »
    on the new sky on demand , do you have have a hd subscription to work it?
    Nope :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭AlmostQuick

Anyone else get the email about the safety problem with the wifi adapters? Seemingly the screws can fall out and presumably they can come apart while plugged in. Checked and mine looks ok anyway...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭jeffk

Got one of the mini connectors yesterday and after a hour(and trying different routers and settings on each)I finally got it to connect.

Sky have stupidly put the password entry in uppercase letters and my wifi password was all lowercase. Just a heads up in case anyone else has issues connecting it.

jeffk wrote: »
    Got one of the mini connectors yesterday and after a hour(and trying different routers and settings on each)I finally got it to connect.

Sky have stupidly put the password entry in uppercase letters and my wifi password was all lowercase. Just a heads up in case anyone else has issues connecting it.

It works if you ignore the upper/lowercase issue and put in the password.

Racket wrote: »
    It works if you ignore the upper/lowercase issue and put in the password.

I typed in it numerous times with two different routers and got a network error.
    I gave up,looked on Google later on and seen someone said sky has it as uppercase as default,so tried keep pressing till i got lower case and it connected.

jeffk wrote: »
    I typed in it numerous times with two different routers and got a network error.
    I gave up,looked on Google later on and seen someone said sky has it as uppercase as default,so tried keep pressing till i got lower case and it connected.

It's worked for me with just putting in the letters as uppercase on the Sky box even though they're all lowercase in the password so that's a bit strange.

Racket wrote: »
    It's worked for me with just putting in the letters as uppercase on the Sky box even though they're all lowercase in the password so that's a bit strange.

Sure is, a hours work to find out its something simple(maybe just in my case)

At least the information is here if people have a similar issue.

Need to get my router going to. After I go into settings what do I do?

thesultan wrote: »
    Need to get my router going to. After I go into settings what do I do?

If you have a WPS button on your router press that and its meant to work.

Otherwise you pick your wifi out of a list,put in the password and that's it.

• Advertisement

Mine has my internet connection picked up but gives me the sky on demand link for sky to go to. What do I do from here?

Once you have found it and put in your password go to the on demand section and you'll see catch up etc

• Site Banned Posts: 824 ✭✭✭Shiraz 4.99

I hooked mine up last night, the lowercase letters thing was the key to getting my password working.
    The box set selection seems very small, is it the same in the UK, so sign of the "Grandaddy of them all, The Wire", as was advertised.

So, can we ever expect the RTE Player to be added ?.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

The Wire was there until recently, it may have expired. It sounds like you may have just looked at the homepage of the box sets, there's an A-Z list of them all.

ThisRegard wrote: »
    The Wire was there until recently, it may have expired. It sounds like you may have just looked at the homepage of the box sets, there's an A-Z list of them all.

You must be right, it says over 200 box sets on the website

ThisRegard wrote: »

Yep, just select "All" & you get the full listing

• Registered Users Posts: 48 liaml1974

typical sky robbing B*******. Now we have to upgrade to HD package if we want to download box sets. From sky website see below.

"Here's the legal bit

From 30 September, ROI customers will require a Sky HD subscription to access Box Sets.

24 LIVE ANOTHER DAY © 2014 Fox and its related entities. All rights reserved. Hannibal © 2014 Chiswick 2 Productions, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Scandal © ABC Studios. Ray Donovan © Showtime Networks Inc. All rights reserved. Banshee SM under licence from Home Box Office, Inc. The F1 logo, F1, FORMULA 1, FIA FORMULA ONE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP, GRAND PRIX and related marks are trade marks of Formula One Licensing BV, a Formula One group company. All rights reserved."

• Registered Users Posts: 45,858 ✭✭✭✭muffler

liaml1974 wrote: »
    typical sky robbing B*******. Now we have to upgrade to HD package if we want to download box sets. From sky website see below.
    A bit OTT there dude. No one's holding a gun to your head and forcing you to stay or take out a HD sub

• Registered Users Posts: 4,542 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

They're going to have to get the money for Deutschland and Italia from somewhere and the Micks are always a soft touch. :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,596 ✭✭✭channelsurfer2

That's mad. For an extra 5pounds the UK gets HD and box sets along with the entertainment extra pack.

Advertisement