Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ulster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread.

Options

Comments

• Administrators Posts: 53,556 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Rumour has it that Olding was due to start at 10 tomorrow, were he fit for the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,153 ✭✭✭Glass Prison 1214

awec wrote: »
    Rumour has it that Olding was due to start at 10 tomorrow, were he fit for the game.

Thats a shame, it would have been very interesting to see what he's like as a 10.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,769 ✭✭✭✭bilston

Think we play Edinburgh at home on the 22nd November so provided Jackson gets the No.22 shirt for Ireland Olding will hopefully get a chance to play 10 in that match.

That said everything I've seen from Olding screams centre, be it 12 or 13. I think he has the skills to play 13 but it's at 12 where he has excelled and as things stand I imagine that's where he will star in the future.

If he can placekick that'd be excellent though. Would take some pressure off Jackson.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭Sinbad_NI

Shame Olding is out, he was starting to shine again this year with his couple of appearances.

Hopefully we can keep some level of continuity.

• Advertisement

Bilston is lucky his missus put him to bed early this weekend. :(

What a disastrous weekend for us, Munster, Leinster and Glasgow all winning and us getting our arses will and truly pillaged.

Bilston is lucky his missus put him to bed early this weekend. :(

What a disastrous weekend for us, Munster, Leinster and Glasgow all winning and us getting our arses will and truly pillaged.

Yes I recorded it but had heard the result so didn't bother watching it, sounds like I saved 2 hours of my life...must thank the wife...

bilston wrote: »
    Yes I recorded it but had heard the result so didn't bother watching it, sounds like I saved 2 hours of my life...must thank the wife...
    Imagine really, really bad rugby that is unbelievably dire. Poor rucking, poor passing, lots of pointless kicks that either went out on the full or invited a counter attack.

We were even worse than that.

The single bright point was our defence of 30 phases early in the first half right on our try line. Maybe that knackered us for the rest of the game, if we had a better team out we'd have ended it much earlier.

Pienaar missed some kicks that would have seen Paddy Jackson crucified had it been him.

Payne will never be captain material.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Swan Curry

Being beaten up front by a Scarlets pack is never a good sign.

Yes, very bad. I think Stevenson was pretty awful - he always looked good last year I thought but that may be because he was always playing beside someone better than him. McComb will never be good enough.

Roger Wilson is also not a flanker - that experiment should be consigned to the bin.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,309 ✭✭✭former legend

Swan Curry wrote: »
    Being beaten up front by a Scarlets pack minus Faletau is never a good sign.

Yeah, Faletau has been key for Scarlets.

ummm....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Swan Curry

Yeah, Faletau has been key for Scarlets.

ummm....

I knew that didn't look right when I was typing it :o

That's the second time I've had to use that tonight,think it's time for some sleep.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Logie-1

Hi Folks,

Im new to this thread so forgive me if I talk nonsense.:confused:

The game was still on until Pienaar missed that penalty, the heads went down after that, and I do agree, Paddy Jackson would have been hung out to dry by the pundits for missing that. Then Wilson's moment of madness, wtf!!!!

Anyway, still only 6 points of the top, a two week rest before the next game, time to recharge, regroup and come out wanting to win.

Yea, the miss right in front of the posts just knocked us altogether. Had that gone over we may have went on to get some undeserved points from the game - though you couldn't see at all where a try was going to come from.

Welcome by the way! Stick around, we need more Ulster fans in these parts! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭launish116

Roger Wilson is also not a flanker - that experiment should be consigned to the bin.

harsh based on playing openside maybe, but i've been impressed with him playing blindside

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭Sinbad_NI

Wasn't great viewing, RP had a terrible game and not just from the tee... and don't even start me on the "tactical" kicking game.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 170 ✭✭niallerm

Noticed Dominic Gallagher is back playing rugby for Ballynahinch. Still only 22, was always surprised he never made it into the Ulster academy when he was at u20 level wonder how much it had to with him going to college in dublin?

Also much concern about Paddy Mac and his injury proneness, any word when he will be back?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Good to hear Gallagher is about. He was always an impressive guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,063 ✭✭✭✭phog

I heard a rumour that Tom Court is off to LI, any truth in it?

phog wrote: »
    I heard a rumour that Tom Court is off to LI, any truth in it?

Was talk of him leaving before today.

• Advertisement

3 year contract.

I wonder what that means going forward, black to 1st choice LH? Paddy Mac hasn't been healthy in years, fear he he gotten too big.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Humphreys leaving sort of made sense because he had been dropped for Jackson. However Court is first choice and it doesn't look like that will change for the forseeable. Why on earth would he leave for London Irish? Court could win a competition in a year or two with Ulster, he's not going to with LI.

Humphreys leaving sort of made sense because he had been dropped for Jackson. However Court is first choice and it doesn't look like that will change for the forseeable. Why on earth would he leave for London Irish? Court could win a competition in a year or two with Ulster, he's not going to with LI.

Court leaving is being treated with scepticism by reasonably well respected posters on uafc so I wouldn't bank on it yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,197 ✭✭✭✭Buer

3 year deal for a 33 year old, if true. It would be hard to turn down.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭RobbieRuns

I do not think that is an accurate rumour..... Court is not going anywhere

Buer wrote: »
    3 year deal for a 33 year old, if true. It would be hard to turn down.

it would be stupid to turn down, realistically it's his final contract

• Registered Users Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭ssaye2

RobbieRuns wrote: »
    I do not think that is an accurate rumour..... Court is not going anywhere

Its confirmed by GT in the Irish Times though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭jamiedav2011

Would be a loss for Ulster. Some young guns to step up, but Court is a good scrummaging LH at HEC level.

Would be a loss for Ulster. Some young guns to step up, but Court is a good scrummaging LH at HEC level.

agree, if Paddy Mac wasn't so brittle they could probably afford to let him leave..

Callum Black is solid, and Paddy looked like a future international before his knee injury.. behind that there is McCall who has impressed me from what little i've seen.. think the rest of their props are TH's..

Ulster could be looking at losing both Afoa and Court it seems..

• Advertisement

Tweeted by Richard Mulligan now too, and saying it's definite.

Seems like it's a done deal.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement