Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ulster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,920 ✭✭✭jacothelad

When Doak played for Malone everyone groaned when he insisted on stepping up to take the kicks. He was crap. Great all round sportsman but I don't think kicking coach has worked out for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,153 ✭✭✭Glass Prison 1214

Anyone have an update on Ferris? is he expected to be back anytime soon?

• Administrators Posts: 53,555 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Anyone have an update on Ferris? is he expected to be back anytime soon?

December / January.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,059 ✭✭✭✭phog

More injury woes
    Muller out for four to six weeks with calf injury: Ulster captain Johann Muller will be out for betw... http://bit.ly/1ce6Ars
    #rterugby

FFS. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,059 ✭✭✭✭phog

That's BOD, POC and Muller out with calf strains/injuries. Are there more, is that a lot for the start of a season?

Is our game not on tv this weekend? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭ssaye2

awec wrote: »
    Is our game not on tv this weekend? :(

S4C and BBC NI

http://www.rabodirectpro12.com/matchcentre/fixtures_list.php

• Registered Users Posts: 17,769 ✭✭✭✭bilston

I thought it was only on the BBC website. Maybe a problem for you awec as the Beeb website usually on shows live sport in the UK.

That said if it is on S4C then job done, I can at least record it. The game clashes with bath time in my house so I can't see me being able to watch it live online.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭ssaye2

bilston wrote: »
    I thought it was only on the BBC website. Maybe a problem for you awec as the Beeb website usually on shows live sport in the UK.

That said if it is on S4C then job done, I can at least record it. The game clashes with bath time in my house so I can't see me being able to watch it live online.

http://www.s4c.co.uk/e_listings.shtml?dt=2013-11-02&service=s4cd

"Live RaboDirect Pro12 rugby as the Scarlets take on Ulster at Parc y Scarlets. Kick-off, 6.30. An English-language sound-track is available via the red button on Sky, Freeview or Virgin Media. Freesat viewers should use the audio selection option."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭Digifriendly

ssaye2 wrote: »

Despite the above this match does not appear in listings for BBC2NI. It may be streamed on BBC sport website however.

Yea a problem for me.:(

Can you not ask your wife to allow you to stay up a bit later, and promise her that you'll take a bath on Sunday morning instead? :p

Can you not ask your wife to allow you to stay up a bit later, and promise her that you'll take a bath on Sunday morning instead? :p

No, she can be really strict when she wants:P

:D

Not happy that I'll be missing this one. Saturday evening kick offs are crap and all.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,920 ✭✭✭jacothelad

:D

Not happy that I'll be missing this one. Saturday evening kick offs are crap and all.
    Why don't you buy an NI Sky box with a card on Gumtree Belfast then you can watch all the BBC and ITV, all the Channels 4 and 5 variants at any time. (assuming you have a satellite dish) They go for £10 - 15 or so.

jacothelad wrote: »
    Why don't you buy an NI Sky box with a card on Gumtree Belfast then you can watch all the BBC and ITV, all the Channels 4 and 5 variants at any time. (assuming you have a satellite dish) They go for £10 - 15 or so.

Live in an apartment, so not allowed to have dishes.

Not even sure if we can get Sky on their apartment thingy they do. Can definitely get UPC tv but not sure you can get all the BBC variants on that.

Olding out with concussion...balls...

Ulster XV and replacements to face the Scarlets, RaboDirect PRO12, Ravenhill, Saturday 2nd November (kick off 18:30);

(15-9): J Payne (Captain), A Trimble, D Cave, C Farell, M Allen, R Pienaar, P Marshall;
    (1-8): C Black, R Herring, J Afoa, L Stevenson, N McComb, R Diack, R Wilson, N Williams;

Replacements
    (16-23): N Annett, K McCall, R Lutton, M McComish, S Doyle, J McKinney, R Andrew, D McIlwaine.

So, I think that's a pretty strong 1st 15, but there's a bit of a drop off on the bench.

Good enough to get a win though!

Payne Captain.

very interesting

• Advertisement

My only question mark over that team is how balanced that back row is, apart from that its a very strong looking team.

Payne Captain.

very interesting

He was captain against Leinster in the friendly.

SCARLETS TEAM TO PLAY ULSTER
    15. Gareth Owen
    14. Nick Reynolds
    13. Gareth Maule
    12. Adam Warren
    11. Jordan Williams
    10. Steve Shingler
    9. Gareth Davies

1. Phil John (capt.)
    2. Kirby Myhill
    3. Samson Lee
    4. Jake Ball
    5. George Earle
    6. Aaron Shingler
    7. Josh Turnbull
    8. Sione Timani

16. Darran Harris, 17. Rob Evans, 18. Jacobie Adriaanse, 19. Johan Snyman, 20. John Barclay, 21. Aled Davies, 22. Aled Thomas, 23. Chris Knight.

SCARLETS TEAM TO PLAY ULSTER
    15. Gareth Owen
    14. Nick Reynolds
    13. Gareth Maule
    12. Adam Warren
    11. Jordan Williams
    10. Steve Shingler
    9. Gareth Davies

1. Phil John (capt.)
    2. Kirby Myhill
    3. Samson Lee
    4. Jake Ball
    5. George Earle
    6. Aaron Shingler
    7. Josh Turnbull
    8. Sione Timani

16. Darran Harris, 17. Rob Evans, 18. Jacobie Adriaanse, 19. Johan Snyman, 20. John Barclay, 21. Aled Davies, 22. Aled Thomas, 23. Chris Knight.

I don't know a huge amount about that Scarlets side but I am looking forward to seeing Jordan Williams.

Ulster XV and replacements to face the Scarlets, RaboDirect PRO12, Ravenhill, Saturday 2nd November (kick off 18:30);

(15-9): J Payne (Captain), A Trimble, D Cave, C Farell, M Allen, R Pienaar, P Marshall;
    (1-8): C Black, R Herring, J Afoa, L Stevenson, N McComb, R Diack, R Wilson, N Williams;

Replacements
    (16-23): N Annett, K McCall, R Lutton, M McComish, S Doyle, J McKinney, R Andrew, D McIlwaine.

Nice backline, also good to see Farrell at 12 where I think he is probably more effective. Hopefully Allen can keep up his good form, and maybe Trimble will have a point to prove. Good front row, decent engine room, I would have preferred Doyle at 7 though, in fact looking at that am I right in thinking that Wilson is playing O/S? Good to see Williams back.

The bench is a worry though! Annett is decent, McCall has a lot of potential, Lutton is obviously a good player and Doyle is a player I like but still haven't seen enough of but the rest would scare the bejaysus out of me if they are called upon before the last few minutes of the game!

Nice backline, also good to see Farrell at 12 where I think he is probably more effective. Hopefully Allen can keep up his good form, and maybe Trimble will have a point to prove. Good front row, decent engine room, I would have preferred Doyle at 7 though, in fact looking at that am I right in thinking that Wilson is playing O/S? Good to see Williams back.

The bench is a worry though! Annett is decent, McCall has a lot of potential, Lutton is obviously a good player and Doyle is a player I like but still haven't seen enough of but the rest would scare the bejaysus out of me if they are called upon before the last few minutes of the game!

It's not a bench I would be confident on calling upon if the worst happens and we are chasing the game.

Actually wheres Stuart Olding?

Actually wheres Stuart Olding?

Concussion.

Concussion.

Ah yeah I forgot about that, hopefully he isn't rushed back like Marshall was.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

Replacements

Strongest of the provinces teams for this weekend? Having Payne, Pienaar, Afoa, Williams really boosts the team in addition to Trimble, Cave, Wilson, etc.

Has Wilson played at 7 before though?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement