Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Betting Thread Part III - Insert witty title here

Options

Comments

Taking the + in the

France v NZ (10)
    Eng v Arg (13)
    Ire v Sam ( 11)

and the - in the
    Sa v Wales (2)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

I like Australia at -10 and SA at -3 (or even at a longer spread). Might not place SA though as I'll be at the Ireland game and won't be able to watch it live. Argentina at +14 is lovely until you realize Lobbe is not playing. Gives the England forwards a definite edge and the backs should be able to take advantage against one of the poorer backlines in world rugby.

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭andymx11

Taking the + in the

France v NZ (10)
    Eng v Arg (13)
    Ire v Sam ( 11)

and the - in the
    Sa v Wales (2)

I'm not a betting man, so forgive my stupidity! Looking at the above information if I bet on Ireland to beat Samoa with above handicap they would have to beat them by 11 points or more for me to win?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

andymx11 wrote: »
    I'm not a betting man, so forgive my stupidity! Looking at the above information if I bet on Ireland to beat Samoa with above handicap they would have to beat them by 11 points or more for me to win?

You'd need them to win by 12 or more with an 11 point handicap, just to give some scoring examples for you:

Ireland 15 Samoa 3 = Ireland 4 (15-11) Samoa 3 on the handicap which means Ireland covered the handicap
    Ireland 14 Samoa 3 = Ireland 3 (14-11) Samoa 3 on the handicap which means a handicap draw
    Ireland 13 Samoa 3 = Ireland 2 (13-11) Samoa 3 on the handicap which means Samoa covered the handicap

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Spread in Ireland/Samoa now -9 for Ireland.

• Advertisement

Stan James seem to be the "Wrong" (imo) side of the market for a lot of games this weekend.

Could be some value available...

Italy + 12
    Argentina + 15
    Samoa + 10
    France + 12

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Dazzler0911

Treble for Saturday:

Scotland (-18.0) vs Japan

Italy vs Australia (-10.0)

Wales vs South Africa (-4.0)

Pays 7.5/1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭Ugo Monye spacecraft experience

I've gone for McGrath and Best for first try scorer in the Irish game, both at 25/1

I've also had an optimistic punt on Ireland -24 at 7/2

And I've done a big accum of:

NZ -10
    Ireland -9
    Boks -4
    Australia -10

• Subscribers Posts: 41,213 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

I've also had an optimistic punt on Ireland -24 at 7/2

I've gone on Samoa -3 @4/1

;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

Contemplating going for Samoa to win 5/2 with Paddy Power but they are missing several key men including Alesana Tuilagi and Census Johnston.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭duckysauce

Contemplating going for Samoa to win 5/2 with Paddy Power but they are missing several key men including Alesana Tuilagi and Census Johnston.

Alesana Tuilagi has gone downhill big time and was terrible in the Summer tests --playing in Japan now. Cenus is a big loss alright.

Gentlemen, JD is contemplating backing Samoa, lump lump and lump again on Ireland to win in that case :P

All favourites to win in the 6 games at 4.11 on betfair. Certainly I find it very hard to see past Scotland, England, Australia, NZ and Ireland (in that order of confidence) and I'm not sure how Wales can win unless there is some sort of scrum demolition. That was the root of their only impressive win this year (England) before they cut loose.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Old Balance: 36.98 units

- 2 units (10/11) South Africa -3
    - 1 unit (10/11) Ireland -9
    - 1 unit (evens) Ireland -9 (added after 10/11 bet!)
    - 1 unit (evens) France +11
    - .5 units (3/1) France to win
    - .5 units (10/11) Scotland -18
    - .5 units (5/1) Argentina to win

New Balance: 30.48 units

Have a positive feeling about Ireland, didn't like the -11 but couldn't resist -9!

Ireland, England, Scotland, New Zealand and South Africa wins @ a shade above 2/1 for me this weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Dazzler0911

Belvo (-9.0) vs Ballynahinch tmrw

Hinch yet to win a game, Belvo on good form...beat Young Munster away last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭rudiger2.0

P_1 wrote: »
    Ireland, England, Scotland, New Zealand and South Africa wins @ a shade above 2/1 for me this weekend

Got the same price for Ireland, England, Scotland, NZ and Australia wins. Seems like easy money to me. Not a betting man so let's say I put my 50 units on this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭The Pheasant2

Have a €2 accum on NZ, SA, Ireland (all H'cap) and Australia (match) which got me near 10/1

SA -3.5, Ireland -9.5, NZ -10.5 all backed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

Aus over 27.5, England over 26.5, Ireland over 27.5 and NZ France over 40.5. England doing their best to **** it up, no points in the 2nd half

• Advertisement

Davei141 wrote: »
    Aus over 27.5, England over 26.5, Ireland over 27.5 and NZ France over 40.5. England doing their best to **** it up, no points in the 2nd half

Traditionally France v NZ has been low enough scoring...

sydthebeat wrote: »
    Traditionally France v NZ has been low enough scoring...

I refuse to do any under bets, I find it spoils my enjoyment of the match so ill be cheering every score! In between them low scores has been a few high scoring games though so ill be hoping for one of them.

Davei141 wrote: »
    I refuse to do any under bets, I find it spoils my enjoyment of the match so ill be cheering every score! In between them low scores has been a few high scoring crackers though so ill be hoping for one of them.

Mind if i ask what odds you got on the above?

10/1 for the 4 bet accumulator.

Edit: It was 5/6 for NZ france game

England scoring with 3 mins left kills my Argentina HC.

Scotland scored 3 tries in last 10 minutes against a weary Japanese to kill my + 18 too.

ugh. Crossbars everywhere

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,069 ✭✭✭✭beertons

NZ -11 lads. Has it a chance?

beertons wrote: »
    NZ -11 lads. Has it a chance?

Quite likely I would say. It's probably odds on at any bookies.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭basillarkin

matthew8 wrote: »
    Quite likely I would say. It's probably odds on at any bookies.

Prob not, I'm on it for the last leg of my treble, had Ireland in the handicap and SA backed earlier

There is always the chance NZ will pull away but France have turned up so i wouldn't do it

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,069 ✭✭✭✭beertons

I'll be sweating for the next 40 minutes so.

Advertisement