Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Beetlejuice II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Niles

I really hope he does.

Burtons attitude flip is startling.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,926 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

According to various reports Tim Burton and Michael Keaton are in talks to make a sequel.

http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplaylist/tim-burton-actually-in-legitimate-talks-to-direct-michael-keaton-in-beetlejuice-2-for-warner-bros-20131021

I would have been excited about this if it was 1993 not 2013. And if Tim Burton had never discovered CGI. As it is, I kind of hope it doesn't happen.

No word yet on whether Robin Thicke will have to give the suit back.

miley_cyrus_vma.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,176 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

Ah no...the film was perfect for the time it was made in. If the sequel has stop motion animation in it that's a plus point. I think stop motion should make a comeback.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

beetlejuice.jpg

Wow, Burton has become that much of a hack he is even hacking his (albeit very limited) own work.
    IIRC there was a already a plan for Beetlejuice 2 and Burton was decidely dis-interested. So he came up with Beetlejuice Goes Hawaiian, in the hope of getting the studio off his back, but apparently they lapped it up.

Only for him getting stuck into Batman I imagine it would have been made.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Read today that Tim Burton has said he is up for making a sequel but has singed onto nothing yet as the script is in the middle of being written and is waiting to see what they come up with.

Starring Johnny Depp and Helena Bonham Carter as the dead couple and it doesn't matter who else as anyone else because they'll get all the screen time. In fact you can sit down, Michael Keaton, we're going to get a CGI Johnny Depp to play Beetlejuice as well.

we're going to get a CGI Johnny Depp to play Beetlejuice as well.

This time with a quirky English accent!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭jonnyfingers

I vote for the title to be Beetlejuice 2: Beetlejucier.

But seriously this does not need to be made. Love the first one and it ends pretty nicely. As much as I love the character and the premise there's no need for a sequel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,969 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Didnt really like the movie, but the cartoon spin off IMO was the best cartoon spin off since The Ghostbusters. Maybe I need to rewatch Bettlejuice. Its too late for a sequel if you ask me and it doesnt need to be rebooted. Has Tim Burton run out of ideas? Corpse Bride is one of my all time favourite movies, but really Tim. Im sure you can think of something else.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Beetlejuice Beetlejuice BEETLEJUICE!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

A Depp-less Burton movie, well this is the age of miracles!
    I'd be first in line as long as Keaton is in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

• Registered Users Posts: 12,957 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Well, well, well. Winona has apparently leaked some details to The Daily Beast:
    I'm kind of sworn to secrecy. But it sounds like it might be happening. It's not a remake. It's 27 years later. And I have to say, I love Lydia so much. She was such a huge part of me. I would be really interested in what she is doing 27 years later.

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

Beetlejuice helps Lydia dodge a stint in jail for shoplifting.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,537 ✭✭✭✭briany

I wish The Critic were still around, it could have some fun with this idea.

"Exclusive! Behind the scenes footage from the Beetlejuice sequel; Beetlejuice 2 : Beetle Harder....."

Keaton, standing on set in full Beetlejuice gear, head hanging down, muttering to himself,

"This, this isn't makeup. I've just aged horribly..."

Also, yeah, Tim Burton, his name reminded me of this little Kevin Smith anecdote where he disses Burton and Burton comes back with his own retorts. I don't know why but the idea of the gothy/Suessian Burton being all vindictive and angry is hilarious. Imagine him with his hair all teased, wearing black period clothing, pacing up and down a little room while his publicist types furiously at a computer,

"And another thing! Tell that fat f*** he's a *%%@in', cock @&%%** waste of *%%$%$$**!!!!"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Phoenix Park

beetlejuice.jpg

Only just noticed the background. Nearly cried :D

And here we are in the second half of 2015, and Winona Ryder has confirmed it's in the works:
    Um, I think I can confirm it, because Tim Burton did this interview — like, it was very hush hush, top secret … and then he was doing some press for Big Eyes and he did an on-camera interview and he said, ‘Oh yeah we’re doing it and Winona’s going to be in it,’ and I was like [shocked face].

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,303 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Does this mean we finally get to go to Hawaii? :P

Tim Burton says:
    The film is a go and has been approved by the Warner Bros. team, we have talked with the cast members we wanted for the film and they are all on board, this includes both Winona and Michael. We have the script in hand everything is in place all we need to do now is get ready to start filming.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,560 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

So when is this due to be released? Anyone know or seen any dates scheduled? Would have been nice if it was out this year.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Will be a few years off yet, still hoping it doesnt see the light of day. It will be a pile of poo and just a cash in on the name, tis the trend with these decades late comedy sequels :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,303 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Jurgen The German

I've no doubt that it will be re-booted or re-made at some point in the not too distant future.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,016 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

It’s slated to hit cinemas on 6 September 2024, Warner Bros. has confirmed with Jenna Ortega cast as Lydia Deetz’s daughter

Michael Keaton and Winona Ryder are on board to return

From Variety

• Registered Users Posts: 85,016 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

William Dafoe and Monica Bellucci rumoured to have joined also

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,736 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

Is he still going to Hawaii - we need to know!

Advertisement