Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Love/Hate [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

& when they do get eventually get caught, the judge will say to them, now i want the whole tooth/ i mean the whole truth!

they'll have to extract it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭downonthefarm

I dont think so, where did they get that cat, did they get a stray one or what.

how the hell did they get the squib on the cat?:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

NoClues wrote: »
    Ah here, I doubt any cat was really shot dead during filming?

I'd say it was a stunt cat, not that i'm a stunt expert in any way:D

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Brían F O'Byrne, who plays the detective cop introduced at the end there is a serious actor, genuinely (for those who haven't seen him) more than a match for Vaughan Lalor at his best. Will be interesting to see if the script gives him room to shine - going on the opening I think he will. He a small part in Intermission as the bus driver if that helps jog any memories.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭Mariasofia

He used to star in Coronation Street til RTE head hunted him :)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 246 ✭✭mrbrown69

School tomorrow?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭STB

twincamman wrote: »
    Was there really a need to shoot a cat?

a cat ?

Word on the street is that it took 10 takes. By my calculations they would have used 2 cats as the first one used up all 9 lives.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,970 ✭✭✭Lenin Skynard

ColeTrain wrote: »
    Was there a need to kidnap an innocent family? Probably not.

Was there a need to make a TV show at all? We could have just played twister or hungry hippos instead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Heard the main sub-plot this series will deal with the garda investigating the cats brutal murder

• Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭deise08

Scary to think things like that actually happening. kids wit guns.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭Conmaicne Mara

Brían F O'Byrne, who plays the detective cop introduced at the end there is a serious actor, genuinely (for those who haven't seen him) more than a match for Vaughan Lalor at his best. Will be interesting to see if the script gives him room to shine - going on the opening I think he will. He a small part in Intermission as the bus driver if that helps jog any memories.

Bus driver and the kid, that was hilarious :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭Nodferatu

Tommys not right in the head at all. What was the johnny cash song at the end??

• Registered Users Posts: 7,979 ✭✭✭Hitchens

how the hell did they get the squib on the cat?:rolleyes:
    CGI........it's in everything nowadays

• Closed Accounts Posts: 586 ✭✭✭devotional1993

Well average enough slow starter but liked Johnny Cash credits "the first time ever I saw your face"

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭Get Real

Whats all this comment on "no need for the cat to be shot"?

Its a crime drama, it depicts humans being shot, drug dealing, rape and prostitution. But there's a question about a cat?

The cat wasn't shot in real life.

It even said in the credits the whole "no animal was injured in the making....":rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,667 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

The boy from Mullagh has done well...

004MDB_Brian_F__O_Byrne_003.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,811 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

The young kid's cameo was very good. He looks like a real cold fecker of the future.
    Outside the nightclub - maybe it is a place they are racketeering and the cops are on to it???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

Was there a need to make a TV show at all? We could have just played twister or hungry hippos instead.

Is there a need to play board games? Probably not.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

twincamman wrote: »
    Was there really a need to shoot a cat?

yep...apparently he killed one of danos pigeons in season 3.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

dats_right wrote: »

Tommy plays the vegetable well

Was it necessary to refer to him as a vegetable?, I've known a few people over the years affected by head injuries and he played the part to perfection.

Very touching scene at the end when his GF visits him in his cell.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,667 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

Nodferatu wrote: »
    Tommys not right in the head at all. What was the johnny cash song at the end??

Roberta Flack "The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face". Love all versions of this song

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭NoClues

Love/hate cat for president.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,291 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Get Real wrote: »
    Whats all this comment on "no need for the cat to be shot"?

Its a crime drama, it depicts humans being shot, drug dealing, rape and prostitution. But there's a question about a cat?

The cat wasn't shot in real life.

It even said in the credits the whole "no animal was injured in the making....":rolleyes:
    I think its only considered an injury if he lives. So no animal may have been injured but a cat may have killed

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2 masked_man

hes been in tonnes of Hollywood movies in supporting roles

million dollar baby
    before the devil knows your dead

to name just two

really solid actor

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭downonthefarm

i think he was in oz for a while

• Registered Users Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭Imhof Tank

i guess the kidnapping was just a job, business as usual, no need to make a series about it...i hear they're actually going to depict the prophet mohammed in the next episode.

Would 800k not be more of a major score? Plus setting up the inside man must have taken long term planning

End of last season we were led to believe they would be kicking up big money to the RA, leading them to try riskier jobs like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

First the cat gets it, now there's a tiger kidnapping, is there a theme there?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,979 ✭✭✭Hitchens

Ally Dick wrote: »
    Roberta Flack "The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face". Love all versions of this song

except the drunken uncle's version that he insists on murdering at family weddings :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

He's been in some serious films and TV shows. Very good actor alright.

He will always be remembered for the IRA nutjob in Oz though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭OriginV

People saying it was no good this night? People do not get that you can not have someone being killed of every episode.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement