Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Love/Hate [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭K.C

Quality opening episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭downonthefarm

I hear that Frano rear ended a motorcyclist in real life when driving home from a party... I wonder will he say it was method acting...

legend:D

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭OriginV

One of the best things about Love/Hate has to be the amazing camera work, So well executed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭Conmaicne Mara

just starting now on rte+1 again for those who want to watch it a second time :p

Frantically searches channels to see if I have RTE + 1

• Registered Users Posts: 7,987 ✭✭✭Hitchens

OriginV wrote: »
    One of the best things about Love/Hate has to be the amazing camera work, So well executed.
    executed......................bingo! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

legend:D

Because he rear ended a motorcyclist?

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭NoClues

Lock Knife wrote: »
    Disjointed snoozefest

I actually thought the opposite, everything in that episode (the tiger kidnapping, which will probably result in tommy leading the police to nidge, etc) and then the dentist (setting up a new line of business for nidge's gang - racketeering). I'm fairly sure when the series is finished we'll see the relevance of everything in tonight's ep.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,536 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

I like the way it's taking more of a look at how they make their money, there was a an absense of that in the previous series.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 246 ✭✭mrbrown69

dfbemt wrote: »
    I'm sorry but I give episode 1 a 3 out of 10 with the 3 being for Frans mask

10 to the cat...played a cat that had been shot by a machine gun very well

impression.php?i=%7BB9A8F0ED-1703-4CE3-8374-0C2503E66374%7D&c=overlay&lm=1381095446875

• Registered Users Posts: 12,789 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

That was good.

This series will be all about paranoia and who is watching who.

Roll on next sunday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭ling-zing

extortion seems likes it gonna be the new racket

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

It's still good stuff, but it felt like it was Episode 2.... No background to the tiger kidnapping, nothing on Tommy's Lazarus like recovery, who the f**k are those kids.... I think most people would have spent most of the episode trying to work out what is going on..

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

delaad wrote: »
    Voice over comment: "the boys are back next week". Just a bit inappropriate?

Tune in next week for more whacky aventures with nidge weasel and his merry men

• Registered Users Posts: 12,789 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

It's still good stuff, but it felt like it was Episode 2.... No background to the tiger kidnapping, nothing on Tommy's Lazarus like recovery, who the f**k are those kids.... I think most people would have spent most of the episode trying to work out what is going on..

That little lad with the machine gun was in it last year?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

NoClues wrote: »
    I actually thought the opposite, everything in that episode (the tiger kidnapping, which will probably result in tommy leading the police to nidge, etc) and then the dentist (setting up a new line of business for nidge's gang - racketeering). I'm fairly sure when the series is finished we'll see the relevance of everything in tonight's ep.

& when they do get eventually get caught, the judge will say to them, now i want the whole tooth/ i mean the whole truth!

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭twincamman

Was there really a need to shoot a cat?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,657 ✭✭✭Brussels Sprout

Why was Nidge scoping out that nightclub at the start or was he just using its carpark as a meeting point for Elmo?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭Shout Dust

twincamman wrote: »

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭dats_right

Got what it deserved!

Tommy plays the vegetable well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

mrbrown69 wrote: »
    10 to the cat...played a cat that had been shot by a machine gun very well

impression.php?i=%7BB9A8F0ED-1703-4CE3-8374-0C2503E66374%7D&c=overlay&lm=1381095446875

:rolleyes: wonder did the cat hear the cat cat cat cat of the gun :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,679 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

Good to see Brian F O'Byrne in it now. He was GREAT in the series Brotherhood (highly recommended) and he was the priest in Million Dollar Baby too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

That was very good, very very good.

Couldn't see a whole lot wrong there at all.

Poor ol' Tommy is f*cked, but great acting by his GF.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

Why was Nidge scoping out that nightclub at the start or was he just using its carpark as a meeting point for Elmo?

I think the gang were to meet there . After he saw cop he changed meet to Nadine's gaf.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

Afaik, meeting Elmo.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

i guess the kidnapping was just a job, business as usual, no need to make a series about it...i hear they're actually going to depict the prophet mohammed in the next episode.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

Was there a need to kidnap an innocent family? Probably not.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

I dont think so, where did they get that cat, did they get a stray one or what.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Stiltzkin

I really enjoyed the scenes beside Darren's grave. Showed a spark in humanity in Nidge when he looked like he was about to cry. The feels.. I also enjoyed the reappearance of some old characters.. Nadine, Donna, Martin from season 2, that gard that chased Darren, Lizzy, Dano etc. I think it was a good start to the season. There was comic relief provided by Tommy as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭Mariasofia

Gutted about Tommy. He used to be the sexiest after Darren.:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭NoClues

I dont think so, where did they get that cat, did they get a stray one or what.

Ah here, I doubt any cat was really shot dead during filming?

Edit - I doubt any live rounds were ever actually fired on set during filming of any series of love/hate.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement