Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Treve Treve Treve

Options
  • 06-10-2013 5:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭

The best horse in the world and the best filly for a long long time deserves her own thread.

The way she came around the field effortlessly and pulled herself through the field at about 1.50 in the video was very reminiscent of Pebbles' Champion Stakes

It's not often I get over excited about horses but this filly is top top top class

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭sonnky

Going to Oliver Brady now to have a crack at the triumph.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭Overthelast

What price is she for next yr's Arc? Just curious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

What price is she for next yr's Arc? Just curious.

Around 4/1 only 2/1 with WH who call her "unstoppable"

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭SRFC

Wouldnt get frankel off the bridle :pac:

UrbanSea wrote: »
    Around 4/1 only 2/1 with WH who call her "unstoppable"

I wouldn't put it past her winning it again. That was a class field and she destroyed them. She won't have the 3yo allowance but will retain the fillies allowance. Some breeding prospect down the line. Good to see new owners getting into the game and winning.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭Oscars Well.

She certainly justified that price tag of hers!

How much did she go for

• Registered Users Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭tryfix

Wise Dan?

She beat Orfevre by 5l at 1 1/2lb a length or 7.5lb - 3lb sex allowance = about 5lb superiority over a horse who has run up to 127 before, but if he ran to 127 today that would mean Intello ran to 126 and Kizuna to 123 with Panglai Pavilion running to 121 which would be a stretch for him.

So at best she ran to 131, and she more likely ran to about 128/129. Which would put her equal to and probably just a bit superior to Danedream's 128 Arc win and ahead of Zarkava's 127 win.

Would think she'll be rated at 129/130 by the International handicapper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭Oscars Well.

How much did she go for

It was reported Al-Thani paid in the region of 8million for her

What rating has Wise Dan? She was given a provisional RPR of 130. Seems very low I think

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭Bench Press

SRFC wrote: »
    Wouldnt get frankel off the bridle :pac:
    the "great" Frankel wouldn't get 12f in a horsebox

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭jimjamcos

A lot went wrong for her today and she still did it easily. Trainer also said during week that she's strengthening massively from race to race and with only a handful of runs to her name, she'll be a frightening sight next year.

Wise Dan was beaten on the polytrack in America last night which is disappointing as he too looked unbeatable..

He would be on his way back into the ring by the time this filly went by the furlong marker over 8 10 or 12 furlongs IMO,not to go off topic btw just saying.

What rating has Wise Dan? She was given a provisional RPR of 130. Seems very low I think
    Wise Dan's best RPR is 128.

His official rating is 129 which is real top drawer level.

Those RPR ratings are a bit dodgy. Frankel had an RPR of 143, yet he could only beat Nathaniel 4 1/4l.

Nathaniel RPR 127 would hardly have been good enough to beat Orfevre RPR 129 for 2nd today never mind be good enough to threaten Treve who finished 5l in front of Orfevre today.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,987 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

I wouldn't be sure Treve was the best horse running today.. Even is she is right out of the top drawer.. I just watched moonlight cloud again, and its laughable how she won that race. It was like a silly made for tv race coming from last 2 first against a load of donkeys, Except there was a Solid Group 1 performer in GLB with his favored conditions.

Unreal from Moonlight cloud but seriously GLB isnt a top notcher hes been lucky to win 2 grp 1s imo beating the likes of slade power and Hoof it in one and PENITENT and pintura in another one,treve is a better filly than Moonlight cloud imo

The Foret is probably the worst group 1 in Europe after the Prix Jean Prat. Gordon lord Byron is consistent but well below top class.

Treve hammered Intello and Intello was very close to Moonlight Cloud over a trip far below his optimum

aidankkk wrote: »
    I wouldn't be sure Treve was the best horse running today.. Even is she is right out of the top drawer.. I just watched moonlight cloud again, and its laughable how she won that race. It was like a silly made for tv race coming from last 2 first against a load of donkeys, Except there was a Solid Group 1 performer in GLB with his favored conditions.
    Moonlight Cloud was entitled to beat them like that and by even further.

She's a 122 OR horse running against GLB 114 and Garswood 111, add in the sex allowance of 3lb and that's 11lbs in hand of GLB and 14lbs she had today on Garswood beaten 3 lengths and a neck and there's nothing to get too hyperbolic about in that performance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭Bench Press

Ok.
    Frankel is a brit hype horse who was wrapped in cotton wool for his entire career, to suggest he would beat this filly at 12f in Paris today in the best race in Europe is nonsense

• Advertisement

Frankel is a brit hype horse who was wrapped in cotton wool for his entire career, to suggest he would beat this filly at 12f in Paris today in the best race in Europe is nonsense

Hardly nonsense ffs :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭jimjamcos

No point having such a debate really...she's only getting started while Frankel's finished. With a brave owner and trainer, Treve is going to get many more chances to enhance her reputation further next season. If she goes unbeaten and wins another ARC in the style of today before retiring then she'll definitely be as good as we've ever seen.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,338 Mod ✭✭✭✭convert

It's a race where a horse needs everything to go right for them, and even though Treve may not have got the run that the trainer wanted for her, she, for the most part, was out of trouble (apart from the 4 or 5 'bumps' she got from Doyle), and had a good run up the outside, even though not always preferable. And when she went, she really seemed to steal the march on the others, and she was gone before they knew what happened. A good winner, though. Be interesting to watch and see where she goes next season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,173 ✭✭✭hucklebuck

Frankel was overrated due to his trainer being a Sir and fighting cancer and Lord Grimthorpe being involved, to say Treve would not give him a race is akin to saying Sizing Europe is a lay proposition against Quito De La Roque and Rubi Light :rolleyes:

She is the best filly since Zarkava imo.

hucklebuck wrote: »
    Frankel was overrated due to his trainer being a Sir and fighting cancer and Lord Grimthorpe being involved, to say Treve would not give him a race is akin to saying Sizing Europe is a lay proposition against Quito De La Roque and Rubi Light :rolleyes:

She is the best filly since Zarkava imo.

Overrated because sir henry was battling get a grip ffs the most pathetic post ive ever seen on this forum,nice after timing btw re;Sizing.

Overrated because sir henry was battling get a grip ffs the most pathetic post ive ever seen on this forum,nice after timing btw re;Sizing.

Yes, exactly, a Knight Of The Realm and a Baron involved in the horse both who have done a lot for English racing, that is the wildest conspiracy of all times.

Lol about after timing, you posted you were laying him because he was 11, that is dumb

hucklebuck wrote: »
    Yes, exactly, a Knight Of The Realm and a Baron involved in the horse both who have done a lot for English racing, that is the wildest conspiracy of all times.

Lol about after timing, you posted you were laying him because he was 11, that is dumb

A serious cheap shot at the horse 14 races unbeaten,sure he only won them races because Henry had cancer :rolleyes:

Eh did I lay him? please bump my post there and read it properly before you go and make a fool of yourself.

Frankel is retired to stud, after a glittering career on the track hammering the living daylights out of all before him. It's testament to how bullet proof he was that people still feel the need to try to find non existant holes in him by making daft comparisons. I guess the same people are clinging to the hope he fails at stud to justify some warped view of his brilliant achievements on the track.

He's universally accepted as one of the greatest racehorses of all time. Hype?
    Frankly, that's absurd.
    Back to moonlight cloud. She bet GLB,
    who has a recent Grp 1 on his cv. The rest of the field were average enough. Treve hammered a field full of champions and multiple group 1 winners. If you put her up against inferior opposition like moonlight cloud faced today, Treve would have won on the bridle.

A serious cheap shot at the horse 14 races unbeaten,sure he only won them races because Henry had cancer :rolleyes:

Did I say he was crap or his rating was inflated possibly due to outside infleunces?

Harbinger was trained by a Sir too and Timeform gave him 140, would you rate him as good as Sea The Stars, Shergar or Dancing Brave?

Anyway I think Treve is smashing and I hope she stays in training

• Advertisement

Frankel is retired to stud, after a glittering career on the track hammering the living daylights out of all before him. It's testament to how bullet proof he was that people still feel the need to try to find non existant holes in him by making daft comparisons. I guess the same people are clinging to the hope he fails at stud to justify some warped view of his brilliant achievements on the track.

He's universally accepted as one of the greatest racehorses of all time. Hype?

I said I thought he was too generously assessed by Timeform, not knocking the horse.

Advertisement