Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Treve Treve Treve

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭Gregk961

Cirrus Des Aigles was a decent horse, he's old now, ancient for a flat horse. This 'Treve wasn't fit' is a load of bollocks, it was a 250k grade 1.

He has still been consistently rated as one of the top 3 horses for the last 3 or 4 years and on his day can beat almost anything.

In hindsight the result isnt as much of a shock as I first thought, no doubt its taken some gloss off Treve though

• Registered Users Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Treve wouldn't see which way Zarkava went

Can't be having that man, Treve won a much stronger Arc, 3 Derby winners a Prince of Wales and Eclipse winner in the field. She made a horse rated 130 look like a tree when winning at Longchamp in October. This filly won't be beaten again this season, that 2/1 for the Prince of Wales is a gift she should be odds on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭tryfix

Video of the race, looks like she just got a bit tired at the end. Don't think the jockey was too hard on her.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

Sweet high five between the two lads after the line too.

Head on worth watching- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKgI8cGsUYk

Great race.

What do you's make of her run yesterday lads, its hard to now whether the trainer had her fully wound up for the run with the Arc only a few weeks away and the jockey wasn't overly hard on her, but you've got to be disappointed that she didn't win. A lot of question marks over her but 8/1 is very tempting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Gringo180 wrote: »
    What do you's make of her run yesterday lads, its hard to now whether the trainer had her fully wound up for the run with the Arc only a few weeks away and the jockey wasn't overly hard on her, but you've got to be disappointed that she didn't win. A lot of question marks over her but 8/1 is very tempting.

She doesn't look half the filly that she was last year. Too many excuses being made for her defeats, apart from the obvious that she hasn't trained on as well as they thought she might.

She doesn't look half the filly that she was last year. Too many excuses being made for her defeats, apart from the obvious that she hasn't trained on as well as they thought she might.

She was sensational last season and ran an absolute cracker on her comeback run only going down a neck to a race fit Cirrus Des Aigles. She didn't look to travel whatsoever in the POW stakes and yet wasn't beaten far on ground and a trip that you would think would of been unfavourable. Her trainer is no fool and I don't think she was anywhere near 100% fit yesterday with her main target a few weeks away. I think she is worth another chance, this is a very special filly imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

She was sensational last season and ran an absolute cracker on her comeback run only going down a neck to a race fit Cirrus Des Aigles. She didn't look to travel whatsoever in the POW stakes and yet wasn't beaten far on ground and a trip that you would think would of been unfavourable. Her trainer is no fool and I don't think she was anywhere near 100% fit yesterday with her main target a few weeks away. I think she is worth another chance, this is a very special filly imo.

She'll have to be very very special to win back-to-back Arcs. Montjeu couldn't do it, amongst others, and she's without a win from three starts this season, after looking virtually unbeatable as a 3yo.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

She has regressed since last year. Cannot see her making the frame.

BumperD wrote: »
    She has regressed since last year. Cannot see her making the frame.
    That's a huge problem, horses that win the Arc are progressive, have won big races that year like Oaks and Derbies or the King George. Even Solemia the surpise 33/1 2012 winner had gone from listed winner as a 3yo to GP2 winner as a 4yo and placed 3rd in the Vermeille.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

The way she won that race before the arc trials last year smashing the course record was so impressive, then she accelerated twice in the trials followed by the stunning arc performance. Downhill since I'm afraid. I knew when I saw blinkers being applied that all was not right.

Best filly ever!!

Best filly ever!!
    Best horse ever! Frankel my eye.:D

This filly is the best theres ever been, have never seen a turn of foot like hers for a middle distance horse truely electrifying to watch.

Machine :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

UrbanSea wrote: »
    Around 4/1 only 2/1 with WH who call her "unstoppable"

Hahaha! 12s today!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭paddyisreal

What a horse .... best i have seen. Beat a field full of derby winners , oaks winners on the bridle. Great to see

What a horse .... best i have seen. Beat a field full of derby winners , oaks winners on the bridle. Great to see

Absolute aeroplane this filly is. Trainer said she still wasnt even 100%. What a champion we wont see another one like her for a long long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

Seriously.

Tree was brilliant but to say she's better than STS and Frankel is a bit much. And don't take that to mean I'm saying they're better than her.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,338 Mod ✭✭✭✭convert

A fantastic performance from a brilliant mare. An absolute privilege to watch.

C4 did a small reminiscent piece on STS during their broadcasting, and it served as a reminder just how great he was.

I'm still not a fan of comparing horses or the saying 's/he's the best of our time' because it's impossible to compare them unless they actually raced together. Instead, I think we should just sit back and enjoy and appreciate some of the best athletes we'll see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,744 ✭✭✭diomed

It was a privilege to see such a historic performance by Treve.

She was the seventh horse to do the double since the race began in 1920.
    In The Arc: The Grand History of the Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe by Arthur Fitzgerald there are detailed race reports.

year__name______sex__age

1921__Ksar_______M___ 3 (12 ran; odds 115/10*)
    1922__Ksar_______M___ 4 (11; 3/10)
    1930__Motrico_____M___ 5 (10; 83/10)
    1932__Motrico_____M___ 7 (15; 38/10)
    1936__Corrida_____F___ 4 (10; 4/5)
    1937__Corrida_____F___ 5 (12; 1/1) short head
    1950__Tantieme___M___ 3 (12; 5/2)
    1951__Tantieme___M___ 4 (19; 17/10)
    1955__Ribot______M___ 3 (23; 88/10)
    1956__Ribot______M___ 4 (20; 6/10)
    1977__Alleged____M___ 3 (26; 38/10)
    1978__Alleged____M___ 4 (18; 14/10)
    2013__Treve_____F___ 3 (17; 9/2)
    2014__Treve_____F___ 4 (20; 144/10)
    * ? a printing error as he was favourite, probably 11/10. Next in the odds was 23/4.

Most of the double winners won both races easily.
    The exceptions were Motrico's second win, where he had a struggle, and Corrida's second win where she found traffic problems and got in the clear late.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭cack_handed

Nulty wrote: »
    Seriously.

Tree was brilliant but to say she's better than STS and Frankel is a bit much. And don't take that to mean I'm saying they're better than her.

Totally agree. It was a great performance, special even, but some of the hype that has accompanied it has been excessive

Maybe it's the pedant in me, but I'm curious to know how this was a "historic" victory? I've read a lot of news reports and best I can make out is it was the first victory for a Qatari owned horse

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Peintre Celebre

I don't think people truly appreciate just how hard it is to win an arc. Doing it back to back is an outstanding achievement and I don't use that term lightly. Just look at the names of some of the horses who couldn't win an arc over the years, Montjeu couldn't do back to back and he's one of the greatest middle distance horses we'll be likely to see

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,338 Mod ✭✭✭✭convert

So Galileo may be the first stallion for Treve....

http://www.irishracing.com/news?prid=80787&headline=Treve-basks-in-adulation-

convert wrote: »

Shur why not :)

Bit surprised. Treve to Dubawi

Middle eastern match making

I'd say as soon as the trainer mentioned her going to Galileo, there was a phone call and an "offer" made that couldn't be refused.

It's a good mating, he's probably the second best she could go to. Dansili would have been a nice match with a bit more speed being added to the mix.

Think Rip Van Winkle would have been a cracking match for her but he's not in that league and Mastercraftsman would be another that'd produce a decent racehorse from her.

Wonder will they send her to their own Ruler Of The World at some stage?

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭Paulownia

Isn't Criquette something else?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭paddyisreal

was just reading the book of mares dubawi has covered this year, massive improvement on what he covered previously. they include Beauty Parlour, Dar Re Mi, Ghanaati, Golden Lilac, Great Heavens, La Collina, Look Here, Natagora, Nightime, White Moonstone and Zee Zee Top. Should be a couple of good ones there in the future.
    Galileo is a son of sadlers wells and she is great grand daughter . what are the rules here in regards to bredding ?

• Advertisement

I could be very well wrong here but don't they count inbreeding as the same sire within four generations. This is a very specific one I'm sure I read a piece on inbreeding on blood horse. That said it may fall under the definition but there are much closer inbreedings going on nowadays

Advertisement