Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA V - Arrrgghh's!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,042 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Garseys wrote: »
    I got hit by a police car today as a pedestrian, recieved a one star wanted level instantly. Your fault coppers for hitting me.

It can be a bit ridiculous at times. I went to make myself a cup of tea last night and never paused the game. Was just standing on a footpath.. someone must have called the cops on me because when I came back I was outside of a police station :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Triathlon number three.

R-Doyle89 you bastard! Beat me by 0.8 seconds! I would have had the record if I didn't crash and fall of the bike :( 30 minute race, no way am I doing it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,472 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Was doing one of the later mission that involved accessing a computer, the thing just froze like there was something meant to happen but nothing did, no matter which icon on the computer I used nothing happened.

And it was before I sold some shares so now the price has gone a bit down. :(

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Triathlon number three.

R-Doyle89 you bastard! Beat me by 0.8 seconds! I would have had the record if I didn't crash and fall of the bike :( 30 minute race, no way am I doing it again.

26.40 :D

I lost my right hand in the process though :pac:

No idea how the top guy did it in 25.02 though, must be a modded controller he used!

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    26.40 :D

I lost my right hand in the process though :pac:

No idea how the top guy did it in 25.02 though, must be a modded controller he used!

Fair play. I was thinking 27 would be about the best you could do without some sort of cheating.

Who did you use? I went with Franklin but he is hopeless at swimming.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Fair play. I was thinking 27 would be about the best you could do without some sort of cheating.

Who did you use? I went with Franklin but he is hopeless at swimming.

Trevor.

Full bar stamina and strength, not sure if the latter means little for a triathlon though and nearly full for driving. Nearly four bar lung capacity.

Franklin for me has the best stats overall since I play with him the most though.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Lack of speedometer, its the 1st mod i get when they come on PC.

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Lack of speedometer, its the 1st mod i get when they come on PC.

So 2016? :p

Flying school number eight. Just missed it by .04 seconds, then .02 :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 701 ✭✭✭Paco Rodriguez

I find everything is easier this time. Missions are too easy, races are too easy....and im not great. Never won a race in gtaiv but this time i win races even after spinning out twice.

The fact that you cant attach trailors to lorries is stupid given you have to do it in a mission.

Also that passengers run from the taxi if you are obeying red lights.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

I find everything is easier this time. Missions are too easy, races are too easy....and im not great. Never won a race in gtaiv but this time i win races even after spinning out twice.

The fact that you cant attach trailors to lorries is stupid given you have to do it in a mission.

Also that passengers run from the taxi if you are obeying red lights.

You can attach some trailers. Look for ones without the red lock bar at the front.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,136 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Last triathlon is ridiculous alright. Especially how other cyclists can completely slingshot past you. Coming into the city I was in second place and the person in first crashed, so I had a huge lead

...for about 20 seconds when three of them flew past me, one of them taking a huge lead. Still won, but really frustrating. I wouldn't mind but I'd just done the first two triathlons before it and had to give up my first try of the last one not long into the cycling stage as I thought I could take a sneaky shortcut and hop over a road barrier. Forgot you can't hop on those bikes. I went over the barrier, just without the bike :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Simply Red

Spent hours looking for a Vapid Dominator (Mustang), finally found one and drove it all the way to Franklins garage, made it to the road the garage is on, crashed into a fruit stand, thrown through the windshield and die, fml

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Shifty Shellshock

The strangers and freaks mission looking for Submarine parts is some balls. Took me over an hour to do and you can't do anything else until you get all 30 parts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭Days 298

I always shoot the passenger thinking he's the driver. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 33,136 ✭✭✭✭Penn

The strangers and freaks mission looking for Submarine parts is some balls. Took me over an hour to do and you can't do anything else until you get all 30 parts.

You can stop at any time. It's not a mission or anything, you can just walk away and do anything else.

Though it is far easier to do as many of them together as you can.

I'm doing it in chunks. Think I have ten so I'll try and keep it in groups of 10. Got attacked by a shark when looking for the second piece :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Wooden Jesus

I'm doing it in chunks. Think I have ten so I'll try and keep it in groups of 10. Got attacked by a shark when looking for the second piece :pac:

Use the dingy you get when you buy the sonar collections dock. It shows all the submarine piece locations on the map and you get diving gear with it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

Considering the starting point of the dinghy I'd say you'd be better off getting the next twenty in one swoop, it'd probably save you a wee bit of time!

I enjoyed it, it does feel tedious because it's slow, but you get to explore some pretty cool shít and there's some special niceties hidden down there aswell!

Use the dingy you get when you buy the sonar collections dock. It shows all the submarine piece locations on the map and you get diving gear with it

That's how I was doing it. I was diving down and looking for the actual piece when a shark came along. He was faster :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭Kxiii

I bought the dingy to get the sonar and the scuba gear, but used the sub to collect all the underwater parts and barrels in one go. I had to get out of the sub for a few pieces but it always just returned to the surface.

Stunt jumps are a pain in the arse

• Registered Users Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

Saw a car earlier on that I REALLY wanted to steal (not sure of its name), so I jumped out of my car and ran towards it. As I'm running I bump into a cop and he promptly shoots me in the face. Bastard.

Took me hours to see the same type of car again. When I finally did, I whipped out my gun to stop the driver who panics, sticks me to the bonnet and drives off an overpass.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

Yeah, it's a real pisser when you're in a cracker of a vehicle, only to get wasted. Best thing to do maybe is get the car to your safe house, then save before doing anything wild.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Racing - Getting pipped at the last second because you bumped slightly into a street lamp! FUU!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Oh my God, thank you so much for saving me! Could you give me a ride home?

Sure, where you live?

Paleto Bay!

RageFace-rage-face-meme-funny-fffffuuuuu-meme-fuuu.jpg

Stupid amounts of driving miles into the country. Happens about 5 times too often.

Oh my God, thank you so much for saving me! Could you give me a ride home?

Sure, where you live?

Paleto Bay!

RageFace-rage-face-meme-funny-fffffuuuuu-meme-fuuu.jpg

Stupid amounts of driving miles into the country. Happens about 5 times too often.

Take them to the cult! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭Kaiser D

I would have liked the option to organise my own heists after I have finished the story.

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭shamelessidiot

What's up with the cops... do they even try to arrest you anymore?

I was walking around outside of Los Santos Airport yesterday and accidentally bumped into a cop. He started yelling and following me and then when I went to walk away he basically just blew my head off with a shotgun.

Talk about police brutality! It is kind of hilarious though..

I was just stood beside one of them before out in Blaine County (I had been in the hospital) and all of a sudden she was shooting me. Safe to say I blew her up with the grenade launcher.

:D

• Advertisement

That 3rd triathlon :mad: 20 minutes in and I ran over someone so the race was forfeited. My arm is about to fall off for nothing

Advertisement