Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA V - Arrrgghh's!!

• 20-09-2013 9:55am
    Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,418 ✭✭✭✭

So, what annoys you about GTA V? Overall the game is great (as said by nearly everyone), but as with all games, there are a few things that just annoy me, and nearly have me turning off the console! (I said nearly!).

Climbing walls - No, i dont want to just head first into it and lad on my arse. I wanted to climb it!

Inconsistency with structures - Driving at slow speed and hit a pole. Over it falls, and off I drive. Driving at full speed and hit another pole, doesnt move and my car bounces around the place.

Randomly getting stuck against things - Similar to above, I find myself getting wedges against small things, that any vehcile could easily push away/driver over. (This happened last night on a set of steps. Car refused to drive over them as the police were chasing me).

Camera angle getting stuck - Hiding in a corner/driving beside a wall, I sometimes cant move because I cant see where I am. The camera gets stuck due to the structure Im against, and the camera just twirls about over head.

Not that gun THAT gun - Big gunfight against the police. Running low on amma, and decide to change weapon. Jumps off the chosen one at the last minute and end up bringing a knife to a gun fight (literally)

Psychotic drivers - I know this is part of the fun, but the amount of times Ive been stopped and end up getting hit by a car and then being run over. Its not a case of me jay walking, its just more so a lack of physics and common on the roads.

Immune to bullets, no so much hills - I get shot a few times, health is low but I survive. Later on, I run up a hill, somehow fall, and become a horizontal gymnast, rolling down and getting badly injured (to the point of dying).

I think Ill have a lie down - Similar to above, you fall down and decide to have a little nap whilst police are shooting at you. It takes way to long to stand back up sometimes!

As I play more, small (and I do stress small) things are bugging me.

So what are the things that annoy you in the game?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Dfmnoc

Can't hook machinery up to tractor

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭intellectual dosser

antodeco wrote: »
    So, what annoys you about GTA V? Overall the game is great (as said by nearly everyone), but as with all games, there are a few things that just annoy me, and nearly have me turning off the console! (I said nearly!).

Climbing walls - Yep happens to me, feel like an awful tit.

Inconsistency with structures - If my memory serves me right this was in previous games. Lampposts fall over but telephone poles dont.

Not that gun THAT gun - I've found this difficult too - in fact I often find myself putting a gun away when I need it most!

I think Ill have a lie down - Yes!

I think most of the above just requires getting used to.

I've noticed in the early missions where you're racing or trying to evade someone they seem to throw a heap of traffic. For example a car creeping out of a laneway just as your about to fly by. I don't mind the challenge but it seems like overkill in some of the missions - very frustrating when you fall victim to it!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Shooting while driving :mad:

May as well close my eyes and hope for the best!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

shooting and driving is a nightmare, any time i concentrate on aiming i crash the car/pick up, sometimes driving is easy but in a race or cops chasing the car goes all over the place, wooden fences seem to be turned into reinforced concrete

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭PeteK*

Flashing lights without the blaring sirens would be a nice addition!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Loughc wrote: »

Was just about to post that myself, you have barely any control over it, and can't aim without firing, I'm just emptying bullets at nothing until the target moves over what I want

• Registered Users Posts: 25,057 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

What's up with the cops... do they even try to arrest you anymore?

I was walking around outside of Los Santos Airport yesterday and accidentally bumped into a cop. He started yelling and following me and then when I went to walk away he basically just blew my head off with a shotgun.

Talk about police brutality! It is kind of hilarious though..

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭frisbeeface

There's too much to do! I end up driving around for ages trying to decide what to do next.

The driving and shooting thing is awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

I was walking around outside of Los Santos Airport yesterday and accidentally bumped into a cop. He started yelling and following me and then when I went to walk away he basically just blew my head off with a shotgun.

Did something stupid yesterday with Trevor no less! Walked out of the hospital walked up to car not realising it was a cop car and jacked it while the officer in the passenger seat started shooting me - was fun!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

There's too much to do! I end up driving around for ages trying to decide what to do next.

The driving and shooting thing is awful.

Seriously? :confused:
    Thats your biggest gripe? :eek:
    You this is a GTA Game and not like Halo or something more linear.
    In fact the layout of this game intentionally is sturctured so you DON'T get overwhelemed by stuff to do. At no point in the game have I found myself with more than 4 missions for a character and more than 8 missions between the 3 Characters.... and that counts those 3 parter missions (collect all the X, steal all the Y, where each part shows up as a mission each).

My biggest gripe is jumping into walls.... Although It does make me laugh :pac:

Also I went to the cinema twice, found the movies (loneliest robot and the black and white art house one) hilarious, but can't seem to find a 3rd film

Why do I need to buy guns/cars when you just get awesome guns anyway and Infernos/Banshee are a dime a dozen :)

Oh.... so NOW I need to drive 5 miles north again :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭eggy81

krudler wrote: »
    Was just about to post that myself, you have barely any control over it, and can't aim without firing, I'm just emptying bullets at nothing until the target moves over what I want

This. Why can't you aim the ****ing gun before pulling the trigger instead of holding the trigger and trying to correct your aim while driving with a tiny aiming reticule. It's a ridiculous system. Nothing else really bugging me yet apart from that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

eggy81 wrote: »
    This. Why can't you aim the ****ing gun before pulling the trigger instead of holding the trigger and trying to correct your aim while driving with a tiny aiming reticule. It's a ridiculous system. Nothing else really bugging me yet apart from that.

The drive-by shooting mechanic actually worked well in GTA3 12 years ago. Dont know how they cocked it up so bad here. Its next to useless.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Agricola wrote: »
    The drive-by shooting mechanic actually worked well in GTA3 12 years ago. Dont know how they cocked it up so bad here. Its next to useless.

I might be wrong here.... but back then could you not only shoot perpendicularly to the car window? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

Cormac... wrote: »
    I might be wrong here.... but back then could you not only shoot perpendicularly to the car window? :confused:

Yeah and you could actually shoot and hit something! It was primitive but it worked, you can't hit shít in this game I find.
    The missions where you are Michael following the towed yacht was the worst. I couldnt hit the guy fighting Franklin for the life of me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

Use your special power, majority of the chases where you need to kill people are Franklin's so just slow time and shoot out the tyres or hurl a sticky bomb out the window.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,981 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Ambulance showing up, realising the person is dead and then just leaves the dead body there

When trying to tow a car and a car inexplicably decides to drive right into you and knocks it off

• Registered Users Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭fjon

Stars take way too long to lose. You could be waiting a few minutes with 1 star, even if not in line of sight of cops.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Very true not once have I got busted now that I think of it. I only get Wasted by the cops. Weird that, I wonder is that a glitch or are the jails full in Los Santos haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Very true not once have I got busted now that I think of it. I only get Wasted by the cops. Weird that, I wonder is that a clitch or are the jails full in Los Santos haha.

I was walking down the road and the copa afre chasing this guy in a car, they stop him shot him and kill him.

I hop in his car and get busted on the spot, was the first time I've got busted, as soon as it gets to 2 stars they seem to go with the shoot first ask questions later motto.

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭Beer Assistant

Flight school drove me mad

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,191 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Only thing that really bugged me was in missions with two or three of the protagonists where there's a shoot out, I'd be playing as Franklin (as he's the worst shooter) using a fully modded assault shotgun, pretty much kills everything in one hit. Then I've to switch to Trevor for something. Do that. Switch back to Franklin and he's using a worse gun, meaning I've to go in to the weapon wheel and select it again. It's not the worst of problems but when it happens 3 or more times in one shoot out, it becomes a bit frustrating.

On the issue of there not being a lot of cops around, I think it's a good thing to be honest. It was always annoying in previous games where you accidentally hit a random police car (especially after you'd just lost them as part of a mission) and end up being chased again. Less police means less annoyance by the police (especially as it takes longer to lose them now). Plus, I can't remember ever being arrested in GTAIV. Even if they caught you with your hands up you could still make a run for it. Nearly always ended up escaping or being killed rather than arrested.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Flight school drove me mad

The chopper course, grrr, fly faster! the plane ones are all fine up unti then, the sideways flying was a bit tricky but once you just push R1 or L1 so its the opposite of whatever side you're on it's grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

go into the game settings and switch on complex crosshair.

After that it is just moving the screen to where you want the crosshair and fire. On top of this if you do a snap shot reasonably close to your target, it will auto aim on the shot (relative to how good the character can use a gun).

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Jacks Smirking Revenge

The ****ing cops are ridiculous.

I'm on the mission where you
    have to steal the "Humane" truck
    , and at one point I could literally not get away from them as the computer was mimicking my movements, making it impossible....then I died....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭jd007

Is it possible to hook trailers up to trucks or do you just have to find one driving around that has one attached already?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,088 ✭✭✭sean1141

you can hook them up

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

jd007 wrote: »
    Is it possible to hook trailers up to trucks or do you just have to find one driving around that has one attached already?

I don't think you can. You detach a trailer from a truck alright.

Not being able to drive the trains is a bit of a disappointment for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭bladebrew

It's a great game, it's just the cops that drive me mad, the one star is simple too lose but once you get a helicopter after you your fecked, I had a 3 star wanted level and after 5 minutes of mayhem I found a spray shop and it said "lose the cops" wtf use is that!
    I also thought I was a genius taking out a police helicopter by shooting the pilot with a sniper rifle, it did work but they sent 2 helicopters after me then!! And with a 4 star wanted level I eventually got killed!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

bladebrew wrote: »
    It's a great game, it's just the cops that drive me mad, the one star is simple too lose but once you get a helicopter after you your fecked, I had a 3 star wanted level and after 5 minutes of mayhem I found a spray shop and it said "lose the cops" wtf use is that!
    I also thought I was a genius taking out a police helicopter by shooting the pilot with a sniper rifle, it did work but they sent 2 helicopters after me then!! And with a 4 star wanted level I eventually got killed!

Head for the city with helicopters. The tall buildings and over/underpasses and tunnels make it easier to lose them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

antodeco wrote: »
    Not that gun THAT gun - Big gunfight against the police. Running low on amma, and decide to change weapon. Jumps off the chosen one at the last minute and end up bringing a knife to a gun fight (literally)

Advertisement