Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

GTA V - Arrrgghh's!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,480 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Made a lovely custom car pumped over $100,000 into it, loaded up the game the next time car was gone and so was the money!!!!!! Would not mind if the car was gone and the money was back ****in raging I am. Was with Franklin, so my advice dont pimp the cars in case its a glitch you will just lose money.

For ~$350k you can buy a garage and customize everything for free as Franklin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

Varik wrote: »
    For ~$350k you can buy a garage and customize everything for free as Franklin.

If only I had 350k

• Registered Users Posts: 2,884 ✭✭✭DuckSlice

When you have to make your way through buildings shooting people is very frustrating.

When you are running it's impossible to run through tight places.

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭Randy Shafter

My gripe is when you call an ambulance to fix you up. It eventually comes and nothing happens! The medic doesn't come out and help you and they just drive off :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 25,057 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

If only I had 350k

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0NoAbCcxtO0

Easy way to make quick cash

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

etxp wrote: »
    When you have to make your way through buildings shooting people is very frustrating.

Those are my favourite missions.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Notorious97

Is it ok to leave a custom car in a safe house? Im currently trevor, just fully kitted out a car, can i leave it in wades cousins safe house? Or is there anywhere else it will be safe and not disappear?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,277 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Apparently the characters specific garages (the ones that cost $30k) are safe. Not the safehouse garages. Every single car I've stored in safehouses has disappeared, yet in the other garages, they're still all there.

One thing that I'd like to see introduced is what we had in IV, when you could leave the car's engine running when you hopped out. Would save me a bit of time and health not getting shot when robbing security vans.

aaronh007 wrote: »
    Apparently the characters specific garages (the ones that cost $30k) are safe. Not the safehouse garages. Every single car I've stored in safehouses has disappeared, yet in the other garages, they're still all there.

Only Franklin's original garage went missing for me. The rest have been fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭Kxiii

One thing that I'd like to see introduced is what we had in IV, when you could leave the car's engine running when you hopped out. Would save me a bit of time and health not getting shot when robbing security vans.

It would make gathering the collectables so much quicker if the engine in the chopper would keep running.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭who_me

One time when being chased while going flat-out, I checked behind me and the cars behind were fading into the distance. Great, I've lost them... but they're still shooting at me. Check again, and they're just behind me, but then fading into the distance. Weird, but at least I'm now losing them. Check again, and they're right behind me, then fading into the distance. I guess that answers how the chasing cars manage to magically stay behind you as you weave through tight spaces!

BAWSAQ never worked for me, never realised I had to be signed on to PSN. Grrrr. Probably lost a lot there. That's another thing - all the serious money I've made has been through random encounters. I shouldn't even bother with the main missions for making money.

Regarding parachuting:
    on the mission where you have to kill the guy at the top of the skyscraper: after several attempts I realised I had to kill the guy in the chopper(!!) I finally got him with a lucky shot, then tried to walk across the girders and did that awkward floppy fall and hit the next floor down and died. After several more attempts to kill the guy in the chopper, I finally do it again, carefully jump off the edge, perfect leisurely parachute glide all the way down... until I touch a pole about 2ft above ground - INSTANT DEATH. Back up and having to shoot the guy again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭ Jamison Strong Preschool

I was doing the first street race last night and had the initial chat with the guy. I had a motorbike with me at the time. I was told to go find a suitable vehicle so I jumped on my bike to go looking for a nice car. Pulled into the street and it was a total ghost town. I drove the around for a solid 15 minutes and there wasn't one moving car to be seen. At the side of the road there were two types of cars, a large SUV and the trans am lookalike. That was it.

I walked away from the bike, nothing. I then blew the bike up and nothing. Was extremely frustrating. Did it in the trans am and won but that was quite clearly a major glitch. I read that a similar problem happened to someone looking for a getaway car for the final mission too. Beware.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Isn't the first race right beside Franklin's house and you can get his white car from the garage? Pretty sure that's what I did because I was on the bike too when I activated the race.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

The lack of cars where Trevor lives.... g'aaarrghh!

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Basq wrote: »
    The lack of cars where Trevor lives.... g'aaarrghh!

But...quadbikes!

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Gi joe!

Great game, but there are a few annoyances that have cropped up.

1. Police wanted system. This is becoming an increasing annoyance. I'm sure everyone has committed a minor crime in the middle of nowhere, only for 2-3 cop cars to find you immediately. I once even had a police car appear on a trail halfway up Mt Chilliad. Wtf were they doing up there in the 1st place?

They also need to patch the duration of wanted stars, so that it increases for each progressive star. Having to wait 3-4 minutes to lose 1 star is getting really tedious at this stage.

2. The garage system. Granted they're going to patch the disappearing cars bug, so this should be sorted.

3. The helicopters handling are awful. The air turbulence is completely over the top. Its like they're drunk or something. This is strange as I don't remember this being an issue in the GTA 4 and it definitely wasn't a problem in the last gen games.

4. Why the hell does the jet's engine cut off after a couple of minutes? After about 10 trys I finally got one to the Airport in Los Santos(which I owned), only for it to cut out a few metres away from my hangar. Nearly threw my controller at the wall in frustration.

And where's my flamethrower dammit! :P

I agree about the 1 star levels being too much, it shouldn't be as much of a chore, you could outrun 1 star levels on foot in the previous games ffs.

It's easy to lose the wanted levels at one and two. Just find an alleyway or something and wait a minute or so. Never had to wait any longer than that unless I was spotted.

Apparently the characters specific garages (the ones that cost $30k) are safe.

Is there a way to get those free because I definitely didn't buy them?

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    It's easy to lose the wanted levels at one and two. Just find an alleyway or something and wait a minute or so. Never had to wait any longer than that unless I was spotted.

It's easier to just get out of the car and run up an embankment or something than get into a chase at times. losing cops out in the county area is piss easy at least

• Advertisement

krudler wrote: »
    It's easier to just get out of the car and run up an embankment or something than get into a chase at times. losing cops out in the county area is piss easy at least

The helicopters can be a bitch to lose. But other than that, I think it's perfect. They get harder to lose, but arent impossible. I much rather this to IV and especially to the III era system.

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    The helicopters can be a bitch to lose. But other than that, I think it's perfect. They get harder to lose, but arent impossible. I much rather this to IV and especially to the III era system.

The choppers aren't too bad in the city, overpasses and tunnels are your friend, out in the county they can be a pain unless you're near an airfield. I dont mind big chases with 3-4 wanted level, but when you see 4-5 cars arrive for a 1 star is a bit much.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

When a police car rams me, I get an instant 2 star.....

When you're replaying missions you obviously are trying to get or do it a certain way so why can't the have a restart checkpoint or restart mission without having to either kill yourself or reload and have to tend load the mission again. It would also be nice to have it normally as everyone here has gotten to the point where they know they're about to lose the race or whatever and just want to retry.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

IvySlayer wrote: »

I'm pretty sure it's 1 star for the initial crime, and 2 stars when you resist arrest. I assume you weren't being particularly compliant :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,408 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

The wanted system is my biggest problem with it, punched out a lone guy in the wilderness and received one star, had a 3 v 1 street fight in the city and got nothing:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

Wanted system is grand, very easy to lose a 4-5 star in the city, head to the aqueducts and learn the underground routes!

IvySlayer wrote: »

I bought a car in the police impound and scraped a police cruiser on the way out, I just wanted a cheap car wind up on a chase :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Garseys

I got hit by a police car today as a pedestrian, recieved a one star wanted level instantly. Your fault coppers for hitting me.

• Advertisement

krudler wrote: »
    I bought a car in the police impound and scraped a police cruiser on the way out, I just wanted a cheap car wind up on a chase :pac:

I'm not sure but I think there's you cars, if you leave a car somewhere and it's not there when you get back it's usually with the cops.

Advertisement