Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA V - Arrrgghh's!!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭LifeSaabItch

I don't think you can. You detach a trailer from a truck alright.

Not being able to drive the trains is a bit of a disappointment for me.

You can hook up some of them,. Look at the front as some have a red bar with a lock.

I actually found a tractor with a small plow attached on the beach, It was possible to unhitch it and then hitch it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,067 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Not being able to drive the trains is a bit of a disappointment for me.

Haven't really interacted with trains much yet, but that breaks my heart!

Derailing them was a joy in SA :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

Might sound like a silly gripe. But it annoys me that if you kick and stamp someone to death, they don't bleed.
    In fact, even if you stab someone, they don't bleed on the ground either.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Was under the impression you could do heists outside of the story , hard to find stores to rob/ transit vans , no banks to walk in a rob or anything

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

Soby wrote: »
    Was under the impression you could do heists outside of the story , hard to find stores to rob/ transit vans , no banks to walk in a rob or anything

Thats my only gripe, finished the story and wish there was more I could rob/heist

Loved the stealth at the start but it kinda disappeared in my opinion, wish there was more challenging stealth in it, however the story is fantastic and the gameplay is great so absolutely no problems with it it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭scottp68877

Soby wrote: »

You can actually rob stores like barbers and ammunations. When your walking out the door about halfway out it open your weapon wheel and then aim at the shop assistant. Kill them then go into the shop and shoot the cash register. It's a bit awkward alright do.

You can actually rob stores like barbers and ammunations. When your walking out the door about halfway out it open your weapon wheel and then aim at the shop assistant. Kill them then go into the shop and shoot the cash register. It's a bit awkward alright do.

You can rob liquor stores and 24/7s far easier and by design... I agree however that nothing compares to a proper heist, great missions to do.

You can hook up some of them,. Look at the front as some have a red bar with a lock.

I actually found a tractor with a small plow attached on the beach, It was possible to unhitch it and then hitch it again.

As far as I can see (so far, anyway), you can put a trailer on anything with a tow bar.

I came across a jeep towing a trailer with a boat on it last night. Stole the jeep and detached the trailer, and then re-attached it again (just to see if I could).

Then I went to a lake, and reversed the trailer into the water, and the boat floated up off it. Then I went for a little spin around in my boat.

I was actually surprised that the boat was a vehicle. I was expecting the trailer and boat to be all one solid piece (ie; that you can't interact with or such). I was surprised when the boat came off the back of the trailer in the water and began floating away. A very nice touch.

Will have to see if I can do anything of worth or fun with a car transporter truck now. Would be great if you could raise/lower the ramp on the back of it (to store cars or just use as a DIY ramp whenever you want).

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭limericklad87

Anyone leaning left when on a bike

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭Vincent Vega

When you get out of that vehicle you'd searched for hours to find in order to pick up some unwanted dollars beside a napping pedestrian.
    Turn your back for 5 seconds. *POOF!* vehicle vanished into thin air.
    I found this happens all too often.
    Despawning like nobody's bidness.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭Days 298

The police never bust. I was at the walking along and a car bumped into an officer and he blew the motorist brains out as she ran away.

You cant pull a gun out in a store easily. You can however pull it when leaving. The funniest Ive found is in ammunation is to drive a motorcycle in then out.
    The cashier pulls the gun and if you call the cops they actually have a mini shoot out

If the police are chasing you and if you drive like a madman you cant get away. I've literally weaved in and out against highway traffic, going through small gaps and they'll still nudge you unless you constantly do rear view then they crash further back, they are unstoppable unless you are in a sports car on the highway.

Hijacking a car is stupid. If you stand in front of it and aim they'll run you over but if the are travelling 30mph and you press Y as they pass they will stop and let you hijack them.

Asl when you are on the run the women on the cop radio will announce your car. Even if you drive for for a few minutes with no cops into the desert, hijack another car, kill the occupants and head back to the city they will still recognise you.

Shooting dot is tiny and unpredictable at best :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Days 298 wrote: »
    Shooting dot is tiny and unpredictable at best :mad:

Change it in the settings to a crosshair (labelled complex).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭Days 298

mikom wrote: »
    Change it in the settings to a crosshair (labelled complex).
    Cheers :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Gehad_JoyRider

fjon wrote: »
    Stars take way too long to lose. You could be waiting a few minutes with 1 star, even if not in line of sight of cops.

there easy
    Might sound like a silly gripe. But it annoys me that if you kick and stamp someone to death, they don't bleed.
    In fact, even if you stab someone, they don't bleed on the ground either.

you can money vans are taking money from petrol stations you can ob them...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

^^^^^^^^

Time to give the game a break my friend, you seem "tired."

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

A-Trak wrote: »
    ^^^^^^^^

Time to give the game a break my friend, you seem "tired."

The Junior Cert won't study itself ye know!

When you get out of that vehicle you'd searched for hours to find in order to pick up some unwanted dollars beside a napping pedestrian.
    Turn your back for 5 seconds. *POOF!* vehicle vanished into thin air.
    I found this happens all too often.
    Despawning like nobody's bidness.

If you park it legitimately they don't despawn!

Edit - if you "own" the car it should go back to the impound.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

The majority of the stuff mentioned I don't have an issue with.

I love the weapon the wheel, it was one of the things I really wanted.

Haven't found the aiming too bad either. A little tricky, but nothing major.

I haven't been busted in a GTA game in years. Always go out in a blaze of gunfire :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

I was near the end of a mission earlier [you have to land a plane at the end, using Trevor] - And something came up, i had to pause the game for a while - I had failed the landing a couple of times, so had it paused just as you come towards the land strip. When I came back to the game and un-paused it, a message came up, not thinking I hit A to carry on, and the mission had vanished! It must have asked did I want to end the mission or something?

That is a major gripe for me, the messages that pop-up [like when you're hammering along in a fast car] are hard to read, so you end up crashing while trying to half the time! And they go away too quick. You should be able to pause, read the pop up, then carry on.

And I'm playing on a 40" - with no eyesight issues ...

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭chickenboy

I was near the end of a mission earlier [you have to land a plane at the end, using Trevor] - And something came up, i had to pause the game for a while - I had failed the landing a couple of times, so had it paused just as you come towards the land strip. When I came back to the game and un-paused it, a message came up, not thinking I hit A to carry on, and the mission had vanished! It must have asked did I want to end the mission or something?

That is a major gripe for me, the messages that pop-up [like when you're hammering along in a fast car] are hard to read, so you end up crashing while trying to half the time! And they go away too quick. You should be able to pause, read the pop up, then carry on.

I think if you fail a specific portion of a mission three times it'll give you the option to skip it; I have a feeling that this is what happened here, although I don't know why pausing it would've failed you.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,516 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

You can read all the messages and dialogue from the Brief section in the pause menu. Usually once you fail a mission a few times you're given the option to skip with X, not A. You can simply replay the mission from the pause menu if you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

When you need to fly low in airplanes and you just skim the top of a tree. Wing breaks off. :mad:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,043 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Flight controls :mad: im not looking forward to flight school :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Game needs more heists, they're the only "fun" way to make real money.

The stock market is a brilliant touch but I'd rather hold up banks/jewellery stores then betting on the stock market.

It maybe something that comes down the line as DLC but at that stage I'd say people will have made enough money not to worry about money itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

That papparrazzi car chase mission aggggghhhhhhhh, why cant I just drive!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

You can't go into a lot of the shops. I realise this is probably a limitation of the current gen hardware, there's no way we could go into every second shop with the level of realism in the outside world.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Made a lovely custom car pumped over $100,000 into it, loaded up the game the next time car was gone and so was the money!!!!!! Would not mind if the car was gone and the money was back ****in raging I am. Was with Franklin, so my advice dont pimp the cars in case its a glitch you will just lose money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

I did the same put a load of money into a stolen car, parked it in Trevor's parking space it was there the next time I played and then gone the next, only had his pick up truck

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

It's a known glitch with the garages. Think it's okay if you use the proper garage rather than the safehouse garage.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

Read a theory online that if you invest in the taco company shares and sabotage the chicken company lorries your share will rise as the other company will be going broke, I spent three hours blowing up the lorries with sticky bombs and RPGs, avoiding cops and my shares went up 4 % and then came down so I only broke even, after putting in half a million
    Lots of people are saying how they made money in this

Advertisement