Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Breaking Bad Episode 15: Granite State

Options

Comments

Mousewar wrote: »
    FFS, we get it. A lot of people think it would be stupid if the final episode deals with Walt's relationship with a company that in many ways was the driving force behind his entire transformation. Let's take that as read and leave all the condescending posts out. We're BB fans, this is a BB thread, and we're discussing different BB scenarios - stop trying to make us sound stupid for doing so.

Ok, the person who you originally quoted with your reply, consider his reply the same as mine. I never once called anyone stupid or even implied that, chill the fúck out.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,002 ✭✭✭mad m

Great suggestions on whats going to happen in finale. I hope none of them are right and something totally different happens, something to have us all going "Holy $hite".....

Great tv, will miss BB.....

• Registered Users Posts: 28,441 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Nerdlingr wrote: »
    You'd be happy with Walt out in the sticks one episode and the next strolling down Main Street ABQ and nobody any the wiser as to how he got there?? If you like your plot developments like you like your swiss cheese then fair enough. Others would care to differ.

No but I wouldn't be that shocked if he

a) Just drove there. They have no idea if he has a car or not or where he would go or if it really was him in the bar. Don't think the country will go into lock-down.

b) Hopped on a plane with his new id.

I really don't think it's a big deal in the scheme of things. Flash forwards indicate he drove there in a New Hampshire car.

Also, the fact that Swiss cheese has holes in it doesn't make it less of a cheese than any other.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

If reports are to be believed, Walt Jr and Jesse are sharing a scene next week. How in the hell is that going to come about?

I think some people read too much into comments made by people involved in the show. It's possible that the scene with Walt Jr and Jesse was cut or will be an extra on the dvd. Walt Jr had little involvement in this series and probably didn't know how it would look when it ends up on tv.

That said, Jesse could blame Walt for the death of his family and if he escapes, that could be his reason for coming after Walt's family; anything could happen yet in the last episode.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭vitani

murpho999 wrote: »

a) Just drove there. They have no idea if he has a car or not or where he would go or if it really was him in the bar. Don't think the country will go into lock-down.

I really don't think it's a big deal in the scheme of things.

He told the girl in Denny's that it was a 30 hour drive if all you stop for is gas.

I presume he buys a car so there's no alert out on a stolen car.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

I really don't think it's a big deal in the scheme of things.

Also, the fact that Swiss cheese has holes in it doesn't make it less of a cheese than any other.

Its missing bits though, unlike a good block of stilton!! :)

I know what you're saying, in the grand scheme of things it doesnt matter, which it doesnt.. but just like him coming across the indian in the desert and buying his truck to move the barrel of money, i like to see these things, rather than say...him just turning up in the driveway with a beat up rust bucket wondering..."where the hell did he get that from?!!".

• Registered Users Posts: 9,543 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Nerdlingr wrote: »
    You'd be happy with Walt out in the sticks one episode and the next strolling down Main Street ABQ and nobody any the wiser as to how he got there?? If you like your plot developments like you like your swiss cheese then fair enough. Others would care to differ.

In the FF at the start of 5x01, he tells the waitress that he drove straight to ABQ from New Hampshire (or something along those lines) - i.e. pretty much without stopping. I'll need to check tonight to be sure, but it looks to me on clips available that he's wearing the same jacket in the bar as in the FFs. If we do start the next episode in ABQ, I think we're meant to assume he stole or bought a car at the bar and went straight from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,759 ✭✭✭P.Walnuts

From a purely story telling standpoint, I think its fairly likely that Jesse will be the only one coming out of the finale with any hope.

His character has been eating sh*t for the best part of a season now, I don't think i've ever seen a show where a likeable main character (to some, not me) hasn't had some form of redemption/vengeance on his tormentors. I would be astounded if his story ended being killed as a drug slave...

Most likely scenario's are being inadvertently rescued by Walter, and then killing him. Or else blowing up the lab with everyone in it, using knowledge Walter gave him.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

So what are the chances that the next episode will start where the first episode of this season started?

Or is my timeline way off?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭jd007

theteal wrote: »
    So what are the chances that the next episode will start where the first episode of this season started?

Or is my timeline way off?

Thats what I'm thinking aswell.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Ok I got it.

There simply has to be another Walt Jesse scene right. There just has to, I mean it would be unthinkable for there not to be.

The only person that can take Walt to Jesse is Lydia. The authorities don't know about her so Walt can contact her plus she knows where Todd cooks.

So Walt takes Lydia and makes her bring him to Todd.

God knows what happens then.

I'm going to spoiler tag this just in case, even though it doesn't contain any spoilers as such. There is no actual detail from the finale, but it's the director of 'Granite State' discussing the evolution of the Walter/Heisenberg character and what it may develop into in the finale in general terms, specifically in relation to the final scene in Granite State.

From http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/09/23/breaking-bad-granite-state-writer/:
    I can tell you the way I saw it: The way I see it is that Heisenberg is gone. He keeps trying to kind of evoke the ghost of Heisenberg, the thrill of feeling powerful, and it’s not there. It’s gone. It died when Hank died. It’s just not there. It died when he saw baby Holly. And then in the end, what is happening in my mind, and obviously we’re leaving it up to the audience to some extent, in my mind, what’s happening is he’s becoming something new. And it’s not Walter White; It’s not Heisenberg; it’s something new. And that’s what I think Dave Porter picked up on when he had that great variation on the Breaking Bad theme at the end. Dave and I both agree he’s sort of, in this episode, he’s becoming what he’s going to become, and we’ll find out what that is in the next episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭TheBrig

I just started laughing there imagining Vince Gilligan reading all of these predictions going 'nope, nope, nope, JESUS no'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭Torqay

I'm going to spoiler tag this just in case, even though it doesn't contain any spoilers as such. There is no actual detail from the finale, but it's the director of 'Granite State' discussing the evolution of the Walter/Heisenberg character and what it may develop into in the finale in general terms, specifically in relation to the final scene in Granite State.

I can tell you the way I saw it: The way I see it is that Heisenberg is gone. He keeps trying to kind of evoke the ghost of Heisenberg, the thrill of feeling powerful, and it’s not there. It’s gone. It died when Hank died. It’s just not there. It died when he saw baby Holly. And then in the end, what is happening in my mind, and obviously we’re leaving it up to the audience to some extent, in my mind, what’s happening is he’s becoming something new. And it’s not Walter White; It’s not Heisenberg; it’s something new. And that’s what I think Dave Porter picked up on when he had that great variation on the Breaking Bad theme at the end. Dave and I both agree he’s sort of, in this episode, he’s becoming what he’s going to become, and we’ll find out what that is in the next episode.

Oh great, enough of this Walter White/Heisenberg BS, after 61 episodes it's about time to develop an entirely new personality. A stroke of genius...

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

Did anyone else notice that the Breaking Bad theme music was played for the first time during an episode last night when Walt disappeared from the bar.

Seems oul Walt has finally broken bad and there is a shít storm on the horizon.

I predict a massive clear out just before he kicks the bucket.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

If reports are to be believed, Walt Jr and Jesse are sharing a scene next week. How in the hell is that going to come about?

I think that all of Jesse's suffering will serve to turn him into something he never was before - violent and capable of anything. If Jesse escapes, he's gonna hit Walt where it hurts: his family.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭Mousewar

Dolbert wrote: »
    I think that all of Jesse's suffering will serve to turn him into something he never was before - violent and capable of anything. If Jesse escapes, he's gonna hit Walt where it hurts: his family.

A scene with the three 'sons' would be interesting - Junior, Jesse, and Todd.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭conorhal

Its not that expensive. About €40 a bottle if I remember correctly. It comes in a great triangular shaped bottle though which is pretty cool, and distinctive. I think I saw Walt drinking it in his house in a previous episode.

Since Walt is prone to petty vengence for percieved slights that prick at his pride, perhaps that's how intends to resolve things his 'Grey Matter' partners? Send them a nice bottle of ricin laden scotch with a note that says 'sorry, I hope you can find it in your heart to raise a glass to me now that I'm gone...'

There's a 2 minute resolution to that plot thread. Cheers Walt! *Glug* Achk*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭conorhal

I assumed that it could be ingested.
    Oh well, mythbustser fail......

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭ezikel

he gets word to the Nazi's that GM know all about his empire including them and so the Nazi's go after GM and wipe them out. The ricin is for the Nazi's and the Euro dealer and Jesse. While he is there he finds Jesse in his cage....not sure what the outcome of that will be.

Final scene is his meeting with Skylar on his way to handing himself in. Before he gets the chance to turn himself in he gets shot by Marie

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

conorhal wrote: »
    Since Walt is prone to petty vengence for percieved slights that prick at his pride, perhaps that's how intends to resolve things his 'Grey Matter' partners? Send them a nice bottle of ricin laden scotch with a note that says 'sorry, I hope you can find it in your heart to raise a glass to me now that I'm gone...'

There's a 2 minute resolution to that plot thread. Cheers Walt! *Glug* Achk*

They are not going to drink/eat anything from Walter Walt after lying about his input into the company on national TV!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

Dempsey wrote: »

Hard to believe that Mike wasnt worried about Todd's Nazi connection! They are ruthless!

Yeah this was another subtle masterstroke by Gilligan. The way they didn’t worry Mike was he done Todd’s background check, and even the way Walt so calmly and confidently told Jack exactly how the prison hits were to go down, really created a bit of a false sense of security, made them look small time, they seemed nothing in comparison to Gus’ operation or the Cartel. I honestly thought going into this last 8 that it would be Declan’s crew as the “Big Bad”

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

I really don't know why people come here trying to pick holes in the plot.

Why did sherrifs go in?

How could DEA trace call?

How would they not recognise him with new glasses?

How did he get back to New Mexico.

Etc

The show has been pretty believeable throughout the entire serious and I really couldn't give a sh1te how he gets back to ABQ without being caught, it's what happens when he's there that matters.

Sometimes in shows gaps are just left due to time constraints and script choices having to be made, we do need to see and analyse every happening.

Just enjoy this television spectacle.

For some these little things break the illusion, their disbelief is no longer suspended.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

Very, very interesting. I'll defo have to rewatch the last scene. Possibly "turned" into some sort of saviour character now, or something much worse than Heisenberg ever was?

Mousewar wrote: »
    A scene with the three 'sons' would be interesting - Junior, Jesse, and Todd.

Yep, him making them breakfast would be great :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭Burky126

P.Walnuts wrote: »
    Most likely scenario's are being inadvertently rescued by Walter, and then killing him. Or else blowing up the lab with everyone in it, using knowledge Walter gave him.

I'd go for the latter,if Jesse does escape.It would be a great transformation to his character if he becomes just as cunning as Walt in the last episode as Walt has told Jesse since high school to "apply himself." We've seen the character grow so much - from coming up with the idea of using magnets to get rid of Gus' evidence to figuring out that Walt poisoned Brock.If there is any justice,Jesse will be the one to take down Walt as he is rightly the only one who can.

...Though this is BrBa so I wouldn't count on it.

• Advertisement

Dman001 wrote: »
    Very, very interesting. I'll defo have to rewatch the last scene. Possibly "turned" into some sort of saviour character now, or something much worse than Heisenberg ever was?

Saviour - of sorts - I think. Dramatically, I think it makes more sense to have a "positive" outcome. Remember, Season 4 was supposed to be the original end to the show, and that ended with Walt "winning" outright. I don't see him escaping death this time, but I think he'll redeem himself in some form with his family, and clear Skyler's name. Perhaps even somehow get them money. Jesse to live too, but not sure he and Walt will make up. All pure speculation of course!

Advertisement