Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Breaking Bad Episode 15: Granite State

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Kilkenny14

Great ending with the music - next week will be epic.

Also, loved how the writers managed to insert some levity into the episode with mention of 2 copies Mr. Magorium’s Wonder Emporium DVD

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

I can see the Nazis getting wiped out (maybe by the Feds) but due to an oversight Jesse is left to starve to death alone in his cage. Maybe the final shot of the series.
    Walt is certainly coming for Grey Matter. 'bout time too.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭begod

Bit of an emphasis on Lydia using Stevia, product placement or a hint on who the ricin is for?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭Rosy Posy

begod wrote: »
    Bit of an emphasis on Lydia using Stevia, product placement or a hint on who the ricin is for?

She always uses Stevia- its her thing. I liked that Todd has started drinking tea for her. The hair picking thing gave me the absolute creeps. I actually thought that scene was quite humerus, in that she was talking and gesturing with her hands and he was turning around in his seat- way more suspect than if they'd just sat down together. So Lydia's putting the pressure on to have Skyler topped- ruthless.

I felt very sorry for Skyler and Walt Jnr, hearing about their circumstances second hand and seeing how Jnr has been effected. It looks like there hasn't been a reconciliation between Skyler and Marie either if Skyler is having a neighbour look after Holly while she goes to work. I thought that the phonecall between Walt and Jnr was telling in that Walt is still focusing on the money and can't see the bigger picture. He makes a big song and dance about how its all for his family but at the end of the day his huberis wins out when his reputation is threatened by Gretchen and Elliot's belittling his professional contribution to Grey Matter, and perhaps to some extent, the suggestion that his meth is still out there being made by someone else to the same standard.

All in all quite a depressing episode, not even starting on poor Jesse's predicament, but with some stellar acting and development despite the slower pace. I love that we're going into the finale still not having a clue what's going on in the flash forward scene.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

I'm struggling to think of a gruesome enough end for Todd. I'm praying him and Uncle Jack go for a bath in hydrofluoric acid.

I'm can't really decide whether Jesse Plemons is a good or bad actor. He's never shown even a trace of character or emotion but somehow always manages to give a subtle little insight into what's going on in Todds messed up head. An example is his creepy smile when he heard Jesse talk about him killing Drew, he was more proud of killing the kid than he was concerned about the possibility of Jesse maybe having told someone about it. Creep!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭willmunny1990

I don't get this whole "poor jesse" thing. He is getting what he deserves.

Walt and jesse are both getting what they deserve imo, Walt has lost everything, rotting away alone in a cabin, family gone, money and empire all gone and the chances of the money he has left ever reaching his family are slim.

Jesse may not be as bad as Walt but he's still bad, the only innocent people in it at the moment are Jr, Marie and Holly.

I think the ending will be fairly straight forward, Walt comes back to hit the nazi group and maybe grey matter, he'll come across jesse while doing so and there will be a showdown between the two.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭begod

I don't get this whole "poor jesse" thing. He is getting what he deserves.

Walt and jesse are both getting what they deserve imo, Walt has lost everything, rotting away alone in a cabin, family gone, money and empire all gone and the chances of the money he has left ever reaching his family are slim.

Jesse may not be as bad as Walt but he's still bad, the only innocent people in it at the moment are Jr, Marie and Holly.

I think the ending will be fairly straight forward, Walt comes back to hit the nazi group and maybe grey matter, he'll come across jesse while doing so and there will be a showdown between the two.

Yes but who's the ricin for? Its killing me and still a week to go! Thank god it's over in a week because any longer and I think I'd be divorced.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭willmunny1990

begod wrote: »
    Yes but who's the ricin for? Its killing me and still a week to go! Thank god it's over in a week because any longer and I think I'd be divorced.

I reckon the ricin will have something to do with grey matter.

I just can't see walt using it on the nazis or jesse on account of how slow it kills.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,118 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

Christ, my stomach hurt when Todd shot Andrea. What an absolute ****.

And the ending... goosebumps... I've always adored the long version of the intro song & it's setup next week as being Heisenberg's last stand.

Can't understand everyone saying this episode was 'a breather'... I'm still reeling from it all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

People banging on about Jesse's lock picking skills; try hanging off a bar one handed. Then doing a one-armed pull-up to undo the latch. Even the writer's couldn't figure out how he actually opens the hatch so it was just; cut to Jesse running away.

Other than that I loved it :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,608 ✭✭✭✭briany

When I first saw Robert Forster, I thought for a second that I was looking at R Lee Ermy. That would have been some audacious casting.....

To Walt upon first meeting, "Well, SHÍT, son! If I'd known I was going on a date with the great Walter White today, I'd have worn a prettier handbag! Get in the van! LEFT TWO THREE FOUR! "

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭Rosy Posy

Seifer wrote: »
    People banging on about Jesse's lock picking skills; try hanging off a bar one handed. Then doing a one-armed pull-up to undo the latch. Even the writer's couldn't figure out how he actually opens the hatch so it was just; cut to Jesse running away.

Other than that I loved it :D

Yeah, My OH has a slight chin up obsession and was pouring scorn on a meth head being able to pull that one off. He's a skinny fecker all the same...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭Shout Dust

Thought that was a great episode, totally absorbing, don't get people saying it was slow at all.

Was full sure Jesse had escaped, didn't see that shooting coming at all, totally ruthless. Can't wait for next weeks episode, 50 minutes isn't long enough to wrap it up :(

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Madame K

Well damn. I need a drink and quite possibly a lobotomy.

Todd is a bastard. I hope he gets to be with Lydia in the end and his dingaling gets bitten off by her vagina dentata and he bleeds to death.

Uncle Jack is really sweet for his nephew. I guess it just goes to show you, Nazis are people too.

Saul and Walt at the cleaner's place and Walt says, "It's not over until *violent hacking cough* it's over." I laughed. I need Jesus.

Most important lesson from this episode: is you can learn anything from watching Youtube videos.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,120 ✭✭✭batistuta9

i thought that jack was going to kill todd

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭Torqay

Walt is certainly coming for Grey Matter. 'bout time too.

Why? Because they wanted to pay for Walt's cancer treatment? Because they offered him a well paid job at Gray Matter, the company he once co-founded? Or because they want to distance themselves from a murderous drug kingpin?

Completely forgot about Elliott, he's Nigel Nigel in Suits S03. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

hynesie08 wrote: »
    So after absolutely hating last weeks episode, they completely won me back. The finale is now 90% set up for me and I actually cannot wait to see how it goes.

Curious to know as to why you absolutely hated last weeks episode? Last weeks episode is widely regarded as one of the best if the entire series, so much so it got over 5000 10 out of 10s on IMDB. Puzzled how any fan could "absolutely hate" such an episode

Torqay wrote: »
    Why? Because they wanted to pay for Walt's cancer treatment? Because they offered him a well paid job at Gray Matter, the company he once co-founded? Or because they want to distance themselves from a murderous drug kingpin?

Completely forgot about Elliott, he's Nigel Nigel in Suits S03. ;)

probably because they shafted him out

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

Curious to know as to why you absolutely hated last weeks episode? Last weeks episode is widely regarded as one of the best if the entire series, so much so it got over 5000 10 out of 10s on IMDB. Puzzled how any fan could "absolutely hate" such an episode

wasn't the dark knight the #1 best movie evaaaaar on IMDB for a good while after it was released? that ep's 10/10's were mostly down to hype, it was still a great ep but I doubt as many people will be rubbing themselves thinking about it in a few years time

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭Torqay

Shout Dust wrote: »
    totally ruthless.

I wonder where this ruthlessness was with Skyler though. Her being able to identify Lydia is a more pressing matter than Jesse's cooking. Todd should have offed her right then and there.

just because you're a fan of the show doesn't mean you've to like everything in it/ever episode

too much of that around here i noticed, anyone with a different opinion isn't as good a 'fan' as the rest

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

I don't know if he's going to do anything to the Grey Matter people, IMHO it was just a bit of (uncharacteristically obvious) exposition to announce that Walter is gone and Heisenberg is in control now. He left them and sold his share for a pittance; not really their fault (but I guess Heisenberg may have a different opinion, now that I think about it).

Todd has to go in the most gruesome way imaginable, he makes me itch when he's onscreen (kudos to the actor).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 324 ✭✭Quixoticelixer

Good episode, though I thought Andrea's death scene could have been done better.

Why would she step outside their door in that situation, turning her back on a complete stranger with her front door wide open and her child asleep inside? She exercised absolutely no caution whatsoever.

Stranger comes to front door, claims her friend is in a nearby car and for some mysterious reason is choosing not to come to the door, why didn't the alarm bells go off in her head?! It was all a bit too simple for my liking.

Apart from that, no complaints.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭greensausage

So whos Hesinesburgs machine gun for? Jack to get his money, Jessie because he now knows hes alive from the news report and hes cooking again or the grey matter people?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

We're done with Grey Matter, there is no way they will play any meaningful part in the finale, I just can't understand how people would think he'd bother going after them, what a pile of ****e that would be.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Madame K

I knew it was curtains for her. A stranger knocks on your door at night, you open it AND go outside, leaving your back to him.

I thought that scene should have been executed better. :-\

• Registered Users Posts: 8,377 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

briany wrote: »
    When I first saw Robert Forster, I thought for a second that I was looking at R Lee Ermy. That would have been some audacious casting.....

To Walt upon first meeting, "Well, SHÍT, son! If I'd known I was going on a date with the great Walter White today, I'd have worn a prettier handbag! Get in the van! LEFT TWO THREE FOUR! "

When he first appeared on the screen I thought it was old Dr Legg from Eastenders! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,936 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

it's been a long time between the 3rd last and the final episodes so will Walt be bothered about the Nazis and what's going on with Jesse?
    his family have disowned him, so will he even find out about Todd threatening Skyler (which now happened ages ago).

the only thing that rises him now is his Grey Matter completely washing their hands of him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

batistuta9 wrote: »
    just because you're a fan of the show doesn't mean you've to like everything in it/ever episode

too much of that around here i noticed, anyone with a different opinion isn't as good a 'fan' as the rest

Yeah of course, I was just asking about how he said he absolutely hated it. It was awesome but not perfect, nothing is. The hype surrounding these last few episodes has been completely over the top but its still the most gripping consecutive run of episodes for any show I've seen this far

Advertisement