Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Breaking Bad Episode 15: Granite State

Options

Comments

nuxxx wrote: »
    So there's one episode left? That was good but slightly depressing

Slightly?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Slightly?

Being in a constant depressive mode does that to ya :pac: 5am and im still posting. Anyway you're right

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Turpentine

Didn't know Jesse was at least 96% pure at the lock picking as well. A man of many talents.

Poor old Walter, his main mistake in this episode is having raised a moral and noble son.

In fact it could be argued that his main downfall has been Walt Jr. finding out.

Had Walt Jr been still in the dark Walt would probably been able to weasle his way out of everything. Even in the last episode in the family showdown scene, with that shot that was framed as though Skylar had the choice between a phone and a knife, she chose a knife to threaten Walt to leave rather than turn him in to the police. Walt Jr. was straight on the blower.

Seems like Walter can resign himself to his family hating him, but he won't be written out of history. That used to be an old Roman punishment, can't for the life of me remember the name of it now, but it involved the wrongdoer being stricken from public records so as not to infect the reputation of the town.

Todd's been as charming as always.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭nbar12

just finished watching that episode there, sickened there's only one episode left, I refuse to believe it #nothingpersonal

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Hmm. After so many life-shattering, heavy-hitting episodes, I was underwhelmed by this one. Maybe it's being devastated after last week's, but the story was quite slow settling into Walt's new life. Walt still has to make his play for Jack's gang and the Jesse story will have to intertwine. This ep did bring up a great point though, how can he legitimately get the money to his family? They can't just suddenly have millions, and even with a legitimate front & many car washes they couldn't hope to launder that much. Anyway, here's hoping for a bloodbath and Breaking Bad to go out in a blaze of glory leaving us (happily) emotionally devastated.

Full theme song played at the end of the episode :

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭lahalane

My God, I have never felt so bad for a character as much as I felt for Jesse there. Finally hitting home with me that this time next week it'll be finished and it genuinely saddens me. What a show. Can't go back to sleep now so may as well watch it again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

Like one review said, it was a much needed pause before the last episode. A chance to catch breath.

But even still, the scene with the balaclavas and the one with Andrea were every bit as chilling as last week.

Kinda want Walt to take Grey Matter down, something entirely not likeable about those 2:D

Can Jesse please get a ****ing break in the last episode? Give him Brock at least Vince!!!! He sure is one stupid bitch for not making a better escape though:mad:

Is it me or did Todd pick one of Lydia's hairs off the back of her jacket as they sat?:D Such a great creep.

Thank feck I am off next Monday. Probably spend the day crying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭April O Neill

I mean this in the nicest possible way - who gives a SHÍTE about awards?

I never put any stock in them, so many of them are bought anyway, and we can all, I'm sure, think of really undeserving recipients of these awards.

We know BB is great, we know Bryan Cranston is a fantastic actor. Why do we need some back-slapping ceremony to confirm what we already know? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭April O Neill

toodleytoo wrote: »
    Walt junior at the emmys.

Lookin' good.

Lydia - '92%? That's Heisenberg territory.' **** you Lydia. You know so little. Also, talking back to back is way more conspicuous you dopey dope. I hope you are dead next week and I hope Todd does it...and maybe has sex with your dead corpse :/

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 8,027 ✭✭✭fitz

lahalane wrote: »
    Lydia - '92%? That's Heisenberg territory.' **** you Lydia. You know so little. Also, talking back to back is way more conspicuous you dopey dope. I hope you are dead next week and I hope Todd does it...and maybe has sex with your dead corpse :/

3rlnf1.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭beks101

gosplan wrote: »

The simplest conclusion is the most likely.

That's literally never been Breaking Bad's style to date though.

I have a sneaky suspicion that Walt Jr is being grossly underestimated in all of this. I feel with everything that he's found out and everything he's been exposed to of his Dad in the last few episodes, he'd be more than capable of taking him down if given the chance.

I'd like to think that Jesse would finally catch a break and come out on top against the Nazi crowd and the newly energized Heisenberg, but that'd be too neat, satisfying and formulaic an ending for BB; it's going to be messy, uncomfortable and infuriating for the audience.

fitz wrote: »
    3rlnf1.jpg

Just seems like something Todd is capable of...and I still wouldn't dislike him? Am I actually ****ed up in the head? Think I should go to bed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭Torqay

Turpentine wrote: »
    Todd's been as charming as always.

Will he charm his way into Lydia's woodchipper?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Serious episode, they have really set it up for next week. They really should have made it a 3 hour finale just to give us one last hurrah!

• Registered Users Posts: 43,852 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Watched it before work this morning - definitely the calm before the storm!

Lads, I've had to delete probably 10 - 12 posts with links to live streams..

.. I know ye are all excited to watch it, but this sort of stuff is not on!

Have warned a number of users and you're lucky I didn't take out the banhammer for the finale!

No more of this next week please - you have been warned!

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭mrkite77

iMuse wrote: »
    Grey matter coming back into it was unexpected, will he go after them or Jack & co is the question?

I think we just found the recipients of the Ricin Cocktail Award.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭bellinter

Well I thought that was savage.

Robert Forster was brilliant in it. Great line to Walt about whether he'd pass on the cash to his family.

Todd was at his creepy, creepy best in that meeting with Lydia, taking the hair from her back! And as polite as always when killing Andrea. Jesse just can't catch a break. It will be a happy realease when Walt kills him next week. I can see him just firing the gun into Jesse's cage as the show ends next week, never revealing if he killed him or not... but I guess that would go against what they have always said about there being no ambiguity about the end.

The shot of the whiskey glass on the bar at the end, complete with opening credits music, was brilliantly done. Grey Matter dissing him could mean the ricin ends up being for them? It was a relatively "slow" episode and all the better for it, given whats come before and what is likely to happen next week. I can't wait.

Full-haired, bearded Walter White is a Walter White I am fully behind!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

i think its gonna be simple enough from now on. I reckon Jesse will get a happy ending with Brock.
    Walt dies in a hail of bullets/ricin surprise.
    Gray Matter get either of the above.
    The money is hidden and never found.

Cant believe Lydia was in Kevin and Perry. Thats the big shock.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,134 ✭✭✭batistuta9

how long would people say passed in that episode?

will the next episode just start with walt buying a car & heading back

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

batistuta9 wrote: »
    how long would people say passed in that episode?

will the next episode just start with walt buying a car & heading back

Wasnt the guy making his second trip to the cabin, so 2 months?

But yeah id say it starts in the Dennys.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

Was it not supposed to be longer than that? I was a bit disappointed when I saw the running time on netflix.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭willmunny1990

Essien wrote: »
    Was it not supposed to be longer than that? I was a bit disappointed when I saw the running time on netflix.

Probably down to the fact you have no ads on netflix.

how long is it on netflix?
    53:05 is the one i have, cuts off at the vince gilligan screen though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

Probably down to the fact you have no ads on netflix.

Obv. But people were talking about 70 min running time for the last 2. It's not much to write home about if it's only barely 25% longer. There's heaps left to cover, they could easily have got 1 or 2 feature length episodes.

Wasnt the guy making his second trip to the cabin, so 2 months?

But yeah id say it starts in the Dennys.

yeah that's what i got from it, he said he forgot something on his last trip there so at least 2 months

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Table Top Joe

Very disappointed with the running time too, I knew it wouldn't be the full 75 minutes because of ads but its only about 5 minutes longer than normal.....moan out of the way another crackin episode, I just hope its not an "oh ffs" ending like The Sopranos but I don't think Vince would do that to us

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

Well I loved that episode.

Todd and his Manson family neo Nazi thug cohorts need to die soon. Seriously, shooting Andrea like that was psychotic in the extreme. Poor Brock! Poor Jesse! The scene in the White nursery was equally chilling. Jesus, Gus was a gentleman compared to these bastards.

The Walter White story arc was amazingly played by Cranston (and a great cameo by Robert Forster too). Lonely, sick and powerless, now even Saul isn't intimidated by him any more. I thought he would read the news report about Andrea's death, hear about the blue meth and put two and two together at the end, but no, it was his former best pals at Gray Matter dissing his reputation that finally sent him back into Heisenberg mode.

Amazing penultimate episode from an amazing final season. I'm bereft at the thought of this show ending next week. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,738 ✭✭✭hynesie08

So after absolutely hating last weeks episode, they completely won me back. The finale is now 90% set up for me and I actually cannot wait to see how it goes.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

cant wait for walter white to open a can of whoop ass next week :D

Advertisement