Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

9/11 anniversary, where were you when it happened and was it a conspiracy?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

The 911 threads are starting a day early I see, jumping the gun a bit.
    Just like those yanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

mr big boy wrote: »
    The USA are the biggest war criminals out there, they have sent 1000's of their own young men and women to fight and die in wars that were all based on lies . They have murdered million of innocent people yet people don't seem to realize this.

Can anyone say the USA have made the world any better with all there wars and killing in these countries ?

If they are capable of sending their young to fight and die in fake wars well then what makes people think they wouldn't fake an attack on their own country in the first place so as they can then proceed with these wars?

They needed an exuse to go into these countries and that's what 9/11 was.

The USA is been run by evil people , the facts are there for anyone to see if you just open your eye

What countries? The terrorists were from Saudi Arabia, which is a US ally. They later invaded Afghanistan, which has no oil. Then they invaded Iraq, which has oil, except they used a flimsy excuse of non existent WMDs (much easier than getting some Arabs to fly planes into buildings while somehow secretly rigging two massive buildings for detonation). These two wars have cost the country about a trillion dollars. Oh, and most of the oil contracts went to Russia. Bad plan, huh?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,392 ✭✭✭Riddle101

I was in school, I was 11 and I heard it when I got home, but for some reason it didn't dawn on me how serious it was until later on when I sat down to watch the tv. Couldn't take my eyes off the tv all day.

Was it a conspiracy? I don't think it was. The problem with conspiracies is, they usually come about after a major event in history occurs. JFK, Moon Landings, 9/11 they always have conspiracies. So it was only natural that people were going to think there was an alternative to 9/11 just being an attack on the US by Bin Laden.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭token101

I think I was at school, but I remember seeing the second plane hit the tower and from what I remember it was around the time Home and Away was on, so maybe I was home for lunch.

Depends on what you mean by conspiracy. I doubt the full story is known and some elements have probably been covered up. But I very much doubt that they planned it or even had detailed advance knowledge of what was going to happen. I never understood why people thought it was a false flag operation; why the **** would Bush want to go into Afghanistan? There's nothing there! And as for Iraq, he would have gone in there regardless of 9/11, he didn't need to kill a few thousand of his own people to do it. And when you look at the mess they made of the intelligence operation there, you'd be hard pressed to believe they could keep 9/11 a secret if it was all planned.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,769 ✭✭✭✭bilston

Was it a conspiracy?

No

Why?

Because hundreds of people (at least) would have to have been in on the conspiracy. It just wouldnt have been possible to keep secret.

Now might there have been intelligence that was ignored or missed? Possibly, but that happens all the time through human error not due to conspiracy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,105 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

I was signing off the dole for the first time as the second plane hit, went into town to meet with some people I knew, we spent near 45 minutes on fleet street with crowds of people outside the ESB store where Tesco is now looking at the tv screens watching the towers fall down.

Yes I do think it was a conspiracy, for several different reasons,not the time and place to discuss it though. RIP to all those that died both on 9/11 and in the wars that have followed.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

I was working in Gateway 2000 in the comms room installing a fibre network when the planes smashed into WTC.

Everyone working there stopped work and looked on in absolute shock at the TV screens.

Lots of american employees franticly ringing their loved ones in NYC to see if they were ok.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭gobnaitolunacy

1. At work
    2. No and I don't believe in Bigfoot either.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

Originally Posted by --Kaiser-- View Post
    so that it 'sagged' in the middle and eventually collapsed

Such is life

Ahhh I Always Love a Good Dick Joke :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

0ph0rce0 wrote: »
    Ahhh I Always Love a Good Dick

gay

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

Dave! wrote: »
    gay

I'm super gay for you right now

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭IvaBigWun

Did I dream it or did Ireland get a once off (non annual) day off as a mark of respect?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,429 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

IvaBigWun wrote: »
    Did I dream it or did Ireland get a once off (non annual) day off as a mark of respect?

Yep, on the Friday.

It was a conspiracy....

George Bush and The Jews did it.

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭cuana

I will never ever forget it my parents and the two younger siblings were in the states with a planned trip to NY at the time. I was out driving & heard it over the news & rushed home & watched it unfold it took them an age to get through to us to let us to let us know they were ok however tragically my neighbors lost there nephew that day.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,584 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

i was in a pub when the first plane hit and im still there...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭IvaBigWun

To get away from the 3 buildings free-falling for a sec:

how can anyone on the non conspiracy side defend only a few blurry seconds of video of the Pentagon being hit (by a missile?) when it has dozens of cameras (80 something iirc) pointing out of it and is one of the most defended buildings in the world

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

I was in work... The electrician was in and I was showing him around to the main board and he says "Jaysus the Americans are taking some hits today arent they".. I said "what?"... then I went back to the office and looked it up on Sky News.. Pretty soon everybody was in looking at it.

And was it a conspiracy? I'm not sure what happened but I do believe
    - Building 7 was brought down by controlled demolition
    - There is no way a plane hit the pentagon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭MonaPizza

EdCastle wrote: »
    This isn't the forum for discussing this, there is a CT forum already set up for you crackpots so why don't you take your sh*te BS theories over there.

Book a session with a shrink will you're at it!

Ahh, ad hominem attacks. The last refuge of those who prefer to not ask tough questions.

George Bush got his war and american defence/weapons/oil contracts in Iraq

Larry Silverstein got a massive massive payout on his insurance policy that he took out only weeks before 9/11 happened........if any planes took the buildings down,then the policy would pay out.

Rather interesting,isnt it??????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Busted Flat.

IvaBigWun wrote: »
    12 years ago tomorrow this generation's JFK shooting happened and the aftermath is still ongoing with extra security measures in airports, in countries where America went hunting for "WMD"s. and in invaded Afghanistan where they "deposed the Taliban" which had "harboured al-Qaeda"

I woke up late that day, just after noon, so I didnt see it live like a lot of people I spoke to that evening. It was Sky News and the BBC for rolling news all day as the images kept coming out and the whispers of where Ireland would start in World War 3 began. It thankfully didnt come to that of course but nothing was being ruled out in the initial few days after.

Do I think it was a conspiracy? Yes.

Ive watched countless documentaries (not Loose Change ;) ) and read up on this as much as possible and it still comes down to that thought I had when I was still half asleep switching on the TV that day:

"Why is someone demolishing the twin towers?"

I believe the twin towers and WTC 7 (a building that was never hit by a plane, yet fell at freefall speed) all came down via controlled demolition.

There is also something very off about the Pentagon attack and the crashing of Flight 93.

Tomorrow is the 9/11 anniversary. Where were you when it happened on 11/9/2001 and was it a conspiracy?

I would leave the question open so that history can come to a conclusion. Look at what is going on with Prinsess DI's destruction. You never can tell what happens when big money and power is involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,987 ✭✭✭cena

I was in school. My u.s cousins don't like talking about it at all. One of them was meant to be in one of the towers , but she has called into her sons school just an hour before.

I did a tour of the area a few years back. The lady doing the tour told the group that she lost her son that day and they never found him. This was also her reason for doin the tour guide cause she felt close to her son

• Registered Users Posts: 6,014 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

Used to think this was a conspiracy but have reigned that back now.

Still though, i'm fascinated how a 40 odd story modern Skyscraper can fall at free fall speed, with the first office fire in history being capable of melting steel and taking a skyscraper down. One theory was that in the aftermath of the attack (by terrorists), the building was taken down for insurance/safety/intelligence reasons. In saying that, probably impossible to rig a building in 7 hours or so, that could be crackpot too.

One thing I can't understand is why the biggest event in modern history has never had any independent report carried out on it. It's long overdue and deserved for the families of the victims, and the longer it's delayed the more people will turn to these theories.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,689 ✭✭✭Karl Stein

Are people so fucking dumb that they believe the huge logistical exercise it is to bring down a building by controlled explosion could be done surreptitiously and without someone spilling the beans?

People's stupidity is more frightening than terrorism.

Are people so fucking dumb that they believe the huge logistical exercise it is to bring down a building by controlled explosion could be done surreptitiously and without someone spilling the beans?

What about the Grassy Knoll. :cool::cool::cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Vomit

The questions start when the laws of physics go out the window, and kind of snowball from there. But maybe you're right andg nobody in history ever conspires to deceive anyone, ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,631 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Vomit wrote: »
    The questions start when the laws of physics go out the window, and kind of snowball from there. But maybe you're right andg nobody in history ever conspires to deceive anyone, ever.

So then how did a huge number of people plant a huge number of explosives in an extremely busy office and landmark without anyone noticing?

And how come not a single person involved in this huge exercise 'broke' and spilled the beans?

Because it didn't happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Vomit

o1s1n wrote: »
    So then how did a huge number of people plant a huge number of explosives in an extremely busy office and landmark without anyone noticing?

And how come not a single person involved in this huge exercise 'broke' and spilled the beans?

That question is secondary, because the video evidence shows that it did indeed happen. Even if you focus soley on WTC 7's collapse and Larry Silverstein's slip of the tongue, and subsequent lies when questioned about it, you have to admit conspiracy.

• Advertisement

o1s1n wrote: »

Ah jaysus, don't feck up a good film.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement