Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

9/11 anniversary, where were you when it happened and was it a conspiracy?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

Jake1 wrote: »
    2 million bikers to ride into Washington tomorrow. Looking forawrd to seeing that.

I would love to know the actually count that arrive.

Guarantee that it won't be anywhere near two million.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,542 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

more likely that the americans let it happen as it would give them the power to go into countries and get what they want... weird theres no footage of a plane going into the pentagon one of the most photographed buildings in the world

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,396 ✭✭✭Frosty McSnowballs

Im getting sick of these threads every year, i burned out listening about 9/11, to be honest i could not give a sweet **** anymore about it.

Fcuk you Johnjo! My cousin was on that plane.

Poor Mohammed only had one more week of Argos Flying Vouchers left for his CPL!

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,208 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Please please give 9/11 a rest!!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

Jake1 wrote: »
    2 million bikers to ride into Washington tomorrow. Looking forawrd to seeing that.

What are they planning to crash into?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,542 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

whats so big about 9th November anyway!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

I was at work.. I heard about it on the radio.. My Sister had just returned from NYC.. she had literally just arrived home when the first plane hit..

She and her then Fiance took a tour of the Towers on the 10th.. they also did a helicopter tour around them.. a photo of them standing on top of one of the Towers with the date and time was printed in his local paper..

They would have been among the last few tourists ever to visit the Towers..

...and yes, I tell this story every year.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

I was having a cup of tea with Jim Corr and David Icke at the time. We were discussing the blatant Roswell cover up, if I remember rightly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

shamrock55 wrote: »
    Please please give 9/11 a rest!!

Here's a novel idea; If you're sick and tired of hearing about 9/11, maybe you should think twice about clicking into a thread that has 9/11 in the title?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

If you think that the twin towers were demolished by 'controlled demolition' rather than, you know, the two aiplanes full of jet fuel that crashed into them, then you are the worst kind of idiot

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 621 ✭✭✭if832uspx4eogt

My mum told me she was in a electrical shop buying a new TV for the house when the pictures of the planes crashing into the twin towers came on every TV in the shop, and they closed the shop to watch it unfold!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

I was in the very last week of my PhD, I had absolutely no money and was on my way to the credit union for a loan. I stopped off at home to get my credit union book and turned on the television to catch the news just after the first plane crashed into the first tower. When I got home I discovered a second plane had crashed into the second tower. My initial thought when the first plane hit was 'terrorist attack', later borne out by the second tower being hit.

I don't believe most of the conspiracies out there but I do believe we'll never have the full picture and there is some information being hidden.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭nice_very

I was in a pub when the 2nd one crashed, the silence was deafening when people started to realise it was no accident.

I think I would be more convinced if they were hit a lot further down and toppled over rather than being hit quite near the top and a controlled demolition type freefall being the outcome..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 447 ✭✭ONeill2013

School. Don't know, haven't thought about 11/9 enough. I try not to think of Americans at all come to think of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,065 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Duggy747 wrote: »
    I remember not long afterwards this tasteless advert for anti-smoking came out.

Genius! I knew smokers were to blame.

Even when it was the dancing Israelis I knew it was them.

nice_very wrote: »
    I was in a pub when the 2nd one crashed, the silence was deafening when people started to realise it was no accident.

I think I would be more convinced if they were hit a lot further down and toppled over rather than being hit quite near the top and a controlled demolition type freefall being the outcome..

If you knew anything about controlled demolition you would know that it starts from the bottom, whereas the 9/11 towers collapsed from the point that the planes impacted. Also you'd know that it would take hundreds of people weeks to rig buildings that big for detonation, and it's not something you can do without visibly tering the inside of the building to pieces. And it would be a pretty tall order to rig said explosives not to detonate when a jet fuel fire is raging around them......(and so on and so forth)

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭shar01

Does anyone remember the documentary (I think it was on Nat Geo) on maybe the previous year? After a B52 crashed into the Empire State in 1945, tall buildings were designed to withstand a small plane impact. The programme discussed what would happen if plane hit Twin Towers.

Also, think this came out after 9/11, but it was alleged the contractors skimped on the fire retardant on girders done as part of re-furb after 1993 bombing. So that might account for collapse...

• Registered Users Posts: 28,689 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Was in work at the time when the news came round the floor. Everyone immediately onto the news sites. Network came to a standstill soon afterwards.

shar01 wrote: »
    Does anyone remember the documentary (I think it was on Nat Geo) on maybe the previous year? After a B52 crashed into the Empire State in 1945, tall buildings were designed to withstand a small plane impact. The programme discussed what would happen if plane hit Twin Towers.

Also, think this came out after 9/11, but it was alleged the contractors skimped on the fire retardant on girders done as part of re-furb after 1993 bombing. So that might account for collapse...

The impact didn't make the buildings collapse. The fire fuelled by hundreds of tonnes of kerosene weakened the steel structure so that it 'sagged' in the middle and eventually collapsed

http://www.tms.org/pubs/journals/jom/0112/eagar/eagar-0112.html

• Registered Users Posts: 25,065 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

--Kaiser-- wrote: »
    so that it 'sagged' in the middle and eventually collapsed

Such is life

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Vomit

Ask your family and friends, and you'll find that most people don't even know that THREE buildings came down on 9/11. It's also strange how most docos and programmes about that day don't even mention it.

And then you have those who do know about it and still see nothing wrong. But hey, I suppose WTC7 came down out of sympathy for the other buildings. It just felt bad and said to itself..."Well, while everyone else is doing it....down I go!! (At gravitational freefall speed) WHEEEEEEE!!"

Vomit wrote: »
    Ask your family and friends, and you'll find that most people don't even know that THREE buildings came down on 9/11. It's also strange how most docos and programmes about that day don't even mention it.

And then you have those who do know about it and still see nothing wrong. But hey, I suppose WTC7 came down out of sympathy for the other buildings. It just felt bad and said to itself..."Well, while everyone else is doing it....down I go!! (At gravitational freefall speed) WHEEEEEEE!!"

Yeah, it's not like there'd be any debris resulting from the collapse of the two biggest buildings in the world that might have damaged WTC 7. It must have been a complete coincidence that it was on fire after the other two buildings went down

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Vomit

--Kaiser-- wrote: »
    Yeah, it's not like there'd be any debris resulting from the collapse of the two biggest buildings in the world that might have damaged WTC 7. It must have been a complete coincidence that it was on fire after the other two buildings went down

Ah the debris! Thanks for clearing up this mystery! I swear, this has baffled reputable engineers and scientists for over ten years now, and you've just cracked the whole thing! The debris! Rest assured I've just facepalmed myself for applying primary school physics to the real world around me! I'll know better next time!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,512 ✭✭✭Muise...

Not long after the attacks, I read an article about Philippe Petit, who had walked a tightrope between the tops of the towers. Excellent documentary about it - Man On Wire - well worth watching if the conspiracies and commemorations are getting boring. There was never anything ordinary about those buildings.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Duggy747 wrote: »
    I remember not long afterwards this tasteless advert for anti-smoking came out.

To be fair, it's a valid point.

Terrorism doesn't work and doesn't kill many people. There's the odd spike in deaths and tragedies like September 11th but it barely registers when you look at the statistics.

It's like terrorists have conned the world into thinking that they matter.

How many absolute dopes are happy to give away their freedoms for the sake of security but then carry on smoking? Smoking is orders of magnitude more dangerous than all the terrorists in the world combined.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,703 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Vomit wrote: »
    Ah the debris! Thanks for clearing up this mystery! I swear, this has baffled reputable engineers and scientists for over ten years now, and you've just cracked the whole thing! The debris! Rest assured I've just facepalmed myself for applying primary school physics to the real world around me! I'll know better next time!

I'll assume you've read the NIST report on the matter?

http://www.nist.gov/el/wtc7final_112508.cfm
    The extensive three-year scientific and technical building and fire safety investigation found that the fires on multiple floors in WTC 7, which were uncontrolled but otherwise similar to fires experienced in other tall buildings, caused an extraordinary event. Heating of floor beams and girders caused a critical support column to fail, initiating a fire-induced progressive collapse that brought the building down.

In response to comments from the building community, NIST conducted an additional computer analysis. The goal was to see if the loss of WTC 7’s Column 79—the structural component identified as the one whose failure on 9/11 started the progressive collapse—would still have led to a complete loss of the building if fire or damage from the falling debris of the nearby WTC 1 tower were not factors. The investigation team concluded that the column’s failure under any circumstance would have initiated the destructive sequence of events.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 mr big boy

The USA are the biggest war criminals out there, they have sent 1000's of their own young men and women to fight and die in wars that were all based on lies . They have murdered million of innocent people yet people don't seem to realize this.

Can anyone say the USA have made the world any better with all there wars and killing in these countries ?

If they are capable of sending their young to fight and die in fake wars well then what makes people think they wouldn't fake an attack on their own country in the first place so as they can then proceed with these wars?

They needed an exuse to go into these countries and that's what 9/11 was.

The USA is been run by evil people , the facts are there for anyone to see if you just open your eye

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Every ****ing Year...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

If the big bad wolf could huff and puff and blow down a couple of buildings then I don't think it's too much of a stretch of the imagination for two huge(bigger than a car) airplanes to knock down a couple of buildings. It's pure science and you can't argue with science.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement