Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

9/11 anniversary, where were you when it happened and was it a conspiracy?

Options
1151617181921»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

Was feeding my eldest his lunch when Joe Duffy said 'turn on your telly's' the second plane hit shortly after.

I have always suspected the conspiracy was that it was allowed happen. They had the intelligence and saw the opportunity. The speed in which they found somebody definite to blame (the passport etc.) is deeply suspect or incredibe incredible co-incidence.
    Anyhow, it all worked out well in the end, didn't it.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

I saw it on the news after the first plane hit. At that point most assumed that it was a small light aircraft and theorized that the pilot might have been blinded by the sun (contrary to what was claimed by others here, the main news reports at this point were not at all saying America was under attack). When the second plane hit I remember the sort of stunned, shocked response of the reporters in the helicopter.

I do also recall how RTE kept on with their standard schedule. It was only when the second plane hit that they switched over their coverage when someone pointed out that something significant was occurring. Good old RTE.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭IvaBigWun

ixoy wrote: »
    I

I do also recall how RTE kept on with their standard schedule. It was only when the second plane hit that they switched over their coverage when someone pointed out that something significant was occurring. Good old RTE.

Well upto that point of the second plane hitting didn't everyone think it was an accident? I'm fairly sure most of the non news channels didn't change their schedules till the second one went in. With BBC 1 been the probable exception to this.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,292 ✭✭✭✭branie2

I was on my way home from a holiday in France with parents that day. We got the ferry after driving through England after getting off the Channel Tunnel. When we got to the lounge, we noticed that all of the people were watching the telly intently, and initially, we thought it was a good film, but it was the news. That's what made the day so unreal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭ThinkProgress

I can't stand the people who try to shame others when they entertain the notion of a conspiracy theory or anything else that deviates from the official script....

It's just bullying tactics used to silence an opinion you don't like.

I started out like many people thinking the official government story was bullet proof. But the more you watch/read the alternative theories... the more it makes you question that narrative.

An intelligent curious person should always question things. It doesn't mean you're some tin hat wearing fruitcake.

There's MANY things that don't quite add up about 9/11.

WTC 7 was a massive skyscraper that collapsed into it's own footprint, completely demolished... because of office fires? Conveniently destroying thousands of documents belonging to the FBI etc...

Why did it fall straight down, even though the fire only destroyed some of the outer support columns? Top level architects & engineers said this was IMPOSSIBLE.

When top experts say something is impossible, it should make most people take a second look at things. That's what intelligent people do. They stay curious and constantly re-evaluate things.

Also the discovery of termite particles is also high suspicious to me. How does a chemical compound such as termite just magically appear in the debris of ground zero? There is absolutely no reason for it to be there. And no explanation from anyone to this day to explain it's presence?

There are many other things. But they stand out the most for me.

I'm not saying I'm 100% sure it was a conspiracy or an inside job. I'm just saying, there are more than enough grey areas for someone to question the official story.

I'm on the fence about 9/11. It's a good place to be... it keeps your mind sharp and might prevent you from being the next potential victim.

There are powerful, shady people & organizations in this world. And sometimes they like to use innocent citizens as pawns in their deadly game of chess. For this reason you should always remain skeptical of those in power... their motives, their actions and the stories they tell us!

There are too many people in this world, with too much power and too much influence! "Absolute power corrupts - absolutely!"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭pmasterson95

I love when wild conspiracy theorists emerge from the shadows. Always fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Mesrine65

I was in bed after working a 12 hour night-shift.

I wasn't aware of it until I picked up a newspaper in the canteen at work on my next shift & thought WTF :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,796 ✭✭✭fly_agaric

I can't stand the people who try to shame others when they entertain the notion of a conspiracy theory or anything else that deviates from the official script....

It's just bullying tactics used to silence an opinion you don't like.

Well it is also irritation (and frustration) when people spread lies and illogical nonsense.
    Not every opinion is valid, or should be respected.
    Why shouldn't people be shamed (and pitied) when they proclaim stuff like the twin towers were demolished by controlled explosives on the orders of the "ZOG", the moon landings never happened etc. They're willing to call everyone else who doesn't "believe" blind & foolish at best or evil/taking orders from the conspiracy masters at worst so why spare them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭ThinkProgress

fly_agaric wrote: »
    Well it is also irritation (and frustration) when people spread lies and illogical nonsense.
    Not every opinion is valid, or should be respected.
    Why shouldn't people be shamed (and pitied) when they proclaim stuff like the twin towers were demolished by controlled explosives on the orders of the "ZOG", the moon landings never happened etc. They're willing to call everyone else who doesn't "believe" blind & foolish at best or evil/taking orders from the conspiracy masters at worst so why spare them?

So you're dismissing the theories, because you dislike the actions of the conspiracy theorists?

Here's an idea... Try shelving your personal feelings about those individuals and just take an objective look at the alternative theories!

I don't like how some conspiracy theorists behave either. But you have to look past that and instead look at what's important.

Look at WHAT they're saying, not the way they're saying it. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭Tarzana2

ixoy wrote: »

When just the first plane had hit, it was still just thought to be an accident. I wouldn't expect a plane crash in another country to completely dominate TV channels here. Of course the enormity of the events was only really realised after the second plane hit. We're all looking at it with hindsight but nobody really knew what was happening at first.

• Advertisement

OP, you've previously been requested not to bump your own threads. Two years later is really pushing that.

There is an entire forum dedicated to 9/11 conspiracy theories, please post there after reading their charter.

Thank you.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement