Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trinity Freshers 2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37 HelloFluffy

Well, this is interesting. Everything has disappeared, and I haven't touched it..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭outnumbered

^TAP?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 golden4ce

I'm with the TAP under HEAR but I still had to pay the USI levy. I would probably contact them just in case.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Akari

I have a question about the pre-registration:
    I've applied to SUSI, but my application is still 'awaiting assessment', and might be that way for a few more weeks. Should I just leave the pre-registration until I hear back from SUSI, or should I do the pre-registration now, skipping the SUSI part - and hope to be able to amend that later if my application is accepted?

^TAP?

Not doing the access programme, but up until today the system still had me down as a music student (this was my second choice, but I was offered my first choice on the second round and accepted straight away).
    Now that I've confirmed my first choice, everything has been wiped, and I'm still due to pay the sports centre charge and USI levy!
    If it hasn't changed by tomorrow to include the Trinity Hall charge, I am definitely contacting them.

:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8 golden4ce

Akari wrote: »
    I have a question about the pre-registration:
    I've applied to SUSI, but my application is still 'awaiting assessment', and might be that way for a few more weeks. Should I just leave the pre-registration until I hear back from SUSI, or should I do the pre-registration now, skipping the SUSI part - and hope to be able to amend that later if my application is accepted?

i'd just add susi as a sponsor and put down a 100% on the options they give you. they will let you know if you cant get 100%. also susi might not accept you for weeks. so register now.

I rang Trinity today and they said to put down 100% for now, so that's grand!

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Akari

Thanks for the help! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Irishgooner96

Hey guys! Anybody here get a place in Halls and reject it! I got a Single Ensuite, and it cost in excess of €6000. So I'm looking for alternative accommodation! Anybody know of any places available? Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,725 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Hey guys! Anybody here get a place in Halls and reject it! I got a Single Ensuite, and it cost in excess of €6000. So I'm looking for alternative accommodation! Anybody know of any places available? Cheers!

hope i get your place in the second round tomorrow :pac:

get looking on daft and rent, get emailing and ringing the landlords

• Advertisement

hope i get your place in the second round tomorrow :pac:

get looking on daft and rent, get emailing and ringing the landlords

unlike other towns/cities, Dublin doesnt have accommodation reserved for students! I would rather stay with a Trinity student that I know :) However.. Beggars can't be choosers!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,725 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

unlike other towns/cities, Dublin doesnt have accommodation reserved for students! I would rather stay with a Trinity student that I know :) However.. Beggars can't be choosers!

join some of the facebook groups, plenty of people there looking for roommates/housemates

• Registered Users Posts: 36 wklize

Hey guys, this could be a stupid question. Is there a list of societies? and How can I join them? I will miss the freshers' week and I am afraid I will end up being lost. Does anyone know where I can go to ask for information and stuff afterwards?

join some of the facebook groups, plenty of people there looking for roommates/housemates

Yea! That's a good idea! What course you doing? I'm doing Law & Political Science!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,632 ✭✭✭ormond lad

wklize wrote: »
    Hey guys, this could be a stupid question. Is there a list of societies? and How can I join them? I will miss the freshers' week and I am afraid I will end up being lost. Does anyone know where I can go to ask for information and stuff afterwards?
    Look at the Trinity Website. Very easy to find list. Don't worry you won't get lost. Contact any society/club if interested
    http://www.tcdlife.ie/clubs-societies/

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭_LilyRose_

In excess of €6000?????! Do you mind me asking how?? :eek:

_LilyRose_ wrote: »
    In excess of €6000?????! Do you mind me asking how?? :eek:

The basic accommodation, and the utilities. I received an email saying that prices will increase also. Wasn't a feasible option for me, so I rejected the offer! At least someone who was disappointed will get my place now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭yournerd

The basic accommodation, and the utilities. I received an email saying that prices will increase also. Wasn't a feasible option for me, so I rejected the offer! At least someone who was disappointed will get my place now :)

omg im dying for a single !

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭_LilyRose_

Christ above what have I done! :eek:

Got that email too, very cheeky I thought...

Anyway good luck with your search :)

_LilyRose_ wrote: »
    Christ above what have I done! :eek:

Got that email too, very cheeky I thought...

Anyway good luck with your search :)

Thanks! I have temporary accommodation sorted! I want to get a house/apartment with students I know. Hopefully I get to see ye all during Freshers Week. :)

*Emphasis on the "Hopefully".. Only 17!*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 Psych2013

Coming from the U.S., I have no idea how Freshers week works as far as these wristbands I've been hearing about. I can get (buy??) my wristband when I move in to Halls on the 13th right? Should I be concerned at all about not getting one? :S

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Richieee

Psych2013 wrote: »
    Coming from the U.S., I have no idea how Freshers week works as far as these wristbands I've been hearing about. I can get (buy??) my wristband when I move in to Halls on the 13th right? Should I be concerned at all about not getting one? :S
    There'll be a wristband for sale in Halls from JCR officers which allows you entry to the clubs/travel to venues for the 3 nights of the Halls initiation weekend. You don't need to buy the wristband, but if you plan on going out each of the 3 nights it'll work out cheaper to get the band (plus you can use the organised bus into town).

There's a separate wristband available for Freshers' Week which allows you entry to the 4/5 events organised by Trinity Ents. That band will be available from the Student Union shop on campus during Freshers' week.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 hurleyman15

Hi, Seán here, only 17 :( doing computer science. Who all else is doing it?
    I haven't got an email for registration yet, and I can't log in to the portal, is anyone else in the same boat? They said it would open early September.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭MWick94

I haven't got an email for registration yet, and I can't log in to the portal, is anyone else in the same boat? They said it would open early September.

I'm in CompSci too! You should have received an email with your student ID number, which allows you to log onto the portal and it includes a welcome from the provost. Did you get this email? If not, ring TCD and they should sort it out for you! No freshers have been invited to register yet, I think they're registering current students first and then they'll invite us to register on a course by course basis!

MWick94 wrote: »
    I'm in CompSci too! You should have received an email with your student ID number, which allows you to log onto the portal and it includes a welcome from the provost. Did you get this email? If not, ring TCD and they should sort it out for you! No freshers have been invited to register yet, I think they're registering current students first and then they'll invite us to register on a course by course basis!

I got the email with the student ID and the welcome letter, when I try to log on to the portal it won't let me. I'm going to ring them anyway, and find out what the craic is with it.
    Edit: I figured it out, it's grand now.

17 too!!
    Sure a few drinks with the rest of the 17 y/o.!! :P
    Where you staying? The halls? :)

17 too!!
    Sure a few drinks with the rest of the 17 y/o.!! :P
    Where you staying? The halls? :)

Nah, not in Halls, have another place sorted out. And a few drinks be grand hey ;).

Nah, not in Halls, have another place sorted out. And a few drinks be grand hey ;).

Not so bad!! Haha yeah exactly! Sure you'd be able to call out to the halls anytime as well! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 antel0pe

anyone here going to the TAP event on the 9th?

• Advertisement

antel0pe wrote: »
    anyone here going to the TAP event on the 9th?

I am :D

Advertisement