Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trinity Freshers 2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭_LilyRose_

The basic accommodation, and the utilities. I received an email saying that prices will increase also. Wasn't a feasible option for me, so I rejected the offer! At least someone who was disappointed will get my place now :)

Btw just saw on Facebook JCR page that the email we got saying charges 'have been raised' just means they've been put on your account

PHEW :p

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 582 ✭✭✭sleepyheadh

hey guy's anyone know of soc's that have good offers with membership i.e discounts, etc.

cheers guys

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭NSNO

hey guy's anyone know of soc's that have good offers with membership i.e discounts, etc.

cheers guys

Vast majority of societies will have the same discounts. The bigger ones like the Hist/Phil usually have some decent exclusives and certain small/medium ones have domain specific ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 mary189

Hey, when is everybody moving into halls? Friday??

Whats the story with the events during this weekend..kind of in the dark here :/

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

cheers guys

Pretty much what NSNO said above.

You should also definitely get a Trinity Ents card, it generally has the widest variety of discounts available. There should be an SU stand giving them out during Freshers', otherwise you can go into the SU office in House 6 (beside the shop at Front Arch) to pick one up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 alltakennamess

liamo01 wrote: »
    I will know no one during freshers week! Anybody else in the same situation?

Me! I'm hoping ill find some other people that know nobody either ha!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭Anita Blow

Daleyford wrote: »
    Has anyones timetable been updated on the portal? mine is completely blank :)

If I remember right your timetable is roughly:
    Monday- Physiology 9am, Anatomy 12pm, Physiology 2pm
    Tuesday- Clinical Anatomy 9-11
    Wednesday- Physiology lab exam every 2nd week at 9am, Dissection 10pm-12pm, Physiology 12pm, Physiology lab every 2 weeks
    Thursday- Physiology 9am, Physics 10-11, Chemistry 2-4
    Friday- Clinical Anatomy 9-11

Physiology tutorial once a month.

Timetable should roughly look like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Daleyford

Anita Blow wrote: »
    If I remember right your timetable is roughly:
    Monday- Physiology 9am, Anatomy 12pm, Physiology 2pm
    Tuesday- Clinical Anatomy 9-11
    Wednesday- Physiology lab exam every 2nd week at 9am, Dissection 10pm-12pm, Physiology 12pm, Physiology lab every 2 weeks
    Thursday- Physiology 9am, Physics 10-11, Chemistry 2-4
    Friday- Clinical Anatomy 9-11

Physiology tutorial once a month.

Timetable should roughly look like that.

Brilliant :O thanks a million :)

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Acciaccatura

Daleyford wrote: »
    Brilliant :O thanks a million :)

From looking up the modules, I've sort of compiled a timetable of some description:

Monday: Physiology 9-10am, Anatomy 12-1pm, Physiology 2-3pm
    Tuesday: Clinical anatomy 9-11am
    Wednesday: Anatomy 12-1pm
    Thursday: Physics 10-12am, Chemistry 1-2pm
    Friday: Clinical anatomy 9-11, physiology practical 2-6 (I really hope this is the once a month thing Anita Blow was on about! :P )

Obviously I'm missing stuff, like the dissections, but there you go! And Daleyford, I do apologize, I thought I'd replied to your PM ages ago, turns out I never did! Getting to it now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Daleyford

From looking up the modules, I've sort of compiled a timetable of some description:

Monday: Physiology 9-10am, Anatomy 12-1pm, Physiology 2-3pm
    Tuesday: Clinical anatomy 9-11am
    Wednesday: Anatomy 12-1pm
    Thursday: Physics 10-12am, Chemistry 1-2pm
    Friday: Clinical anatomy 9-11, physiology practical 2-6 (I really hope this is the once a month thing Anita Blow was on about! :P )

Obviously I'm missing stuff, like the dissections, but there you go! And Daleyford, I do apologize, I thought I'd replied to your PM ages ago, turns out I never did! Getting to it now :)

i worked out that timetable too:D doesnt look too bad at all:) except for the friday evenings which i do hope are not always :P

• Advertisement

Dissection is Wednesday mornings in 1st semester & Friday in 2nd semester. You'll have physiology Thurs morning aswell because there's 3 a week.

Not sure what your timetable says but Physiology practicals (labs) are 3 hours & every 2 weeks. The labs are usually Wednesdays 2-5 & then the week in between each lab you have a 15 minute MCQ Wednesday mornings at 9am.
    It's likely the physiology practical on the timetable is the tutorial, which is split into 2 groups with one group doing the first 2 hours & the 2nd group doing the 2nd 2 hours. There's only 1 of these a month. You'll see why they're so important. Physiology has at least a 50% fail rate

• Registered Users Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭yournerd

Anita Blow wrote: »
    Dissection is Wednesday mornings in 1st semester & Friday in 2nd semester. You'll have physiology Thurs morning aswell because there's 3 a week.

Not sure what your timetable says but Physiology practicals (labs) are 3 hours & every 2 weeks. The labs are usually Wednesdays 2-5 & then the week in between each lab you have a 15 minute MCQ Wednesday mornings at 9am.
    It's likely the physiology practical on the timetable is the tutorial, which is split into 2 groups with one group doing the first 2 hours & the 2nd group doing the 2nd 2 hours. There's only 1 of these a month. You'll see why they're so important. Physiology has at least a 50% fail rate

How does one work out her timetable??

I'm in their course so I just remember the timetable from when I was in 1st year!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭bscm

yournerd wrote: »
    How does one work out her timetable??

View module timetable, key in module code, repeat for every module you have this term.

Your module codes are available on your course homepage (e.g. if you're in Science, go to the www.tcd.ie/science and find your year)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 mischelle

Haay :) can't figure out my timetable at all! Got all the course code for occupational therapy and put them in but still nothing. Any ideas ? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭bri007

Hey mischelle, finally someone doing OT as well :) Finding same problem myself, keeps coming up as an error

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Akari

The names of my modules aren't up on tcd.ie, so I can't work out my timetable. :(

Oh well, I'll know sooner or later!

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭sganyfx

For anyone doing BESS, judging from the module timetables our timetable should be this:

Monday
    9am to 11am Law (No idea about the other modules)
    12pm to 2pm Management and Organisation

Tuesday
    11am to 12pm Sociology
    12pm to 1pm Political Science

Wednesday
    10am to 11am Economics
    12pm to 1pm Maths and Stats
    5pm to 6pm Political Science

Thursday
    11am to 12pm Maths and Stats
    12pm to 2pm Economics
    4pm to 5pm Sociology

No idea if this will be the actual timetable or not. Hopefully it is, Friday's with no lectures

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭KJY

sganyfx wrote: »
    For anyone doing BESS, judging from the module timetables our timetable should be this:

Monday
    12pm to 1pm Management and Organisation

Tuesday
    11am to 12pm Sociology

Wednesday
    10am to 11am Economics

Thursday
    12pm to 2pm Economics
    4pm to 5pm Sociology

No idea if this will be the actual timetable or not. Hopefully it is, Friday's with no lectures

If true....such mixed emotions, Monday and Tuesday are grand, Wednesday and Thursday horrific. Being a mainly business and economics student I can see those 5pm classes thrown to the wayside

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭bri007

Anyone know what the timetable is like or occupational therapy?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 Quirke

I'm doing MSISS and I went through each module I'll be doing and made my own timetable on excel. Here it is if anyone would like it... It excludes Tutorials. http://tinypic.com/r/biv7yg/5

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭bscm

bri007 wrote: »
    Anyone know what the timetable is like or occupational therapy?

Go to Timetable -> Look up Module timetable -> Click List -> Scroll through the pages until you find OT and select it -> Click View Timetable

By doing that, it should list every module for OT for all years. Select the ones you are doing and you should be able to build up a timetable (it'll only display one module at a time)

Quirke wrote: »
    I'm doing MSISS and I went through each module I'll be doing and made my own timetable on excel. Here it is if anyone would like it... It excludes Tutorials. http://tinypic.com/r/biv7yg/5

Welcome to MSISS!

That looks roughly correct from what I remember. Note that from the Friday block of CS labs, you'll only have 1 of them. For BU1510, you only have lectures every three weeks or so, the other weeks are 1 hour "seminars". You'll find all this out shortly in any case. :)

And what's the story with all the tutorials? Some of the maths tutorials overlap with maths lectures etc etc.

And what's the story with all the tutorials? Some of the maths tutorials overlap with maths lectures etc etc.

You should have 1 maths tutorial per week.

Tutorials are generally a bit more flexible. Lecturers are willing to move and re-schedule them if necessary. What's displayed on your timetable in terms of tutorials may be changed at a later date.

I'm assuming all of that will be sorted out over the first week or so? Thanks for the info.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭ahmdoda

sganyfx wrote: »

Monday
    12pm to 1pm Management and Organisation

Tuesday
    11am to 12pm Sociology

Wednesday
    10am to 11am Economics

Thursday
    12pm to 2pm Economics
    4pm to 5pm Sociology

there is like a 4 hours gap between the 1st and the next lecture somtimes what the hell are you suppose do in this time lol

I'm assuming all of that will be sorted out over the first week or so? Thanks for the info.

Yeah pretty much. The lecturers would normally go through it all in their first lecture.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Richieee

ahmdoda wrote: »
    there is like a 4 hours gap between the 1st and the next lecture somtimes what the hell are you suppose do in this time lol

Library/food/gym/shopping/go home etc.

And in the BESS timetable above the Economics lecture at 10 on Wednesdays doesn't actually exist.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭sganyfx

Richieee wrote: »
    Library/food/gym/shopping/go home etc.

And in the BESS timetable above the Economics lecture at 10 on Wednesdays doesn't actually exist.

Yes it does?

Advertisement