Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trinity Freshers 2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30 laurakilleen

Laura, 18 and I'm doing midwifery!
    And nothing has come in the post or by email! Getting a bit antsy but everyone else is in the same boat so nothing to worry about just yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Ellen5200

Laura, 18 and I'm doing midwifery!
    And nothing has come in the post or by email! Getting a bit antsy but everyone else is in the same boat so nothing to worry about just yet!

I know how you feel! I've heard of a few people getting their emails today though so hopefully!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Monsieur Folie

The emails are trickling out today!

• Registered Users Posts: 10 fuzzy_cactus

Yup, got mine about an hour ago!

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Daleyford

how much are courses on average per year lads? mine says 8000.. please tell me its wrong

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37 HelloFluffy

Most are around the €5000 mark, but a few are more expensive, like social work. :/

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Smiley Laura

theoneguyy wrote: »
    Are most BESS people gonna do a language? :)

Think I'll do social policy, not mad on languages to be honest. :)

Most are around the €5000 mark, but a few are more expensive, like social work. :/

you're kidding me.. do we qualify for free fees scheme though or something ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Monsieur Folie

Yeah if ye're Irish I'm nearly certain you only pay the €2,500 (or whatever it is) student contribution (and further still, if you qualify for a SUSI grant they usually cover that for you).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭bscm

Daleyford wrote: »
    you're kidding me.. do we qualify for free fees scheme though or something ?

You'll get a "Pre-registration" tab/option soon. When you complete that, your finance statement will reflect the free fees or grant status.

Also 1st years are generally not expected to pay fees until closer to registration. You'll get a message in your intray soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 theoneguyy

Guys do we have to hand in that printable form about option modules before freshers week? For people doing BESS it says to have it in by the 13th?

http://www.tcd.ie/orientation/assets/pdf/BESS%20Option%20Form.pdf

thanks lads :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Hollykbyrne

theoneguyy wrote: »
    Are most BESS people gonna do a language? :)

Nope I think I'll do law. Spanish bored me beyond belief in school

• Registered Users Posts: 1 KmlaS

Kmla, 18 Computer Science xD Are there any other girls doing cs?

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Amy teehee

amy here, doing cs! I'm a girl on the inside ^_^

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭MWick94

KmlaS wrote: »
    Kmla, 18 Computer Science xD Are there any other girls doing cs?

Yay! Another girl doing CS!

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭mulciber

There's a few people on boards and facebook, including me, that I found that are going into CS this year. Does anyone think it would be a good idea to start a facebook group for Trinity CS students? =)

mulciber wrote: »
    There's a few people on boards and facebook, including me, that I found that are going into CS this year. Does anyone think it would be a good idea to start a facebook group for Trinity CS students? =)

Yeah, I'd join!

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭mulciber

Ok, here's a link to the TCD CS group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/379040292225715/

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Yulster

Yuliya, 18 , Dental Nursing... Any one else..? :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭UnholyGregor

Im a grill!! XD :p;) :DDD

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭NSNO

mulciber wrote: »
    Ok, here's a link to the TCD CS group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/379040292225715/

Ah, the creeping group has started in earnest again this year I see.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭VincentLeB

Has anyone still not got their Trinity ID/welcome email? I accepted the offer last Monday evening, and got an email to confirm.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 582 ✭✭✭sleepyheadh

yep i'm in the same boat.. this is getting tedious!

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭VincentLeB

yep i'm in the same boat.. this is getting tedious!

Well once there are other people! I'm phoning tomorrow morning if I don't get anything today...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 582 ✭✭✭sleepyheadh

i'll be doing the same.. i keep getting that sinking felling - "they have forgotten me, i am losing my place"

• Registered Users Posts: 6 CiaraD123

I have only gotten the welcome email from the Provost guy but nothing else. I suppose Trinity starts back later than other colleges so we might get registration emails later too?

CiaraD123 wrote: »
    I have only gotten the welcome email from the Provost guy but nothing else. I suppose Trinity starts back later than other colleges so we might get registration emails later too?

The provost email lets you access your my.tcd.ie account, but we'll be getting emails in early September inviting us to properly register for college!

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭Eoin247

Where are most of you guys staying? Halls, private, digs or something else?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 CiaraD123

I think we're all a bit too excited :)

Advertisement