Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Muse

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭Dunder Mifflin

This is the board on Muse.mu right? Must read that more often. I've been a member on it for years but don't really read it.

edit: You last visited: 07-09-2010 at 05:44 PM

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,898 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

You last visited: 24-12-2010

Might have to get back into it again with that news!

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Maybe_Memories

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Might have to get back into it again with that news!

Actually are you NeilDublin on the forum? If you are i'm quite jealous of your list of gigs! :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,476 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

I must try remember my login stuff for that, if they do come fruition. A relatively small Muse gig would be amazing!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

From Tokyo today

Agitated
    Dead Star
    Micro Cuts
    Futurism
    Fury
    Liquid State
    Hyper Music
    New Born
    Yes Please

I've actually got some kind of butterflies in my stomach when I read this... I can't believe they played a set list like that!? I think I might be overcome with jealousy! Futurism!!

Actually are you NeilDublin on the forum? If you are i'm quite jealous of your list of gigs! :p

Yes tis I!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Garseys

Futurism sounded amazing. Please a 20th anniversary tour! Would be immense to see Muse in a small venue (even the academy!) Blow the absolute roof off the place.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 22 The Colour Of Money

They've not played the Olympia in a while

2004 the last time?

They've not played the Olympia in a while

2004 the last time?

Yup... Absolution tour! I remember it very well!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

Went to see the 4k Rome gig in Vue last night.

It was cringworthy cabaret. Shocking stuff altogether.:(

Went to see the 4k Rome gig in Vue last night.

It was cringworthy cabaret. Shocking stuff altogether.:(

HAARP was pretty bad too. It was foreseeable.

I am huge muse fan and while I still think (in terms of raw live music) their live performances are awesome it's such a shame that it has turned into a big pop ******y twilight induced ridden farce!!

They seem to care so much about putting on a show more than anything and have forgotten their grass roots of what their live shows used to be...
    An unashamedly loud epic live performance!

All this pop **** they add to their show just detracts from their performance imo!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,268 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

I love everything up to Supermassive, but their last 2 albums have been a load of piss imo. What the hell happened? I know all bands go through wacky phases but id hoped Resistance had got that out of their system. Hopefully they'll go back to basics with their next album.

Going to see them in three weeks and it's a weird feeling to not really be excited about it.

Looking at the setlists from recent gigs makes for sad reading, the glory days are well and truly gone :(

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Going to see them in three weeks and it's a weird feeling to not really be excited about it.

Looking at the setlists from recent gigs makes for sad reading, the glory days are well and truly gone :(

I watched the recent Austin City Limits gig before going to see the 4k movie and had highish expectations. They were really on form and sounded powerful.

Rome on the other hand was fcukin weak. To say that Animals (ignoring the theatrics) and Survival were high points doesn't say a lot.

You might get them on a good night with good song rotaions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,804 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Saw the Rome show tonight. Oh dear. Where is the Muse I loved years ago?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭purplecow1977

Any setlist available from Rome? Why was it so dire? Anyone reckon they'll do a 2014 '20th anniversary' tour?

Any setlist available from Rome? Why was it so dire? Anyone reckon they'll do a 2014 '20th anniversary' tour?

They will be doing one or two they said. Thats why they were practicing agitated and fury a while ago.

I'm guessing it was dire because Muse forgot it was a gig and not a performance piece.

• Advertisement

The actual set was nowhere near as bad as what was shown in the cinema. The full set had Map, Liquid State, Stockholm, Unintended, Blackout, think I'm forgetting something else.
    miralize wrote: »
    They will be doing one or two they said. Thats why they were practicing agitated and fury a while ago.

I'm guessing it was dire because Muse forgot it was a gig and not a performance piece.

It's definitely going to be a full tour. Also, "practicing"? Agitated has been played loads this tour, Fury has been played twice, FUTURISM!! has been played, Hyper Music has shown up, so has Yes Please.

There's a Muse tribute band playing in Fibbers in Dublin on the 23rd of May (this Friday).

https://www.facebook.com/events/238094313049581/

Starts at 8:30, the Muse tribute band are on first, sometime between 9 and 9:30pm. €5 in.

(To avoid complications; I'm in the band.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭The Wild Bunch

There's a Muse tribute band playing in Fibbers in Dublin on the 23rd of May (this Friday).

https://www.facebook.com/events/238094313049581/

Starts at 8:30, the Muse tribute band are on first, sometime between 9 and 9:30pm. €5 in.

(To avoid complications; I'm in the band.)

Ahhh ****e, I'm actually going to Fibbers on SATURDAY for a birthday

Ugh

:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

Thought i'd resurrect this thread, first song from the new album out:

Lyrics are cringeworthy even by Muse standards. Also recycling a riff they have been playing live for years. Hope there's better to come.

Gonna be a massive song live but yes I think those lyrics are pretty bad. Still though, much better than T2L & The Resistance

I like it!! :)

Just heard about the Belfast show on Sunday. Sold out :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

miralize wrote: »
    Gonna be a massive song live but yes I think those lyrics are pretty bad. Still though, much better than T2L & The Resistance

Much better? It sounds like those albums all played within a song. Pretty similar fare to be honest. If Bill Bailey ever did those 'Muse in 1 riff' gags, the riff in this song would be pretty much it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Devia

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IcKVKUmHLWc
    Rock AM 2004. Same riff they start playing at 5m30s.

I'm not getting my hopes up about this album....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 277 ✭✭iomega

Are Royal Blood stealing they're thunder?

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Big Whiskey

Not getting the criticism

Fair enough that riff has been knocking around for nearly 10 years but it's absolutely MONSTER

I've always hoped they'd do something with it and they have

It's absolutely brilliant- I can't knock it whatsoever.

Everyone moaning about the 2nd Law and clamouring for the band to return to their roots and they have- that tune could easily follow Hyper Music, Plug In Baby, Citizen Erased and Micro Cuts.

It's gigantic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

sugarman wrote: »
    What am awful song to kick off a new album

Really think theyve run out of ideas, its just the same stuff hashed out again and again...
    Weird statement. How is it the same stuff hashed out again and again? Even with the last album there was about five or six different genres referenced within the songs. Madness was completely different to anything they've done before. Obviously their signature is the classic monster riff but to say they do that on repeat is wide of the mark.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭Dunder Mifflin

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/muse/2015/ulster-hall-belfast-northern-ireland-73cbd69d.html

Fury and Uno played in Belfast last night! Was anyone here at it? I didn't even know they were playing until yesterday.

Yep! And it was godly. Agitated & Hyper Music too. And the new song "Reapers" is quintessential Muse, really excited to hear the album version of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

sugarman wrote: »
    What am awful song to kick off a new album

Really think theyve run out of ideas, its just the same stuff hashed out again and again...

Totally agree, utter garbage.

There's no pleasing some people.

They clamour for years for the band to move away from the bombastic, synthy self-indulgent bollocks- and the first 2 tracks we've heard from this new album are guitar-driven rock behemoths- yet they still piss and moan.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭OhHiMark

It is possible to want to them to go back closer to the style that they used to have, but not like what they've done with it.

OhHiMark wrote: »
    It is possible to want to them to go back closer to the style that they used to have, but not like what they've done with it.

Exactly. Playing a certain type of music (heavy, bombastic, guitar driven, etc whatever the buzz words are) does not designate quality. The quality in Muse's case has been and still is sadly very much lacking. It's actually quite strange to see their music like this because they always seemed the old reliable's up until a few albums ago. Will still listen to the new album and hope there's something redeeming there though.

Corholio wrote: »
    Exactly. Playing a certain type of music (heavy, bombastic, guitar driven, etc whatever the buzz words are) does not designate quality. The quality in Muse's case has been and still is sadly very much lacking. It's actually quite strange to see their music like this because they always seemed the old reliable's up until a few albums ago. Will still listen to the new album and hope there's something redeeming there though.

Do you think you'd feel the same if the riff they've used hadn't be knocking round for years?

Do you think you'd feel the same if the riff they've used hadn't be knocking round for years?

Of course I would, I've no idea why that was brought into it?? I don't think it's a good Muse song, or song in general really, that's what it comes down to. It's not just about changing the type of music, it's about quality. I could care less if they change from synth or guitar driven or vice versa. Soem bands can change style seamlessly. It's actually a poorer show that they have guitar driven songs back, that they used to do good, and it's still pretty damn poor. Some people may like it and be happy with it, fair enough :)

Corholio wrote: »
    Of course I would, I've no idea why that was brought into it?? I don't think it's a good Muse song, or song in general really, that's what it comes down to. It's not just about changing the type of music, it's about quality. I could care less if they change from synth or guitar driven or vice versa. Soem bands can change style seamlessly. It's actually a poorer show that they have guitar driven songs back, that they used to do good, and it's still pretty damn poor. Some people may like it and be happy with it, fair enough :)

I'm just relieved there's no more dubstep or synths! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Devia

It's basically 'Uprising' with a recycled riff. I can't understand why anyone would compare this to OOS or anything of that era. To me there is no comparison.

• Advertisement

Yep :(

Ah no, thought it was Debase Masons Grog .....:(

That is a phenomenal set

I expect Showbiz and OOS classics like Uno, Cave, Fillip and Hyper Music to get rotated on set during the summer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭OhHiMark

After a few listens I really like Dead Inside but christ those lyrics are absolutely awful. Then again I don't think anybody listens to Muse for the lyrics.

OhHiMark wrote: »
    After a few listens I really like Dead Inside but christ those lyrics are absolutely awful. Then again I don't think anybody listens to Muse for the lyrics.
    The lyrics from showbiz to Absolution were amazing. The benefits of hallucinogens I guess.

Good quality version of Reapers from last night

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭purplecow1977

Video isn't working.
    I watched them Live at Norich last night (on tv!)
    Thought they could have played longer than they did though.
    Think 'Mercy' will grow on me.

• Advertisement

Video isn't working.
    I watched them Live at Norich last night (on tv!)
    Thought they could have played longer than they did though.
    Think 'Mercy' will grow on me.

Fixed. Yep thats the gig that I posted above.

Advertisement