Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Muse

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Garseys

Use Panic Station, Follow Me and Madness for piss breaks and buying beer.

Follow me & Panic Station have been immense live. Madness isn't half bad either.

Xavi, Hope you get some rarities, even we got Sunburn last year. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Yeah the solo in Madness and what follows after is pretty spectacular.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

Panic station is a good live song... Its just simply fun!

Have to agree that post solo of madness is pretty epic live as well!! I remember they performed it on Jools Holland, was awesome!!

After Stockholm tonight in Helsinki they started jamming then Matt went over to Dom, said something and made a hand motion, Dom gives a WTF look, and they play Agitated and Yes Please in full for the first time since 2001/2000. These were not on the setlist and were totally spontaneous.

That was so ridiculously rare I can't even fathom it in my head that its real!! 2 b-sides back to back on a 2013 tour... Insane!!

I'm very jealous, most recent thing I've had to a B-side is when they played host in the O2 there, or should I say the start of it... I got so excited I nearly yet myself... then they just cut into something like TiRO... *sigh*

• Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

From Tokyo today

Agitated
    Dead Star
    Micro Cuts
    Futurism
    Fury
    Liquid State
    Hyper Music
    New Born
    Yes Please

Encore:

Uprising
    Time Is Running Out
    Plug In Baby

Encore 2:

What's He Building? (Tom Waits song)
    Panic Station
    Supermassive Black Hole
    Can't Take My Eyes Off You (Frankie Valli cover)
    Starlight

• Advertisement

I want to be Asian.

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Maybe_Memories

Don't worry it's just a warm up for 20th anniversary gigs. Matt said so himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭Dunder Mifflin

Excellent set list but poor(ish) encores. I would kill to see Fury live.

Don't worry it's just a warm up for 20th anniversary gigs. Matt said so himself.
    Could you elaborate on this?

Excellent set list but poor(ish) encores. I would kill to see Fury live.

Well they did the second encore dressed up in their costumes from the Panic Station video, and had lots of monsters and dancers on stage. Looked fun.
    Could you elaborate on this?

They've been talking for the past few months about doing a club tour for the 20th anniversary as a band, which is next year, and playing stuff going way back into their catalogue.. After today's gig a load of people freaked out at them on twitter and Matt said "Relax; it's just a warm up for our 20th anniversary tour" or something like that.

Most of the messageboard people from Ireland are hoping for an Olympia gig.

Also, they've said they'll be very selective with who can go. We take that to mean the tickets will only be available to message board members who've signed up before the gigs are announced.

• Advertisement

This is the board on Muse.mu right? Must read that more often. I've been a member on it for years but don't really read it.

edit: You last visited: 07-09-2010 at 05:44 PM

• Registered Users Posts: 40,858 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

You last visited: 24-12-2010

Might have to get back into it again with that news!

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Might have to get back into it again with that news!

Actually are you NeilDublin on the forum? If you are i'm quite jealous of your list of gigs! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 21,110 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

I must try remember my login stuff for that, if they do come fruition. A relatively small Muse gig would be amazing!

From Tokyo today

Agitated
    Dead Star
    Micro Cuts
    Futurism
    Fury
    Liquid State
    Hyper Music
    New Born
    Yes Please

I've actually got some kind of butterflies in my stomach when I read this... I can't believe they played a set list like that!? I think I might be overcome with jealousy! Futurism!!

Actually are you NeilDublin on the forum? If you are i'm quite jealous of your list of gigs! :p

Yes tis I!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Garseys

Futurism sounded amazing. Please a 20th anniversary tour! Would be immense to see Muse in a small venue (even the academy!) Blow the absolute roof off the place.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 22 The Colour Of Money

They've not played the Olympia in a while

2004 the last time?

They've not played the Olympia in a while

2004 the last time?

Yup... Absolution tour! I remember it very well!!

• Advertisement

Went to see the 4k Rome gig in Vue last night.

It was cringworthy cabaret. Shocking stuff altogether.:(

Went to see the 4k Rome gig in Vue last night.

It was cringworthy cabaret. Shocking stuff altogether.:(

HAARP was pretty bad too. It was foreseeable.

I am huge muse fan and while I still think (in terms of raw live music) their live performances are awesome it's such a shame that it has turned into a big pop ******y twilight induced ridden farce!!

They seem to care so much about putting on a show more than anything and have forgotten their grass roots of what their live shows used to be...
    An unashamedly loud epic live performance!

All this pop **** they add to their show just detracts from their performance imo!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,140 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

I love everything up to Supermassive, but their last 2 albums have been a load of piss imo. What the hell happened? I know all bands go through wacky phases but id hoped Resistance had got that out of their system. Hopefully they'll go back to basics with their next album.

Going to see them in three weeks and it's a weird feeling to not really be excited about it.

Looking at the setlists from recent gigs makes for sad reading, the glory days are well and truly gone :(

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Going to see them in three weeks and it's a weird feeling to not really be excited about it.

Looking at the setlists from recent gigs makes for sad reading, the glory days are well and truly gone :(

I watched the recent Austin City Limits gig before going to see the 4k movie and had highish expectations. They were really on form and sounded powerful.

Rome on the other hand was fcukin weak. To say that Animals (ignoring the theatrics) and Survival were high points doesn't say a lot.

You might get them on a good night with good song rotaions.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Saw the Rome show tonight. Oh dear. Where is the Muse I loved years ago?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭purplecow1977

Any setlist available from Rome? Why was it so dire? Anyone reckon they'll do a 2014 '20th anniversary' tour?

Any setlist available from Rome? Why was it so dire? Anyone reckon they'll do a 2014 '20th anniversary' tour?

They will be doing one or two they said. Thats why they were practicing agitated and fury a while ago.

I'm guessing it was dire because Muse forgot it was a gig and not a performance piece.

• Advertisement

The actual set was nowhere near as bad as what was shown in the cinema. The full set had Map, Liquid State, Stockholm, Unintended, Blackout, think I'm forgetting something else.
    miralize wrote: »
    They will be doing one or two they said. Thats why they were practicing agitated and fury a while ago.

I'm guessing it was dire because Muse forgot it was a gig and not a performance piece.

It's definitely going to be a full tour. Also, "practicing"? Agitated has been played loads this tour, Fury has been played twice, FUTURISM!! has been played, Hyper Music has shown up, so has Yes Please.

Advertisement