Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Muse

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Maybe_Memories

There's a Muse tribute band playing in Fibbers in Dublin on the 23rd of May (this Friday).

https://www.facebook.com/events/238094313049581/

Starts at 8:30, the Muse tribute band are on first, sometime between 9 and 9:30pm. €5 in.

(To avoid complications; I'm in the band.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭The Wild Bunch

There's a Muse tribute band playing in Fibbers in Dublin on the 23rd of May (this Friday).

https://www.facebook.com/events/238094313049581/

Starts at 8:30, the Muse tribute band are on first, sometime between 9 and 9:30pm. €5 in.

(To avoid complications; I'm in the band.)

Ahhh ****e, I'm actually going to Fibbers on SATURDAY for a birthday

Ugh

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

Thought i'd resurrect this thread, first song from the new album out:

Lyrics are cringeworthy even by Muse standards. Also recycling a riff they have been playing live for years. Hope there's better to come.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Gonna be a massive song live but yes I think those lyrics are pretty bad. Still though, much better than T2L & The Resistance

• Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

I like it!! :)

Just heard about the Belfast show on Sunday. Sold out :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

miralize wrote: »
    Gonna be a massive song live but yes I think those lyrics are pretty bad. Still though, much better than T2L & The Resistance

Much better? It sounds like those albums all played within a song. Pretty similar fare to be honest. If Bill Bailey ever did those 'Muse in 1 riff' gags, the riff in this song would be pretty much it.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Devia

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IcKVKUmHLWc
    Rock AM 2004. Same riff they start playing at 5m30s.

I'm not getting my hopes up about this album....

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭iomega

Are Royal Blood stealing they're thunder?

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Big Whiskey

Not getting the criticism

Fair enough that riff has been knocking around for nearly 10 years but it's absolutely MONSTER

I've always hoped they'd do something with it and they have

It's absolutely brilliant- I can't knock it whatsoever.

Everyone moaning about the 2nd Law and clamouring for the band to return to their roots and they have- that tune could easily follow Hyper Music, Plug In Baby, Citizen Erased and Micro Cuts.

It's gigantic

• Registered Users Posts: 14,182 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

sugarman wrote: »
    What am awful song to kick off a new album

Really think theyve run out of ideas, its just the same stuff hashed out again and again...
    Weird statement. How is it the same stuff hashed out again and again? Even with the last album there was about five or six different genres referenced within the songs. Madness was completely different to anything they've done before. Obviously their signature is the classic monster riff but to say they do that on repeat is wide of the mark.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭Dunder Mifflin

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/muse/2015/ulster-hall-belfast-northern-ireland-73cbd69d.html

Fury and Uno played in Belfast last night! Was anyone here at it? I didn't even know they were playing until yesterday.

Yep! And it was godly. Agitated & Hyper Music too. And the new song "Reapers" is quintessential Muse, really excited to hear the album version of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,899 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

sugarman wrote: »
    What am awful song to kick off a new album

Really think theyve run out of ideas, its just the same stuff hashed out again and again...

Totally agree, utter garbage.

There's no pleasing some people.

They clamour for years for the band to move away from the bombastic, synthy self-indulgent bollocks- and the first 2 tracks we've heard from this new album are guitar-driven rock behemoths- yet they still piss and moan.......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭OhHiMark

It is possible to want to them to go back closer to the style that they used to have, but not like what they've done with it.

OhHiMark wrote: »
    It is possible to want to them to go back closer to the style that they used to have, but not like what they've done with it.

Exactly. Playing a certain type of music (heavy, bombastic, guitar driven, etc whatever the buzz words are) does not designate quality. The quality in Muse's case has been and still is sadly very much lacking. It's actually quite strange to see their music like this because they always seemed the old reliable's up until a few albums ago. Will still listen to the new album and hope there's something redeeming there though.

Corholio wrote: »
    Exactly. Playing a certain type of music (heavy, bombastic, guitar driven, etc whatever the buzz words are) does not designate quality. The quality in Muse's case has been and still is sadly very much lacking. It's actually quite strange to see their music like this because they always seemed the old reliable's up until a few albums ago. Will still listen to the new album and hope there's something redeeming there though.

Do you think you'd feel the same if the riff they've used hadn't be knocking round for years?

Do you think you'd feel the same if the riff they've used hadn't be knocking round for years?

Of course I would, I've no idea why that was brought into it?? I don't think it's a good Muse song, or song in general really, that's what it comes down to. It's not just about changing the type of music, it's about quality. I could care less if they change from synth or guitar driven or vice versa. Soem bands can change style seamlessly. It's actually a poorer show that they have guitar driven songs back, that they used to do good, and it's still pretty damn poor. Some people may like it and be happy with it, fair enough :)

Corholio wrote: »
    Of course I would, I've no idea why that was brought into it?? I don't think it's a good Muse song, or song in general really, that's what it comes down to. It's not just about changing the type of music, it's about quality. I could care less if they change from synth or guitar driven or vice versa. Soem bands can change style seamlessly. It's actually a poorer show that they have guitar driven songs back, that they used to do good, and it's still pretty damn poor. Some people may like it and be happy with it, fair enough :)

I'm just relieved there's no more dubstep or synths! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Devia

It's basically 'Uprising' with a recycled riff. I can't understand why anyone would compare this to OOS or anything of that era. To me there is no comparison.

• Advertisement

Yep :(

Ah no, thought it was Debase Masons Grog .....:(

That is a phenomenal set

I expect Showbiz and OOS classics like Uno, Cave, Fillip and Hyper Music to get rotated on set during the summer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭OhHiMark

After a few listens I really like Dead Inside but christ those lyrics are absolutely awful. Then again I don't think anybody listens to Muse for the lyrics.

OhHiMark wrote: »
    After a few listens I really like Dead Inside but christ those lyrics are absolutely awful. Then again I don't think anybody listens to Muse for the lyrics.
    The lyrics from showbiz to Absolution were amazing. The benefits of hallucinogens I guess.

Good quality version of Reapers from last night

• Registered Users Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭purplecow1977

Video isn't working.
    I watched them Live at Norich last night (on tv!)
    Thought they could have played longer than they did though.
    Think 'Mercy' will grow on me.

• Advertisement

Video isn't working.
    I watched them Live at Norich last night (on tv!)
    Thought they could have played longer than they did though.
    Think 'Mercy' will grow on me.

Fixed. Yep thats the gig that I posted above.

Advertisement