Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Youths Rugby

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭backgreen

after xmas are as far as i know they are going to run off a special competition for the u 17/19s and the winners will represent munster in the all/irelands

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,632 ✭✭✭ormond lad

Dropkick22 wrote: »
    I hope the switch to 18s etc works , I hope more teams will play in these comps the season starting!!! Have west munster a league this year?
    I've heard dolphin have got a decent amount from schools. 20's in south munster looks competitive, gaps closing amongst the city teams and hopefully bandon can hang on to what they hand last year , add ucc to the mix and should be interesting , there is no cit under 20,s team
    No idea if there will be a West Munster league but there probably will be as the clubs in West didn't have huge trouble fielding at 18s down the years but struggled from the change to 19s back in 2009/2010.
    Dolphin always get plenty from the 2 schools, PBC & CBC. Dolphin and Con are always the main clubs players from the 2 big rugby schools in Cork head to.

ormond lad wrote: »
    No idea if there will be a West Munster league but there probably will be as the clubs in West didn't have huge trouble fielding at 18s down the years but struggled from the change to 19s back in 2009/2010.
    Dolphin always get plenty from the 2 schools, PBC & CBC. Dolphin and Con are always the main clubs players from the 2 big rugby schools in Cork head to.
    doubt if there will be a west munster league at u18 .more than likely
    the one or two teams from w/munster will play in north munster

anything on the u20 game today in UL?

backgreen wrote: »
    doubt if there will be a west munster league at u18 .more than likely
    the one or two teams from w/munster will play in north munster
    Really. Its the same age group as last seasons 17s league and there was 5/6 teams in that so there will be a league unless 3/4 of those clubs have lost all their players since the end of last season
    backgreen wrote: »
    anything on the u20 game today in UL?
    check 20s thread

• Advertisement

Ulster 19s beat Connacht in Ashbourne today 37-5
    7 trys to 1. Big win for Ulster ahead of interpros

Munster 19s team named for game v Italy tomorrow in Musgrave Park
    http://www.munsterrugby.ie/domestic/news/12161.php
    Munster u19: Stephen Fitzgerald (Ard Scoil Ris), Eoin O’Carroll (Tralee), Steven McMahon (Rockwell), JJ O’Neill (Crescent College), Brion Moriarty (Ard Scoil Ris), Tomas Quinlan (CBC), David O’Mahony (Rockwell), Tobi Ademakin (Garryowen), Sean McKeown (Rockwell), Brendan Quinlan (Rockwell), Frank Bradshaw Ryan (Ard Scoil Ris), Aaron Hogan (Youghal), Jonathon Keane (Crescent College), Luke O’Leary (Sunday’s Well), Ben Kilkenny (St. Munchins). Replacements: Liam O’Connor (CBC), Jack Boland (Glenstal), Mike O’Donnell (Crescent College), Dylan Lane (PBC), Cormac Blake (Crescent College), Jack Cullen (Exile), Dylan Horgan (Highfield), Shane McAuliffe (CBC).

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭shawneebuy

Ulster 19s beat Connacht in Ashbourne today 37-5
    7 trys to 1. Big win for Ulster ahead of interpros

Which Connacht team did they play? U.18 ?

shawneebuy wrote: »
    Which Connacht team did they play? U.18 ?
    clearly their 19s. what other team would play Ulsters 19s?

Why would they play each other before the Inter Pros, unusual or not?

• Advertisement

shawneebuy wrote: »
    Why would they play each other before the Inter Pros, unusual or not?
    Not unusual at all. Provinces regularly play each other over course of summer in warm ups before the interpro's.

Ouch for Connacht then

Munster 19s lost 25-23 to Italy 20s in Musgrave tonight
    http://www.munsterrugby.ie/domestic/news/12165.php

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Dropkick22

Munster 19s lost 25-23 to Italy 20s in Musgrave tonight
    http://www.munsterrugby.ie/domestic/news/12165.php

Was at the game , the tralee lads try was a cracking try !!!he backed himself 100%and the crowd acknowledged it with great roar!!
    Saw the new scrum laws in affect for the 1st time , , still half the scrums were reset, it's going to be 1 testing season I can tell you that , plenty of yellow cards I fear !
    The Italians were big units , a year older plus they had 30 plus players , the munster lads accounted themselves well , yes they will have to improve 1 or 2 areas skill wise , my only worry would be 2 or 3 of the players there were on the small side

Exiles beat Leinster Youths 29-20 in Templeville road earlier today while Leinster are well in top of the 19s game leading 29-3 at the moment

Leinster won 19s game 51-10

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭BigHeel

The Leinster U19 looked very good today. The U18 looked good with the ball but they made some very basic errors in defence.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,122 ✭✭✭nilhg

BigHeel wrote: »
    The Leinster U19 looked very good today. The U18 looked good with the ball but they made some very basic errors in defence.

Agreed, the 19s were very slick and tight always seemed to have time and space, the 18s blew hot and cold but paid dearly for some mistakes in defense and also not making the best of some fairly clearcut opportunities that they had created. I thought the Exiles 13 was the best player on the pitch in that match and kudos too to their fullback who made a try great saving tackle and injured himself in the process.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭Hagz

Do we have a team-sheet for the 19's?

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Stanza2

nilhg wrote: »
    Agreed, the 19s were very slick and tight always seemed to have time and space, the 18s blew hot and cold but paid dearly for some mistakes in defense and also not making the best of some fairly clearcut opportunities that they had created. I thought the Exiles 13 was the best player on the pitch in that match and kudos too to their fullback who made a try great saving tackle and injured himself in the process.

Not knowing what the teams were today but if that 13 for the exiles was Sam Arnold then you are talking about a serious talent. He got drafted into the Irish youth side (at13) last year for the England match and played really well. He and I believe young Conor O'Brien the Leinster fly half were the only ones from last years panel underage for this year, did he play for Leinster today?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,122 ✭✭✭nilhg

Stanza2 wrote: »
    Not knowing what the teams were today but if that 13 for the exiles was Sam Arnold then you are talking about a serious talent. He got drafted into the Irish youth side (at13) last year for the England match and played really well. He and I believe young Conor O'Brien the Leinster fly half were the only ones from last years panel underage for this year, did he play for Leinster today?

Conor started at 10 for Leinster but played the second half at 12 after a bit of a half time reorganisation, Sam Arnold was the Exiles 13.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

I believe Mark Sutton played 10 for Leinster as well. Another good talent.

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭lurtz

the 19s backline was immense,so off the cuff it was brilliant to watch,always attacked and always created options. Sutton and especially Andy Marks really stood out

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭BigHeel

nilhg wrote: »
    Conor started at 10 for Leinster but played the second half at 12 after a bit of a half time reorganisation, Sam Arnold was the Exiles 13.
    Both Conor and Sam where very good yesterday. I thought the Exiles scrumhalf, didn't get his name, was also very good.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18 PlumtreeKiss

lurtz wrote: »
    the 19s backline was immense,so off the cuff it was brilliant to watch,always attacked and always created options. Sutton and especially Andy Marks really stood out

Any idea on who played where? Considering the following players were missing(McCarthy, Byrne, Brewer, Dardis and possibly Cormac Brennan) it's impressive

9. Charlie Rock?
    10. Mark Sutton
    11. James McCormack?
    12. Fergal Cleary?
    13. Michael Courtney?
    15. Andy Marks?

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭stellenbosch

Any idea on who played where? Considering the following players were missing(McCarthy, Byrne, Brewer, Dardis and possibly Cormac Brennan) it's impressive

9. Charlie Rock?
    10. Mark Sutton
    11. James McCormack?
    12. Fergal Cleary?
    13. Michael Courtney?
    15. Andy Marks?

The back line was:

15. Clubs FB-small and very quick- good footballer
    14.Brennan(replaced by O'Donoghue mid was through 2nd half-did very well
    13.Marks
    12.Cleary(replaced at HT by Courtney who did very well)
    11.Burke
    10.Sutton
    9.Schmidt(replaced by a St Gerards 9 mid way through 2nd H)

They looked very slick indeed. Lots of talent!

The back line was:

15. Clubs FB-small and very quick- good footballer
    14.Brennan(replaced by O'Donoghue mid was through 2nd half-did very well
    13.Marks
    12.Cleary(replaced at HT by Courtney who did very well)
    11.Burke
    10.Sutton
    9.Schmidt(replaced by a St Gerards 9 mid way through 2nd H)

They looked very slick indeed. Lots of talent!

The FB could be Robert Vallejo
    Not sure who Burke on the wing is?
    David Baker is the Gerrards SH.

Hopefully Leinster put up reports on both games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭Hagz

Cillian Burke I presume?

Hagz wrote: »
    Cillian Burke I presume?

Thought he was under-18, but that makes sense.

• Advertisement

Leinster Youths: R Wallace; S Walshe, A Mangan, P Howard, G O'Connor; O'Brien, Feeney (capt); Abdaladze, B Devlin, M Russell, C Hand, J Carley, T Cuddihy, C Farrell, N Reilly

Advertisement