Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

New Wexford 2 Day August 17th -18th

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭RockWerchter

There are yellow jerseys and they are really good quality. Was offered to try one of them on last night to get the sizing for the weekend but refused.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,444 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Plastik wrote: »
    Seems clear from a few posts above that we're just using the numbers that will be provided tomorrow.

Cheers, I just wasn't clear if numbers were provided, just got an e-mail from precision timing confirming they are. Have to change the numbers at each stage for the chips. Looks like this is going to be a cracker tomorrow.

I am predicting humid and minor showers for the first stage with sunshine for the start of the stage 2. Sunday will be sunny all day.

Interesting I am now A2 :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 mjpmclean

I've been demoted from A3 to A4, phew it will be an easier weekend than I anticipated. Also, having all the cats mixed up is a bit strange.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,050 ✭✭✭buffalo

CramCycle wrote: »
    Interesting I am now A2 :p

I notice 1750W has been downgraded by A4 to A1. :pac:

Are these going to be the start times for the TT Michael? With the cats mixed up, it gives the later starters an advantage over the earlier ones.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭Plastik

I'm an A1 .... deadly :pac:

Or maybe not.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭dermo1990

Huh, now an A2....as much as I'd love to upgrade by 2 cats, not this weekend :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭michael196

Sign on as per CI. Excel.....

Weather is charming so far, I might retract my weather predictions :-(

Might stick on an baselayer alright.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Took a spin around the circuit and up the TT climb this morning. Despite covering myself completely with over-trousers and water-proofs I was totally drenched. It's really nautical out there.

TT climbing times will take a hit today, the wind is blowing straight onto the flat middle section. Aero bars might not be such a bad idea. At least the upside of the current wind direction is you will get a little push up the very last uphill section.

Good luck out there to everyone, watch out for gaps in the hedges.

I am ashamed of myself and my attempt.

On another note, fantastically run, great marshalling well done to both Michael196 and all the wexford wheelers out there today.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

The sun is coming out for the TT :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,121 ✭✭✭daragh_

Soaked and probably last in GC. But happy all the same. Looking lovely and sunny now.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭fondriest

1st stage was kinda unpleasant and whoever has my legs can I have them back before tomorrow ? PLEASE !

Just home from spectating at the TT. Breezyish, and rain clouds just starting to form now. God love anyone who gets caught in the rain AGAIN.

Some pictures from A1/A2

267774.JPG

267773.JPG

267772.JPG

267771.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭velo.2010

Never even made it to the start line! Clutch went as I drove down. Could feel it coming recently but thought I'd make it down for my first stage race. Home now but looking at a hefty bill..... There is no emoticon to describe the feeling when my car finally lurched to a halt. Oh well.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭joker77

Any TT results online?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭ericzeking

Its a bit odd the way they are doing the timing on the road stages with everyone getting exact times as opposed to groups getting the same time

Few teething problems and info a bit amiss in places, but two enjoyable stages.

The timing though, is ridiculous. It promotes the mid pack sprinting for the nothing places.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭CB93

The timing though, is ridiculous. It promotes the mid pack sprinting for the nothing places.

Completely agree with Plastik on this, they clearly stated that they didn't want people sprinting if they are not in a position to win the stage and then they go and do this. Somewhat contradictory?

Other than that it was very well done... Roll on tomorrow

+1 . To give exact times instead of group times isn't the way to go . I think maybe precision timing are more used to doing triathlons than road races .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭michael196

Group timings will be Used . We don't want unnecessary sprinting. What you are seeing is the Raw Data spat out live from the chips to the Internet.

Grouping applies as subsequent processing.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Dogtanian7

Any times for Stage 2 yet Mick?

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Actual Paramedic

2 great stages so far, the course choice for each has been superb and also horrendous (my legs say so)

Had serious fun in the tt , somehow managed to bend my chain in the warm up and it came off 5 times going up the hill. Thanks to the people who pushed me to get me going each time and a big thanks to the Lucan rider who gave me his bike with about 500m to go so I could finish it .

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭MichealD

Lots of technology but still hard to get results quickly:)

Great event so far. Weather much, much kinder for TT last night. Looking good here today too.

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭maloner

Just back from this and had a great weekend. Safe racing for the most part but some spills today for various reasons. I think a few got taken out when someone had a mechanical on the second last steep climb in A4. A really sharp wall and when a chain or something breaks you're going to grind to a halt pretty quick so no fault there as saw it.

On the first lap just after the above hill there's a sharp enough decent with a left and a fast sweeping right. One guy ran wide and low and behold a car was parked on the outside of the turn. He was probably in trouble anyway but that didn't help. He avoided the full impact of the car but took out the wing mirror and kept it together to stop (I think) before a fence. In fairness the car was gone next time around.

All in all though well run I thought, aside from the timing issues which weren't that big a deal really.

I thought I was in with a hunt of a place on the last stage as I was in the top 5 maybe with about 200-300 to go but the wheel I was following abandoned me to the ravages of the wind and I need all the help I can get with sprinting so faded to come in about 20th.

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭maloner

fondriest wrote: »
    Had serious fun in the tt , somehow managed to bend my chain in the warm up and it came off 5 times going up the hill. Thanks to the people who pushed me to get me going each time and a big thanks to the Lucan rider who gave me his bike with about 500m to go so I could finish it .

Quality post!

• Advertisement

Really enjoyed a great weekend of racing , the only fault would be the timing . If I were wexford wheelers I wouldn't be paying them . Far to many discrepancies. Can't wait for this race again next year .

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement