Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sports Extra (TNT/Premier)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭energy1942

• Registered Users Posts: 9,732 ✭✭✭lertsnim

At least they will do a Sunday show each week. That was a major annoyance about RTE for me. they only ever did a Sunday game when a big match was on.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭gammon_steak

I have Setanta Ireland already with my UPC package. Would the highlights program be on that channel as well as the odd live game or would they move all of that to the other Setanta one that is not free with certain packages.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭kooga

nothing on the tv listings for this saturday re highlights package!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,143 ✭✭✭outforarun

paulboland wrote: »
    I subscribed to Setanta on there website using online on Thursday not by calling them
    €19.99 a month paid by direct debit bank account
    I got a confirmation your subscribed to setanta
    with this was a message get free multi room on second sky box call customer service it gave a number I cant remember it off hand
    I called them asked for the free multi room asked for the sky card number
    while I was on the phone I asked how much for a third sky box was told €2.99
    I now have 3 Sky HD Boxes with Setanta Subscription €22.98 a Month
    €19.99 main box
    second box free
    third box €2.99

Was told max number of Sky Boxes is 4 they allow

Hi All

I'm a Sky customer.
    I subscribed online to Setanta at the weekend.
    I went for the annual package and paid via VISA.
    On completing my subscription I got an on screen message saying "Thank you for subscribing to Setanta Sports. A confirmation email has been sent to <my email address>"
    However I never received any email.
    I'm just off the phone to Setanta now, I was told that the confirmation email can take from 5 to 7 days to be sent.
    I was also told there is no free multi-room and that, based on an annual package the first box costs €24 or €25 (can't remember which).

Have any other Sky customers on here subscribed online to Setanta's annual package? Have you had the same experience as above.

Thanks

[PS: BT and ESPN (and Setanta) were available within minutes of subscribing. The HD quality on all three channels is imo very good.]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,922 ✭✭✭✭muffler

outforarun wrote: »
    Hi All

I'm a Sky customer.
    On completing my subscription I got an on screen message saying "Thank you for subscribing to Setanta Sports. A confirmation email has been sent to <my email address>"
    I'm just off the phone to Setanta now, I was told that the confirmation email can take from 5 to 7 days to be sent.
    I was also told there is no free multi-room and that, based on an annual package the first box costs €24 or €25 (can't remember which).

Have any other Sky customers on here subscribed online to Setanta's annual package? Have you had the same experience as above.

Thanks

[PS: BT and ESPN (and Setanta) were available within minutes of subscribing. The HD quality on all three channels is imo very good.]
    I haven''t signed up myself but from reading the FAQ's on their website the first multi-room box is charged at €1.49 a month and €2.99/month for any additional boxes.

There have been other posts here saying that you can get multiroom free by ringing in...maybe thats after a bit of haggling on the phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭paulboland

Hi All

I'm a Sky customer.

Thanks

I got the free multi on second sky box
    I went for monthly direct debit from my bank account
    As soon as my subscription was confirmed at the bottom of the webpage was get free multi room on second box
    I called the customer service number and was given it free
    I received in the post confirmation my payment for second box was 0.00 a month
    I also got another subscribtion for €2.99
    €19.99
    €2.99
    3 sky boxes total €22.98
    I would call them again and try

Did you not notice on your webpage your subscription a message at bottom of the screen when it confirmed your subscription details

• Registered Users Posts: 4,638 ✭✭✭Infoanon

Hi All

I'm a Sky customer.
    I was also told there is no free multi-room and th

I got the email within seconds and channels available within minutes

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭manu2009

Hi All

I'm a Sky customer.

Did you check your junk folder? That's where mine was.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭Giggsy_

Anybody know if there's a way of buying a setanta multi room subscription online or do you have to ring them to set it up ?

• Advertisement

Giggsy_ wrote: »
    Anybody know if there's a way of buying a setanta multi room subscription online or do you have to ring them to set it up ?

You have to call them
    Customer service number it's on there website

The max number of sky boxes is 4 per household

I got second box free and third box for €2.99

If you only just subscribed to the package I would ask for second box free they might say no but I got mine free as I had been offered free when I subscribed online

I would have demanded if i was refused second box free as I had it in writing the offer if they had of said no to me

But I was given it free as soon as I mentioned it was offered to me when my subscription was confirmed and had no problems

I suppose it will depend who you get when you make the call

ask for free noting to loose by asking

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭kooga

guys don't forget LFC promo till tomorrow €10/£10 off first month! applies to both monthly tkt and annual sub

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,574 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Dempsey will be staying, at least for the Sunday highlights show anyway

Meanwhile Virgin finally signed a carriage deal with BT, and guess what? The channels are in the XL pack, broadly the equivalent of UPC's Digital Max. Good for them, but jealous we didn't get such a deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭TheRedDevil10

icdg wrote: »
    They could do that alright but at the price of stopping viewers on satellite from watching the 3pm KOs on those dates - including the vast majority of commercial customers who pay for the service principally for the Premier League.

It may be that by that stage Setanta Sports 1 on satellite will have reverted to a fully seperate service.

The other thing to note is that while rugby league has a very, very small support base in Ireland, there would possibly still be a bit of criticism if, having purchased the rights to Ireland's games, they showed them in the UK but not Ireland. Fortunately the only actual game taking place in Ireland, Ireland v Australia, is an 8:00pm KO. There would probably be a lot of consternation if they didn't at least show that one.

Confirmed by Setanta rep that all their live PL games will be on Setanta Sports 1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭radiowaves

Confirmed by Setanta rep that all their live PL games will be on Setanta Sports 1

Is it the same rep that confirmed a couple of years back that Setanta's HD channel would be on satellite "within weeks"? :D

radiowaves wrote: »
    Is it the same rep that confirmed a couple of years back that Setanta's HD channel would be on satellite "within weeks"? :D

From Setanta Facebook and website

In response to some enquiries that we have had please note that all Setanta’s Premier league games this season are on Setanta 1 and on BT Sport 1. Eircom customers will be able to continue to watch the Setanta Ireland channel but no Live Premier League games are on this channel.

paulboland wrote: »
    I would call them again and try

Did you not notice on your webpage your subscription a message at bottom of the screen when it confirmed your subscription details

Nope, I took a printscreen and there's no message at the bottom. Thanks for the feedback. When I receive my confirmation letter (or when I don't), I'll phone them back and bring up the free multi-room discussion again.

manu2009 wrote: »
    Did you check your junk folder? That's where mine was.

Thanks. Yeah I checked there, but there wasn't anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Tangatagamadda Chaddabinga Bonga Bungo

kooga wrote: »
    guys don't forget LFC promo till tomorrow €10/£10 off first month! applies to both monthly tkt and annual sub

Is that to do with LFCtv?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

Could anyone advise how much the cost would be to add setanta and BT sport to sky?

My fathers a sky customer with sky entertainment, sports, HD and sky multiroom packages.

Thanks in advance

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭pricewise987

Could anyone advise how much the cost would be to add setanta and BT sport to sky?

My fathers a sky customer with sky entertainment, sports, HD and sky multiroom packages.

Thanks in advance

BT Sport 1, BT Sport 2 and ESPN are now part of the Setanta Sports Pack. With 71 exclusively live Premier League games, including 18 top picks, the new pack has a lot to offer football fans this year!

Subscribe Online now using the promo code DEAL and you'll get 2 months at €12.99* per month, with no connection fee! That's Setanta's best offer but hurry, because it's only available for a limited time. Subscribe Online Now or to speak to a customer service agent call 0818 20 30 40 now.

Afterwards it's €19.99 per month

OR

you can pay for 12 months in advance for €199

• Registered Users Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

Thanks in advance

19.99 a month extra or €199 a year

• Registered Users Posts: 45,922 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Thanks in advance
    You can subscribe here. Its €19.99 per month or €199.99 for a one off payment for the year.

If paying monthly read the following to get the first 2 months for €12.99/month but act soon as this offer ends in a day or two
    Last Chance to get Setanta's best offer!

This weekend the Premier League is back! And the new Setanta Sports Pack has a great Saturday of sport for you. First up it's Liverpool v Stoke at 12.45pm, followed by Arsenal v Aston Villa at 3pm. Plus don't miss Celtic v Aberdeen at 12.30pm and live UFC featuring Ireland's Conor McGregor from 11pm. That's all this Saturday only on the Setanta Sports Pack.

BT Sport 1, BT Sport 2 and ESPN are now part of the Setanta Sports Pack. With 71 exclusively live Premier League games, including 18 top picks, the new pack has a lot to offer football fans this year!

Subscribe Online now using the promo code DEAL and you'll get 2 months at €12.99* per month, with no connection fee! That's Setanta's best offer but hurry, because it's only available for a limited time. Subscribe Online Now or to speak to a customer service agent call 0818 20 30 40 now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

Wish they would set up an HD channel for Setanta 1 then for football as the picture is fooookin awful in SD on UPC.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

0ph0rce0 wrote: »
    Wish they would set up an HD channel for Setanta 1 then for football as the picture is fooookin awful in SD on UPC.
    Same as SI/SS1 on sky, terribly bad.... seriously I have watched games online with a superior picture quality... It really is not on for a subscription broadcaster, they either need to launch a general Setanta HD channel (with programs from both channels) or launch both Setanta Ireland/Sports 1 in HD on all platforms.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭TheRedDevil10

Was onto UPC Loyalty Dept today, to see if I could get a few euros knocked of my bill and to subscribe to Setanta. Got a great deal. After the two months free it will cost me €7.45 a month for Setanta (So that works out at only €4.78 over 12 months) However, I did have to enter into a new 12 month contract which I was happy enough to do. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,659 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

irishfeen wrote: »
    Same as SI/SS1 on sky, terribly bad.... seriously I have watched games online with a superior picture quality...

I may be imagining it but I think the quality has improved slightly in the last few months since Setanta Sports1 merged with Premier Sports.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,574 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

I may be imagining it but I think the quality has improved slightly in the last few months since Setanta Sports1 merged with Premier Sports.

With today's confirmation that all Premier League games will be on Setanta Sports 1 from now on, we can presume that the Setanta Sports 1 - Premier Sports merger will be undone shortly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭mollser

http://www.theguardian.com/media/2013/aug/15/bt-sport-virgin-media-tv

Despite all the whinging going on here and on other places (facebook), I often felt that UPC should have played serious hardball with Setanta on this one.

Their sister co. in the UK has struck a great deal (albeit late), all channels included on the top tier XL Virgin Media package.

Well done to them, I wonder will Setanta go back to the drawing board on this one? Seriously doubt many people will be subscribing to it, I hope not anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

icdg wrote: »
    With today's confirmation that all Premier League games will be on Setanta Sports 1 from now on, we can presume that the Setanta Sports 1 - Premier Sports merger will be undone shortly.
    Definately think so, may even happen before PL kick off this weekend, I think the decision to take all branding of "Premier Sports" off the Setanta Package was a sure sign that they decided to return to the way it was.

Advertisement