Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have you ever got so drunk...

Options
  • 10-08-2013 9:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭

that you cant remember anything or what you did the night before?

I hear people say this but it never happen to me, i gotten seriously drunk a few times and i would always remember what happen the night before

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

Yup it's why I don't drink really. Anything after 5/6 drinks and I get total blackouts. Will remember nothing at all and be hungover for approx 2/3 days.

So I don't drink much at all. Never more than 3/4 drinks.
    I'm great craic really :)

Yup

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭debabyjesus

Can't remember

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭puddinboxxx

In the short 4 years I've been drinkin it only happened once, 3 hours of my life that I have no recollection of

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭Two Tone from Limehouse

Don't think I've ever forgotten the while night but definitely incidants

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,396 ✭✭✭Frosty McSnowballs

Have you ever got so drunk....that you sh1t in a flask?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭justforlaugh

Have you ever got so drunk....that you sh1t in a flask?

wtf:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭gifted

Can't remember the night???...Jesus I can't remember me twenties, woke up one morning with a woman who was probably 3 times older than me mam and discovered I was in me 30's :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

Whenever I go on a big tear on pints of heineken I can't remember anything the next day. Any other drink and I'm grand, just that drink that gives me alzheimer's the day after.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,108 ✭✭✭RachaelVO

I do tend to remember eventually...

It's the fecking fear though, that's the killer. I don't get hangovers (I'd never drink if I did), but sometimes I do get the fear and it's fecking horrible, the paranoia is a killer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭Seachmall

Yep, once.

I had dropped a bit of weight and hadn't adjusted my drinking accordingly so I spent quite a few nights off my rocker. One of those nights I have absolutely no memory of. According to my mates though I was acting like a dick and am probably better off that I don't remember it.

However, I believe in "Telling Lies" it's discussed that the vast majority (90+%) of cases of alcohol induced amnesia are simply the person being embarrassed by their actions and using it as an excuse to avoid having to deal with the consequences.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭willowthewisp

Went for a period of a few years when every single time I went out and went beyond a few, I had to get absolutely smashed and would be instantly transported from the 2nd/3rd venue of the night back to my bedroom the next morning.
    Never had a frigging clue of what or even who I may have done.
    Am all normal now though, but sometimes I miss that buzz of getting fuuuuu
    caked up!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Friend of mine shat in a bin in a pub..
    Me.. i tried to use my shoe as a front door key..
    So yes..

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

1ZRed wrote: »
    Whenever I go on a big tear on pints of heineken I can't remember anything the next day. Any other drink and I'm grand, just that drink that gives me alzheimer's the day after.
    are you seriously claiming that only beer and not just that, a specific registered trade mark of beer causes you to black out?

4 times.

First time was when I was about 19, was at a wedding drinking wine all day, went to residents bar and drank vokda and redbull until I had to be (allegedly) carried to bed.

Second time was a few years ago in a bar that I know well, took one sip out of my third cocktail and remember nothing after. My friend found me asleep in the toilets.

Last time was a recent work night out, missing a couple of hours completely. Was drunker than anyone else there (was drinking cocktails from the same bar as above - lesson learned, they aren't scabby with the alcohol!).

It's a bad buzz and not one I want to ever experience again. It's utter stupidity to allow myself get that drunk.

Can't remember the third time?!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

I was spiked.....with a hape of pints!

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭timewilltell

Too many to mention. Started to wise up last year and hasn't happened since! Suppose when I think about it I'm lucky, something could have easily happened to me e.g. fall, get lost etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

Seachmall wrote: »
    Yep, once.

I

However, I believe in "Telling Lies" it's discussed that the vast majority (90+%) of cases of alcohol induced amnesia are simply the person being embarrassed by their actions and using it as an excuse to avoid having to deal with the consequences.

Nope I don't believe a word of it.
    I totally black out. If i cant remember it i really Can't remember it. It's horrible

• Closed Accounts Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Forest Demon

I call it my dark passenger

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭shinesun

Yep once or twice. :rolleyes:
    It is more the fear that gets me, not knowing what could have said/done.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

Yeah once, changed my attitude to drink. Just the worst feeling ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

Yes, horrific the next day but I probably enjoyed myself at the time so that at least comforts me.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭Seachmall

Lisha wrote: »
    Nope I don't believe a word of it.

The book doesn't argue that it doesn't happen, or deny that some people are more prone to blacking out, only that the vast majority of claims of blackouts are lies.

It was a well reasoned and supported claim, iirc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

are you seriously claiming that only beer and not just that, a specific registered trade mark of beer causes you to black out?

Yeah, if had 10 or more pints of heineken, which isn't a lot in fairness and I wouldn't be drunk after, It'd make my memory patchy. If had the same in cider or bud I'd be completely fine. It's strange, but I know a few similar lads like me too.

Then if I drank an absolute shit load of anything it wouldn't matter, I'd black out then regardless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

Just the once, and it was enough not to let it happen again. I blacked out for about five hours, which I spent getting sick in the downstairs bathroom with my mother looking after me. The only saving grace is that my friend, on seeing how drunk I was in town, had put me in a taxi home while I was still conscious. I didn't even know I'd been sick until the following night.

Raw vodka. Never again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭crockholm

Used to have the whole"scene missing" thing when I was younger,have not been drinking like that in a while,plus,the way you approach alcohol changes as you get older.But like the lingering smell of piss,when you have the wet penny in the pocket-I can rarely remember going home,I can remember everything that happens when out, just never the walk home

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

I don't get what "the fear" is. I usually get so drunk that I should be absolutely mortified but luckily I don't remember as much as I should so generally I draw a line under it the next day and it's grand.

Nothing like a bit of binge drinking

• Moderators Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭Wise Old Elf

When I started work first, a good few of us used to go out straight after work every week. Never had total memory loss, but a lot of "fear", and I overdid it a good bit.
    I decided one night to be sensible, went home, had a proper meal and went to pub at a normal time. Had a couple of drinks, then someone handed me a green drink (chartreuse). I remember finishing whatever conversation I was having, downing it, then NOTHING. A really unnerving experience and not something I remeber doing since! Ended up giving up booze for a year shortly after.

• Site Banned Posts: 257 ✭✭Driveby Dogboy

i feel the night is wasted if i wake up the next morning and can remember how i got home

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭Vivienne23

Yep i often wouldn't remember getting home it's like the air hits me and I might have a recollection of a tiny bit of a conversation or something to jog my memory but the specifics of it wouldn't have a clue and that's only after a few bottles ,

Then there was last st Patrick's day, I literally walked out of one pub remember taking a few steps and waking up in my bed the following morning , turns out we were in 2 more pubs and the chipper after that

It turned me off drink completely , wreckless behaviour drinking that amount hence why I have been out approx 4 /5 times since then ,

Oh Jesus the fear is a nightmare I couldn't go into the local spar for about 3 weeks after the paddys day fiasco in case I met anyone

Advertisement