Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have you ever got so drunk...

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭Ihatecuddles-old

I forget bits but unfortunately remember them the next day.

My boyfriends housemate reminded me that I went to the bathroom naked when they were in the sitting room. Wish she didn't tell me :o

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

Seachmall wrote: »
    The book doesn't argue that it doesn't happen, or deny that some people are more prone to blacking out, only that the vast majority of claims of blackouts are lies.

It was a well reasoned and supported claim, iirc.

Suppose I just believe it cos I truly do suffer blackouts. But I really believe some people react very badly to alcohol. Sadly I'm one of them. One of my brothers would be similar to me too.

I love the taste of alcohol, Heineken, Bacardi n coke, I really love wine but I go from mellow to collapso way too quick. So it's better if I don't

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭LashingLady

I don't get what "the fear" is. I usually get so drunk that I should be absolutely mortified but luckily I don't remember as much as I should so generally I draw a line under it the next day and it's grand.

Nothing like a bit of binge drinking

I have found "the fear" gets worse a) as you get older, and b) when you have kids. I'm 33 with two small children and the guilt, paranoia and anxiety I get after a night drinking is enough to put me off altogether!

Vodka and red bull doesn't help either, love it at the time but my god does it make you depressed the next day!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Katya

Yep it's awful and the reason I'm not bothered drinking. It happened to me a lot (sometimes after as little as three drinks) and took me a long time to realise drinking isn't for me. I have a few now and then but don't let myself get out if it. I only recently heard the term the 'fear' but I knew immediately what it referred to!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭tara73

sure, happend about 5-10 times in my life (can't remember how often really...:D) too old for it these days though...:)
    one funny story: was sharing a taxi with a friend to get home after a great night out, he didn't really know my address and apparently I didn't wanted to tell him or the taxi driver. he told me the next morning. I thought he was joking...was a bit shocked tbh as I couldn't remember anything about it:o.

OP, if you drink enough, it will happen to you too. Some people pass out, and that's it then, but if you drink harder stuff like vodka it will happen eventually. not encouraging you to do it, just sayin'..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭calanus

Yup, the amount that it has happened to at least once seems to outweigh the number who haven't.

My worst blackout was about a few years ago (around 18) on a very very quiet Monday night in a town about 30 mile from mine. After about 4 car bombs and whatever else our group got kicked out because two of us projectile vomited across the bar. While waiting for the taxi I wandered off only to wake up in my bed the next morning with puke everywhere and neither myself or my friends know how I got home.

I presume my parents have the answer but I have never plucked up the courage to ask!

The whole night obviously not but nearly always have bits of the night I don't remember especially getting home.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,618 ✭✭✭scwazrh

I have found "the fear" gets worse a) as you get older, and b) when you have kids. I'm 33 with two small children and the guilt, paranoia and anxiety I get after a night drinking is enough to put me off altogether!

Vodka and red bull doesn't help either, love it at the time but my god does it make you depressed the next day!

this ^^^^

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭Katunga

yes on two on three times all in college.

One of the times I woke up in my en suite.

Have gotten more sensible with my drinking since then so it's been a few years now.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,562 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Has happened to me loads of times. Most recently about 2 weeks ago.

I used to be worried about it, but enough friends told me that when I get really drunk, I just sit down and stay quiet and then go home, so that I didn't worry about the fear anymore.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭justforlaugh

i can become very confidence after 5 or 6 pints but woman tend to look at me with disgust:o

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

1ZRed wrote: »
    Yeah, if had 10 or more pints of heineken, which isn't a lot in fairness and I wouldn't be drunk after, It'd make my memory patchy. If had the same in cider or bud I'd be completely fine. It's strange, but I know a few similar lads like me too.

Then if I drank an absolute shit load of anything it wouldn't matter, I'd black out then regardless.
    sorry but thats all in your head.
    and 10 pints not that much, let me guess, you're about 22?
    edit: sorry that was unnecessarily condescending. after 10 pints I would be royaley sh|t-housed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭wexie

Drunk, nope, never, always remember everything, which is ever more embarrassing cause the impulse control still goes out the window.

Stoned however.....ooh look a butterfly....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

Once when I was younger, I got that drunk I couldn't get my key in the front door when i got home. I had the keys in my hand alright, but I physically couldn't get the key in the door. Had to ring my dad at 4am to get out of bed to open the door.

Not my proudest moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭Lyra Fangs

Happened to me twice.

The first time was the worst. Had a few pre-drinks and when we decided to head to the pub *WHAM* I wake up in my friends house suddenly in pjs with my hair tied up. Very scary, I didn't know where I was for a few minutes and I couldn't understand how it'd happened, I'd only drank about 4 wkds and had the tiniest sip of the end of a vodka bottle over a 2.5 hr period.

Apparently as soon as I left the house I instantly became smashed. Told the doorman I was wasted, puked while lying face down on a table, had to be carried out of the pub, puked at a bus stop and had to be driven the 10 mins to my friend house because I was incapable of operating my legs.

Worse moment of my life, I just appreciate how lucky I was to have a friend there I could rely on.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 neuvoculchie

I dont think iv ever had a night out where atleast some part isnt missing but recently its happening a lot more and im loosing hours and just waking up in bed the next day can never seem to get the right balcance of drunk tesco vodka probly doesnt help though :P anyone got any tips to get drunk but avoid this? I usualy drink very fast (not on purpose) like id drink a pint in under 20 minutes maybe thats at causes it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

Can honestly say I've never gotten meself drunk to the point of losing control of yourself... the most being just getting a little tipsy.

I generally frown upon people that binge drink, disgusting behavior really.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭wil

1ZRed wrote: »
    Whenever I go on a big tear on pints of heineken I can't remember anything the next day. Any other drink and I'm grand, just that drink that gives me alzheimer's the day after.
    So how do you know it was Heinekens:confused::confused::confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭wazky

When I was a few years younger, I was a social gathering at a fancy hotel and had a few drinks, and after went to bed happy as a pig in the brown stuff.

Woke up the next morning with sick all over the myself, the bed and the floor, I went outside for some air and proceeded to empty my stomach into one of the flowerbeds outside then hotel, in front of the dining room where people had just sat down to their continental breakfast.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

I can't remember most of 2009!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

wil wrote: »
    So how do you know it was Heinekens:confused::confused::confused:

Because even if I drank the same amount of another drink, like cider, I'd be fine with no memory loss. Feck even after a day of drinking nothing but whiskey my memory would be fine. It's just something strange in heineken that doesn't agree with me. But I still agree with it :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭wil

Friend of mine forgets how to use his legs when he drinks Buckfast.
    Only his legs, no other part, as far as I'm aware, or care.
    Stone cold sober from the waist up next morning, quite funny to see.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

I pretty much black out every time I drink. I have been to parties and stuff after being out with zero recollection the next day. If you drink heavily it happens, and I drink heavily far too often.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭ImDave

Most of the time, if I get properly drunk (anything more than six pints or so) I spend the next day from around 8AM until 6PM vomiting every 15-20 minutes.

So I've started only drinking bottles and limiting myself to six or seven in one night and nothing else (shots, spirits etc.)

I swear if I drank a couple of times a week I'd have a ripped stomach!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭[-0-]

Woke up on a flight of stairs outside a work colleagues' apartment. Apparently in my drunken state, I thought it was a good place to sleep instead of going home, because he would see me and wake me up and bring me to work.

Still can't remember a thing from that night.

In my defense, I was only 17.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

BraziliaNZ wrote: »
    I pretty much black out every time I drink.

What a waste of a night out. I've had blackouts but they've usually happened from around 3am onwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

I'm normally fine. It i mix drinking and smoking it usually leads to memory loss and my shadow self breaks out. He isn't a bad fella but does have a tendency to pee in inappropriate places.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30,731 ✭✭✭✭princess-lala

On a very rare night out!

Then you have to go contact people the following day to see what has happened the night before :o

• Registered Users Posts: 11,063 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

I can generally handle the beer alright. But there has been two incidents in the last six months whereby I've no recollection of anything.

The first was when I went on the tear after a blazing row with my (female) friend, that also happened to coincide with my birthday. I attribute the blame entirely to myself as it was self-inflicted and was very much a case of me drinking way quicker than I can handle. Apparently I was crying at the bar knocking back shots, and have no memory of getting home. Completely out of character.

The second only occured a few weeks ago. Was out with a few team-mates for the cure after a session the night before. I felt I was drinking no quicker, and no more, than I usual would if I was having a couple of pints on a Sunday. But apparently, by all accounts it was like I was suddenly hit with a sledgehammer and everything went downhill. Again the usual story, have zero recollection of how I got home. Woke up the next morning with the bathroom festooned in vomit, and with a clump of it stuck in my hair. Apparently the brother had to pick me up off the ground because I tripped over my jeans and couldn't get back up.

Other than those two eye-openers, I'm usually well-behaved and mature in my drinking. Kind of have to be, given my job and social standing in town

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,230 ✭✭✭Leftist

christ, it's happened to me a hundred times. Doesn't happen much anymore, maybe once in the past year or two but I had it regularly when I was younger.

And worst thing was I knew I was capable of doing something really, really silly.

Once I took my friend's dad's car and took it off for a spin. Locked out of my bucket so I was. ended up waking up in the car in portmarnock, how I got there I don't know. There was blood on the front bumper and it wasn't mine.
    I ended up driving back and dumping the car. It was still early morning so I got away with it.
    They found a dead dog in the boot a day later. I had to give that house a swerve for a few weeks but they still don't know it was me.

Advertisement