Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Ativ S Sale

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

mad muffin wrote: »
    Let us know how you get on.

Well, it;s landed in Dublin!
    Looks like it was sourced in Italy, should get it today - I'll post later

Got it at 10.30am and I am chuffed with it.
    It's a beautiful phone (I'm an S3 owner so I am a fan of the form factor, plastic and all)

It was brand new, box sealed by one paper samsung seal, phone new, all accessories etc there - Euro 2pin charger but I expected that.

The screen is beautiful, apps and the OS absolutely flies with zero lag, as I expected, on the beautiful Windows Phone 8 interface.
    I'm a big Android fan too (rooting/customising the lot) but over the past few months have been checking out WP8 and what I've seen has persuaded me that I really do not want or need to spend ages customising stuff that at the end of the day doesn't really matter!
    WP8 has everything I want - the only app I am missing is a Danske Bank IRL app, there are ones for the Scandinavian countries so I'm expecting one soon.

I've recently migrated my mail, calendar, contacts and cloud storage from Google to Microsoft and it just performs better for me.
    And as I'm a Windows man as well, everything ties in nicely in a very beautiful OS experience.

Next step - a good, decently priced Windows 8 tablet!
    Anyone up for an S3 and Nexus 7 3G..? :-)

For 265e inc delivery, this phone is worth every cent
    (removable battery + microSD support!)

PS best of luck mad muffin, I can imagine your annoyance and frustration with the crowd you're dealing with

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Yeah it all went a bit pear shaped.:(

Still, I'm hoping for a favourable outcome. :rolleyes:

was hoping to have this resolved by the time i was going on holidays but that's not going to happen. Just my luck they'll send a replacement phone when I'm away...:pac:

Enjoy your new phone. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 532 ✭✭✭PurvesGrundy

I ordered this phone last week and I'm starting to wonder now if I made the right decision. Googling the phone purchasing websites seems to give low resale values.

Is there a reason for this or is the phone just generally overlooked?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

I ordered this phone last week and I'm starting to wonder now if I made the right decision. Googling the phone purchasing websites seems to give low resale values.

Your getting it for peanuts and your worried about re sale value? Of course its gonna have a low re sale value, price dropped so much...

• Advertisement

Your getting it for peanuts and your worried about re sale value? Of course its gonna have a low re sale value, price dropped so much...

I know, I know...

I googled the phone once again and happened to come across a valuation from fonebank which had it down at half of what other smartphones were fetching. I thought this might be an indicator that the phone is not very good and therefore not in demand.

Who did you order it from?

It's simply because Samsung never bothered to market it. There's probably excess stock now and the price has been cut dramatically to clear it.

Who did you order it from?

I decided to risk it and order from price-guard. I know another poster on here is having a poor experience presently with them, but I can wait for the long postage and don't mind if the box is a bit dodgy looking and there is a two pin charger.

I sent them a mail prior to ordering expressing the concerns I had. I gathered from their electronicly translated reply that it might all be OK and figured it was unlikely I would receive a faulty phone like mad muffin did.
    It's simply because Samsung never bothered to market it. There's probably excess stock now and the price has been cut dramatically to clear it.

I see, I see.

Thanks.

I decided to risk it and order from price-guard. I know another poster on here is having a poor experience presently with them, but I can wait for the long postage and don't mind if the box is a bit dodgy looking and there is a two pin charger.

I sent them a mail prior to ordering expressing the concerns I had. I gathered from their electronicly translated reply that it might all be OK and figured it was unlikely I would receive a faulty phone like mad muffin did.

I see, I see.

Thanks.

Yeah it's me who's having problems with them. I'm still waiting for a replacement phone. :(

Still no word on a replacement phone so I opened a PayPal dispute :mad:

• Advertisement

Latest update on this sorry saga (if I haven't bored you all to death already :pac: )

Opened a dispute for a full refund but Price-Guard turned it down. Also after repeated attempts to get them to tell me why a genuine Samsung charger was substituted with a generic one, I finally got an answer today:

Unfortunately, I have read about this issue. Please excuse my error.
    You have a new product ordered from us and also receive. With no new equipment film must be attached to the back. Since there are no more cell phone manufacturers in Germany, the devices are imported from the EU. Since there are other outlets in other Längern, we had to attach the proper cable.

After that I decided to go ahead and escalate it to a claim.

May the PayPal gods take mercy on my soul and rule in my favour without delay.

Sick of this now. It's taken far too long to resolve. A this stage I don't even want the phone anymore. :(

Latest update on this sorry saga (if I haven't bored you all to death already :pac: )

Opened a dispute for a full refund but Price-Guard turned it down. Also after repeated attempts to get them to tell me why a genuine Samsung charger was substituted with a generic one, I finally got an answer today:

Unfortunately, I have read about this issue. Please excuse my error.
    You have a new product ordered from us and also receive. With no new equipment film must be attached to the back. Since there are no more cell phone manufacturers in Germany, the devices are imported from the EU. Since there are other outlets in other Längern, we had to attach the proper cable.

After that I decided to go ahead and escalate it to a claim.

May the PayPal gods take mercy on my soul and rule in my favour without delay.

Sick of this now. It's taken far too long to resolve. A this stage I don't even want the phone anymore. :(

That's bloody awful mad muffin, I know how it is when crap like that happens, you go off the idea of the item very quickly.
    Keep us updated so we all know to avoid priceguard also to see how paypal handle it

Sir Oxman wrote: »
    That's bloody awful mad muffin, I know how it is when crap like that happens, you go off the idea of the item very quickly.
    Keep us updated so we all know to avoid priceguard also to see how paypal handle it

Thanks.

I have been going through there negative feedback now and 99% of it is from people who received use/damaged phones.

Does anyone know if you can view an old description?

They changed te description since I bought the phone. It's now listed as new other:

New other (see details)

A new, unused item with absolutely no signs of wear. The item may be missing its original packaging, or the original packaging has been opened or is no longer sealed. The item may be a factory second, or a new and unused item with minor defects. See the seller’s listing for full details and description of any imperfections.

I'm pretty sure it was described as new unopened when I bought it :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

Still no word on a replacement phone so I opened a PayPal dispute :mad:

Did you order less than 14 days ago? German Law gives you 14 days in which you can send back any goods that you ordered via the internet without any reason for giving so. Fernabsatzverträge, §§ 312b – 321e BGB In fact the company even has to pay you the shipping cost back to them if the goods are worth more than 40€.

If you are outside of the 14 days than German law gives you several options like demanding that they fix the problem or order cancelation (this requires that you did give them a timeline for fixing the problem that they did not adhere to or them being unable to fix the problem to your satisfaction).

So if you don't even want the phone anymore you should tell them that because they did not delivery what you purchased and they have not provided a replacement to you in the reasonable time you have allotted them you are cancelling your contract and demand your money back.

You can also do this during the PayPal dispute.

Good Luck

Thanks for the info.

I actually sent it back the next day after it arrived so it was even with in the 7 days.

They have refused a refund every time I asked for one and also in PayPal dispute I asked twice and they refused. They also refused to send me a replacement always stating that the phone needs to be sent for repair or inspection. They've had the phone back for three weeks now. I suspect they don't believe me that the phone was damaged out of the box and are trying to find a way to get out of it.

As regards to posting it back I had to do it myself and pay for it. Do they pay for postage if its within Germany?

This is what they wrote to me when I requested the RMA:

Hallo,

Wir bedauern sehr, dass Sie Probleme mit dem Gerät haben.

Wir bitten Sie, das Gerät komplett (mit Zubehör und Originalverpackung)
    ausreichend umverpackt und freigemacht (keine Unfreisendungen) an uns zurück
    zu senden.
    Bitte legen Sie eine genaue Fehlerbeschreibung, sowie Ihre Rechnung bei.

Um eine schnelle und effektive Bearbeitung Ihrer Retoure zu gewährleisten,
    bitten wir Sie außen am Paket gut lesbar folgende Retourennummer
    anzubringen: RKL-0054833

Unsere Anschrift:
    Price-Guard GmbH
    Im Ebenfeld 3
    D-94513 Schönberg

Unfreie Rücksendungen können generell nicht angenommen werden - wir bitten
    um Ihr Verständnis.

Zum Status Ihrer Rücksendung:
    Unser Service-Team wird sich selbstverständlich bei Rückfragen und nach
    abgeschlossener Bearbeitung Ihrer Rücksendung mit Ihnen in Verbindung
    setzen.
    Bitte beachten Sie, dass die Bearbeitungszeit in einzelnen Fällen mehrere
    Tage in Anspruch nehmen kann. Denken Sie dabei auch an die Paketlaufzeiten.
    Nachfragen zum Bearbeitungsstand verzögern die Bearbeitungszeiten nur
    unnötig.

Vielen Dank für Ihr Verständnis.
    Mit freundlichen Grüßen

I actually found the original listing which says NEW. The new description says NEW other

This is the listing now:

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/190835571603?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

Am I correct? They have changed it since?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭gman2k

I still want one!

gman2k wrote: »
    I still want one!

I thought you had bought one already.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

Thanks for the info.

I actually sent it back the next day after it arrived so it was even with in the 7 days.

They have refused a refund every time I asked for one and also in PayPal dispute I asked twice and they refused. They also refused to send me a replacement always stating that the phone needs to be sent for repair or inspection. They've had the phone back for three weeks now. I suspect they don't believe me that the phone was damaged out of the box and are trying to find a way to get out of it.

As regards to posting it back I had to do it myself and pay for it. Do they pay for postage if its within Germany?

This is what they wrote to me when I requested the RMA:

Hallo,

Wir bedauern sehr, dass Sie Probleme mit dem Gerät haben.

Wir bitten Sie, das Gerät komplett (mit Zubehör und Originalverpackung)
    ausreichend umverpackt und freigemacht (keine Unfreisendungen) an uns zurück
    zu senden.
    Bitte legen Sie eine genaue Fehlerbeschreibung, sowie Ihre Rechnung bei.

Um eine schnelle und effektive Bearbeitung Ihrer Retoure zu gewährleisten,
    bitten wir Sie außen am Paket gut lesbar folgende Retourennummer
    anzubringen: RKL-0054833

Unsere Anschrift:
    Price-Guard GmbH
    Im Ebenfeld 3
    D-94513 Schönberg

Unfreie Rücksendungen können generell nicht angenommen werden - wir bitten
    um Ihr Verständnis.

Zum Status Ihrer Rücksendung:
    Unser Service-Team wird sich selbstverständlich bei Rückfragen und nach
    abgeschlossener Bearbeitung Ihrer Rücksendung mit Ihnen in Verbindung
    setzen.
    Bitte beachten Sie, dass die Bearbeitungszeit in einzelnen Fällen mehrere
    Tage in Anspruch nehmen kann. Denken Sie dabei auch an die Paketlaufzeiten.
    Nachfragen zum Bearbeitungsstand verzögern die Bearbeitungszeiten nur
    unnötig.

Vielen Dank für Ihr Verständnis.
    Mit freundlichen Grüßen

I actually found the original listing which says NEW. The new description says NEW other

This is the listing now:

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/190835571603?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

Am I correct? They have changed it since?

Well the devil is in the detail, the link you just gave me show that the unit is a demo unit or even a returned unit with usage marks so it really depends on what were the details in the page (which you have not in the screenshot).

Now I speak perfect German and I can tell you that their whole offer is confusing, full of contradictions about the state of the goods, their Terms are full of passages which contradict themselves and overall I would not buy from them.

From looking through you posts I think you are right they suspect that the goods were damaged by yourself which is why they required you to fill out the paperwork but that does not matter.

They have an obligation to replace a damaged unit with a new unit or to offer you to cancel the contract.

Furthermore their own terms allow you 4 weeks (instead of 2 weeks) to cancel the contract even if you have received the goods.

Now in case of cancelation you need to pay the shipping charges but in case (according to their terms) but in case of damaged units they have to pay the shipping charges. However some of their terms are contradicting themselves in that part plus they are not according to consumer law.

My suggestion would be to contact them and tell them that you are giving them a deadline of xx days to refund you the money because the goods provided were not as outlined in their offer and inform them that you do not wish to receive a replacement phone and cancel the contract as they were unable to deliver you the phone in a reasonable time frame.

I looked through their negative feedback and most is that a used unit instead of a new unit was send or that they did not honour the warranty. So I think this is a business model for them which could be considered an offence. You could contact the local Verbraucherzentrale (consumer association) but that would need to be done in German.

My suggestion update your paypal claim with all the details, keep detailed records of e-mails and other contacts and you might also contact the http://www.eccireland.ie/ who can help you to contact the relevant German authorities.

It would be easier if you spoke German because I would have lost it with them long time ago, send them a court demand for repayment and contacted the police because I would suspect that their behaviour is against the law (giving the amount of similar complaints they would have to look into it).

For you, I think ECC Ireland might be the best way.

Thanks again.

I have already initiated a PayPal claim so I'm hoping PayPal will refund me the money. If for some reason bizzar reason PayPal rules in favour of the seller I will proceed as you suggested. I will not let them steal €250 odd from me.

This is the link to the screenshot:

http://cgi.ebay.ie/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItemVersion&item=190835571603&view=all&tid=836826098009

I don't know if you'll be able to see it though as it from my purchase.

You can see in the screen shot item condition says new and in the description above says new & sealed. The new item description says new other and at the top in the description it no longer says new but only with seal.

• Advertisement

I thought you had bought one already.

The wp7.8 LGE900 will have to keep plugging along for another while. The days when 250yoyos was easy to come by for a phone are long......gone.

Got an email from Price-Guard today

Now we have cleared the circumstances.
    We will immediately refund the purchase price for you.

Then 35 minutes later I got an email from PayPal

We decided the claim for the following transaction in your favor:

Before we can issue you a refund, we need you to return the item to your
    seller.

Note:
    - We need your shipping information within 10 days of receiving this email.
    If you can't provide the shipping information within this timeframe, you
    will not receive a refund.
    - If your transaction was $250.00 or more, we require online proof of
    delivery from the shipping service in the form of a signature from the
    recipient.
    - You are responsible for the shipping costs to return the item to the
    seller.

After we can confirm your shipping information, we'll issue you a refund by
    crediting your PayPal account. Please note that your refund is based on the
    PayPal Purchase Protection coverage amount listed on the auction and could
    be less than the original transaction amount.

I sent it back via An Post express international delivery. I did it that way because I thought the less time it spent being delivered the better but you don't get a signature at the end just tracking.

I was going to send it registered post but there is no tracking after it leaves Ireland.

I emailed Price-Guard back asking them to let PayPal know I have already returned the phone.

The claim went from awaiting others party's response straight to item return.

I don't know what to do now. Do I wait for Price-Guard to get back to me or give PayPal the tracking number?

Also to make things worse after getting the email from Price-Guard I check my credit card to see if I had indeed been refunded and what did I find but some fraudulent activity to the tune of almost €1000 :mad:

Amazon.de are selling it (through Amazon themselves) for €212 (€219 for Ireland) and it comes to €227 odd delivered to Ireland.

Do I dare? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭54kroc

Do, that's a cracking price for the phone and god knows you deserve it after all the ****e from Price-Guard.

What's happening with the fraud on your credit card?

54kroc wrote: »
    Do, that's a cracking price for the phone and god knows you deserve it after all the ****e from Price-Guard.

What's happening with the fraud on your credit card?

Credit card company said they would take care of it. I do t know if I'll ever find out how it happened though.

I suspect it might be a woman as there are two chargers for clothing places and one for some getaway deal site.

It's a bit bizzar though. Why steal credit card details and then go onto a deal site and buy stuff from dunnes.ie?

There was also a large charge pending it just said telecommunications equipment.

Refund granted!

twas about time too...

Amazon.de are selling it (through Amazon themselves) for €212 (€219 for Ireland) and it comes to €227 odd delivered to Ireland.

Do I dare? :pac:

I got mine through amazon.de (through amazon, not a reseller)
    As I said previously, it took a week, was 5 or 6 days at shipping soon but once shipped got it via UPS within a day or so.
    It came via amazon Italy in the end!
    Was new etc.

Go for it, it's a grand phone and the price is 45e cheaper than I got it for a few weeks ago!:eek:

Refund granted!

twas about time too...

Bloody time too!
    Delighted for you, now...do you dare...;)

Sir Oxman wrote: »
    I got mine through amazon.de (through amazon, not a reseller)
    As I said previously, it took a week, was 5 or 6 days at shipping soon but once shipped got it via UPS within a day or so.
    It came via amazon Italy in the end!
    Was new etc.

Go for it, it's a grand phone and the price is 45e cheaper than I got it for a few weeks ago!:eek:

Soooo very tempted...

My accountant wants the funds secured back into the credit card before I attempt take two...

• Advertisement

On the Amazon.co.uk site:

Item Under Review

This product is not currently offered by Amazon.co.uk because a customer recently told us that the item he or she received was not as described.

We are working to resolve this as quickly as possible. In the meantime, you may still find this product available from other sellers on this page.

Advertisement